Pine Valley - Fixed Up Version

Discuss early Trespasser builds and all other early Trespasser stuff here! Discover more amazing stuff about the game!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

LCountach
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Re: Pine Valley - Fixed Up Version

Post by LCountach »

Yes I have gotten the GeoPlant puzzle working. It was actually a physics engine problem and the trigger boxes were being hit before the needles even moved. You can read back for a more detailed explanation.

I also believe the bridges function as you said. I think scripting does check if the main puzzle is done. Then it allows the bridges to function. My problem is identifying the scripting and duplicating it. I cant find the script that checks if all the GeoPlant steps are finished. I also cant find the script that checks if that script is complete and activates the bridges. Basically Trespassers maps are a mess of trigger boxes and bubbles. Some are under ground. Some cover vast sections of the map. Some are in odd locations unrelated to the object they are scripted to control. Lastly, I am not really a coder/scripter. I can read through them and guess what they doing but, I don't always fully understand them unfortunately.
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

Use TresEd. Just export triggers only, then you'll be able to read through all the tscripts. You can also use
the tpm files for their locations. ;)
LCountach
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by LCountach »

Wow... I feel so silly. After studying the Pine Valley puzzle for an hour. I found what I was looking for. The last little fix for the Lab's capacitor puzzle was super easy. I had already added the five compositor teleport triggers and points. I just needed one line of code to make it all work.

Code: Select all

string FireExpression = "TrigCap01_Pos1Move & TrigCap02_Pos1Move & TrigCap03_Pos1Move & TrigCap04_Pos1Move & TrigCap05_Pos1Move"
I added that to the card reader on the door and now it will only function after the five compositors are in place. Ugh! So simple!

Thanks machf for your T-Script Reference. It helped a lot.

I guess all that's left is to finish Industrial Jungle's plants. That... could take a while.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Post by Draconisaurus »

Glad ya figured that one out. The "FireExpression" scripting is some of the more complex stuff in Trespasser, at least if you're new to it. At the same time it's quite simple. I for one would be quite happy to play a LAB version which required the capacitor placement.
LCountach
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by LCountach »

Tatu, there is a version of Industrial Jungle where you fixed the texture on the side of the smugglers plane. Would it be ok to include your fixed plane in the map pack I am working on?
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Post by tatu »

LCountach wrote:Tatu, there is a version of Industrial Jungle where you fixed the texture on the side of the smugglers plane. Would it be ok to include your fixed plane in the map pack I am working on?
Oh I stole that from JPDS~Plains but of course. It is actually not a fixed version but rather just the "proper" one found in the Mystery Models pack :)
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
LCountach
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by LCountach »

I have a question about the Mystery Models Pack 1 "mystery_models.zip". It is password protected and no password seems to be provided. Is there a password available? Also has anyone converted them to TPM files?
I had some more ideas and wanted to look through the files.
tatu

Post by tatu »

The password would be "723330". You need to open the archive and run "tresword.exe" but you have to have the game installed for it to work.

Some have been exported to TPM, but they all need their textures converted (they are 24-bit) and all are lacking script and other stuff like physics and magnets.

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
LCountach
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by LCountach »

tatu wrote:The password would be "723330". You need to open the archive and run "tresword.exe" but you have to have the game installed for it to work.

Some have been exported to TPM, but they all need their textures converted (they are 24-bit) and all are lacking script and other stuff like physics and magnets.
Yea, I thought tresword was some kind of password generator. I remember something like that from the Trescom Ops and Isle maps. The problem I ran into was. I couldnt even run tresword from the zip because it asks for a password to extract tresword. Thanks for the password though. I have saved the contents into another archive so I dont need to go through that again.

Is there an archive of the models that have been converted?
LCountach
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by LCountach »

I have run into a very strange problem. I imported the GunCabinet from build 96. It mostly worked well. I have cloned it may times to match the locations in the town found in build 96. Funny thing is. Two of the cloned lower right side doors are broken. The magnets dont function and the door just falls off. There are around 10 clones of the cabinet throughout the map. It is crazy that only two of the doors break. I have tried cloning them again and again from the original and other working clones. Those two doors just keep falling off. I also had the same problem with the maintenance door and others in the past. Any Ideas whats wrong?
tatu

Post by tatu »

There is not an archive of the models that have been converted.

For the magnet issue - that is quite common. The easiest way to "fix" it is to just create a magnet for that instance instead. It has to do something with in what order the level loads the objects and only deleting an instance in TresEd messes that order up. But I think machf or TheIdiot can explain it better :)

LCountach
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by LCountach »

tatu wrote:For the magnet issue - that is quite common. The easiest way to "fix" it is to just create a magnet for that instance instead. It has to do something with in what order the level loads the objects and only deleting an instance in TresEd messes that order up. But I think machf or TheIdiot can explain it better :)
Thankyou for the tip.
LCountach
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by LCountach »

Progress update. I spent the past several days importing, editing, and fixing things in the Town and Lab. Today I started work again on Industrial Jungle. I am just over half done with IJ. It is just as much of a mess as JR unfortunately. However, it is my last map and the end is near. Sorry for all the delays but... I keep having ideas and adding things. Mostly to the Town. I was keeping track of the updates, tweaks, and fixes there but... There have been soooo many. I gave up on keeping a list. It has always been my favorite map with the Lab a close second. I hope after you all get a chance to play through them again with the updates. They will be your new favorites too.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

LCountach wrote: and the end is near. Sorry
Repent, sinners! The end is near! You heard him! :wink:
(couldn't resist)
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

As a note - Tatu's suggestion of making a new magnet for non-functioning instances issss one way to do it but not what I'd recommend. As noted, when you delete instances in TresEd, the internal sequence of instance numbers gets jumbled around in particular ways. The easiest solution in your particular case - shift+click on one of the doors to select all of them; ctrl+shift+click one of the other doors to select the rest. Now press Delete; it will tell you original instances couldn't be deleted, which is fine. Now, SAVE the level. Then, hit UNDO. The doors will reappear. Now, SAVE the level again, and go test ingame. All the doors should function correctly.