New level almost finished

Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

morningstarring
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

New level almost finished

Post by morningstarring »

Almost finished with a new level. made keycards a little harder to find and access. added some platforming and other difficulties that were lacking in my first attempt at making a new level. heres a screen of the starting area.
Attachments
landing strip.jpg
landing strip.jpg (274.65 KiB) Viewed 4419 times
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Re: New level almost finished

Post by Draconisaurus »

Oye! Glad to see so much energy put into new mods. This area looks great. Airfields are not commonly put in new levels but make great sense for the game setting. Can't remember the last time I saw another modder use Tres Jungle models.
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Post by tatu »

Oh, this looks very interesting! :)
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

I like what I'm seeing...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Looks great! I like your sense of innovation...I don't think we've seen an airfield in Trespasser since JPDS.
morningstarring
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

http://www.mediafire.com/file/p0mzdlu5e ... 4.zip/file

New level finished. I think it's good to go. let me know if there are any issues. :)
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Alright! I gave this level a go. I must say, I quite liked what I saw. Nice pacing, nice inobvious exploration opportunity, nice locations. Also nice to see, again, objects which have their original normalmaps from the game. I did end up dying by fate of the Dinosaur who didn't quite make it on-screen in JWFK... Tomorrow I expect to go at it again.
Spoiler: show
Nice use of the tower! You thought of another use for its interior space I hadn't thought of. The runway works pretty well. Did think it was missing a certain vehicle.
I must point out - a certain visiting tribe of Raptors did prove to be quite ghostly in appearance!
GhostRaptor01.jpg
GhostRaptor01.jpg (572.27 KiB) Viewed 4374 times
Also - a certain trailer I found had inside, some sort of electronic device... A new type of computer InGen was working on? Or, possibly it was an upgrade of the map tube found in the trailers from beta/alpha level builds.
TrailerOddity01.jpg
TrailerOddity01.jpg (409.42 KiB) Viewed 4374 times
I found more than one route to take, and opted to go upwards... There was an unexpected planar schism, where viewing was only permitted in one direction or the other from either side. Though, dirt impacts could be seen through it, and I used this to evade my pursuer. After finding a way and then following it bit, I found a lonely building with some guardians. These succeeded in killing me in spite of my rifle.
More news later. Drac.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

I just wish I had seen this earlier tonight, I'll take quick look but probabl won't be able to play it fully until tomorrow...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

So much for a "quick look" before i realzied it, over an hour had passed. I had to save and go to bed because it was almost 3am.

So, now I just finished it. There's some places I didn't get to see, apparently. I like the terrain sculpting and overall level design. Only things to point out are that a few objects are floating over the terrain, and some occlusion objects seem to be in awkward places... oh, and some of the steps in fron of the trailers are missig physics objects.

I was expecting one further challenge before the end itself, though...
morningstarring
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Draconisaurus wrote:Alright! I gave this level a go. I must say, I quite liked what I saw. Nice pacing, nice inobvious exploration opportunity, nice locations. Also nice to see, again, objects which have their original normalmaps from the game. I did end up dying by fate of the Dinosaur who didn't quite make it on-screen in JWFK... Tomorrow I expect to go at it again.
Spoiler: show
Nice use of the tower! You thought of another use for its interior space I hadn't thought of. The runway works pretty well. Did think it was missing a certain vehicle.

look directly upward when you first start the level and you might find your missing vehicle ;).

I must point out - a certain visiting tribe of Raptors did prove to be quite ghostly in appearance!

hmmm. dunno why the raptors are transparent. they were fine on my end.
GhostRaptor01.jpg
Also - a certain trailer I found had inside, some sort of electronic device... A new type of computer InGen was working on? Or, possibly it was an upgrade of the map tube found in the trailers from beta/alpha level builds.

I'll take a closer look at where the trees are placed. I had the editor crash a few times during design and had to redo some stuff so I probably got sloppy out of frustration.
TrailerOddity01.jpg
I found more than one route to take, and opted to go upwards... There was an unexpected planar schism, where viewing was only permitted in one direction or the other from either side. Though, dirt impacts could be seen through it, and I used this to evade my pursuer. After finding a way and then following it bit, I found a lonely building with some guardians. These succeeded in killing me in spite of my rifle.
even though I make the levels I forget where I place my dinos. they sneak up on me when I test the level

More news later. Drac.
morningstarring
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

machf wrote:So much for a "quick look" before i realzied it, over an hour had passed. I had to save and go to bed because it was almost 3am.

So, now I just finished it. There's some places I didn't get to see, apparently. I like the terrain sculpting and overall level design. Only things to point out are that a few objects are floating over the terrain, and some occlusion objects seem to be in awkward places... oh, and some of the steps in fron of the trailers are missig physics objects.

I was expecting one further challenge before the end itself, though...
I think I managed to place much less floating vegetation than my last level. It still happened in a few areas. maybe I could avoid it by placing less vegetation when I copy and paste it when filling areas. I think i'll play around with teleporting dino triggers because it does need a better level ending.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Random thought - have you experimented with music placement? The resources in Trespasser Millennium include Tres sound name lists (see signature).
morningstarring
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Draconisaurus wrote:Random thought - have you experimented with music placement? The resources in Trespasser Millennium include Tres sound name lists (see signature).
Not yet but I want to. Really want to use new music tracks for ambience and one special project if its possible. I want to at the very least make a small jungle level with a single gate opened with a key or code trigger. once the gate is opened "Welcome to the Jungle" by Guns n Roses plays while rexes and raptors pour out. the player has plenty of firepower. I think it would get a good laugh if its possible.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

I get the impression you are successfully using demi-mods to train for more difficult ones. Adding new sound isn't too hard, just needs an awareness of how the additional file types work. Whenever you feel ready, pointers are available, as well as other example mods. As well, new textures are less difficult.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Beware copyrighted music...