Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Pine Escape

Post by Draconisaurus »

'Ello everyone. This past Saturday my friend showed me to the "Jurassic Park Arcade" at the local mall - that new one that came out a while after JP///. DAMN IT WAS GOOD! While playing I whitnessed densely-populated Jurassic areas and thought to myself, in a small level Tres could look like that too.

So, I've started Pine Escape, which I hope proves to be a great mod... 8)
Click on Image
(Click on thumbnail for full size)
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Re: Pine Escape

Post by tatu »

Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

I like it, Drac. I need a few new levels to play when I get time off (I can only watch so much of spongebob
reruns. :lol: ).
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Awesome, glad to see another level in the works! What exactly from the arcade game is inspiring this level?
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Thanks guys -

Nice vid Tatu.. Makes me want to visit the forest (and maybe stay there lol).

This level ought to be finished soon-ish, depending how puzzly I make it.

TI, the inspiration from that game came in the form of high density of objects amidst ruined civilization areas in the game. I imagined that such thickness of assets could be done in Trespasser with a small enough level. So, what you see is the backdrop for that, the buildings and assets coming soon..

PS: TI, those pines of yours, any chance on LOD models soon-ish?
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Sorry Draco, I haven't had any time for modding (or anything much outside of work, really) recently, so those LODs will have to wait. You're free to make your own if you want, though - I wouldn't make them much more than a 3-sided trunk shape with large, textured pyramid-shapes running up the trunk as branches, like the ones on some of the pines in Greenhouse.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

My attention is split across multiple mods at this time, I would be quite happy if I could get just this one pine's LODs in something like 4 weeks, possibly? :yes:
tatu

Post by tatu »

Draconisaurus wrote:My attention is split across multiple mods at this time, I would be quite happy if I could get just this one pine's LODs in something like 4 weeks, possibly? :yes:
Well, if you really want something, sometimes you gotta do it yourself? ;)

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Well I don't have Max installed at this time, trying to do without.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Just a small update, I have slowly been working on this mod off-and-on as I commence the stop-motion animation which no one here seems to care much for.. I occasionally get nostalgic and this mod provides a low-stress relatively-short-timeline option for entering the abyss.

As a note, I'll be releasing a beta test at some point for stability testing purposes, this time, to see how TI's pines are faring on other comps...
Attachments
PE01.jpg
PE01.jpg (274.16 KiB) Viewed 26132 times
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

Actually, I think your stop motion work is cool, but I do indeed look forward to playing different mods.
TrespasserGuy
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by TrespasserGuy »

Do you play as Luffy in this mod? :lol: but for real this mod looks really good so far
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

The level's looking cool so far. Really glad you went with those new model/old skin Raptors - they haven't been used nearly as much as they should have been. For some reason the most recent screenshot reminds me a lot of East Dock, maybe because of the similar choice of objects. :wink:

I hope my pines don't utterly destroy everyone's PCs. I notice that you've used a combination of the "evergreens" and the tropical pines, which should definitely help as the tropical ones aren't anywhere near as detailed.
tatu

Post by tatu »

TheIdiot wrote:I hope my pines don't utterly destroy everyone's PCs. I notice that you've used a combination of the "evergreens" and the tropical pines, which should definitely help as the tropical ones aren't anywhere near as detailed.
Being aware of the specs of Draco's PC, if he can run it, we should be able to. Then again, I don't think he plays with high quality settings like high draw distance either, which helps!

TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

tatu wrote:
TheIdiot wrote:I hope my pines don't utterly destroy everyone's PCs. I notice that you've used a combination of the "evergreens" and the tropical pines, which should definitely help as the tropical ones aren't anywhere near as detailed.
Being aware of the specs of Draco's PC, if he can run it, we should be able to. Then again, I don't think he plays with high quality settings like high draw distance either, which helps!
I always recommend against increasing draw distance with any of my MegaJungle stuff, those models are way too detailed. They've got the culling settings set to what they are for a reason.

Also - Draco, in light of what we've learned recently about overlapping transparent textures, make sure you're doing as little object intersection as possible in order to keep the level stable. It's really clear to me now that it makes an enormous difference after testing my transparent grass meshes in a level with barely over 100 objects that even 5 intersecting transparent faces can make the level unplayable.