Pine Valley - Fixed Up Version

Discuss early Trespasser builds and all other early Trespasser stuff here! Discover more amazing stuff about the game!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

LCountach
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Re: Pine Valley - Fixed Up Version

Post by LCountach »

Draconisaurus wrote:As a note - Tatu's suggestion of making a new magnet for non-functioning instances issss one way to do it but not what I'd recommend. As noted, when you delete instances in TresEd, the internal sequence of instance numbers gets jumbled around in particular ways. The easiest solution in your particular case - shift+click on one of the doors to select all of them; ctrl+shift+click one of the other doors to select the rest. Now press Delete; it will tell you original instances couldn't be deleted, which is fine. Now, SAVE the level. Then, hit UNDO. The doors will reappear. Now, SAVE the level again, and go test ingame. All the doors should function correctly.
Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately I went a different route. I deleted all the doors cloned after the broken ones. Then deleted the broken ones. Then I cloned the door one more time and tested it. That worked. So I then proceeded to clone the doors back to the places where I deleted them. It was much more work than your fix but they are working now. Hopefully if I run into this problem in the future. I will remember your tip.
LCountach
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by LCountach »

I have another question. Has anyone found "Pminitower01"? I have found 00, 02, and 03. Each form of the computer seems to have progressing levels of rust and damage. I would have guessed that 00 would have been the undamaged one. Unfortunately, it seems to have it's textures glitched. It shares the top texture "Pminitower03t2.bmp" with 02 and 03. It even uses that texture on the bottom which should actually be bare metal. That's why I think it is glitched. I am hoping 01 will have no rust or damage.

Yes... I got side tracked from IJ again.
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

Post by tatu »

LCountach wrote:I have another question. Has anyone found "Pminitower01"? I have found 00, 02, and 03. Each form of the computer seems to have progressing levels of rust and damage. I would have guessed that 00 would have been the undamaged one. Unfortunately, it seems to have it's textures glitched. It shares the top texture "Pminitower03t2.bmp" with 02 and 03. It even uses that texture on the bottom which should actually be bare metal. That's why I think it is glitched. I am hoping 01 will have no rust or damage.

Yes... I got side tracked from IJ again.
We do not have that version of the computer. It is possible it is the blue-ish one seen in a model render:

I am gonna attach a list of all mesh names found in all of the levels (across all builds) that I put together some time ago. Might be useful when you wonder if something could be found somewhere:
Meshes-FullListAllBuilds.7z
(31.91 KiB) Downloaded 418 times
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
LCountach
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by LCountach »

tatu wrote:Image
Wow, that computer on the left is the one I am looking for. It isn't rusted on top. That one in the middle is very similar to the first one we do have. It is rusted on just the top. However it's CD door is broken off like on the very rusted other one we have. That blue one on the right would be cool. Do we have those somewhere? Or is that just one of those shots of very early stuff we wish we had? I just checked the mystery models pack. They are not in either of those.

Thanks for the model list. I will look through that.
tatu

Post by tatu »

Sadly I can't seem to find a clean texture which probably mean that computer on the left is not one we have.

The computer on the right we don't have the original for either but Draco re-created those textures for JPDS, so you can find it there. I do wonder where it could've gone in the game tho.

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
LCountach
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by LCountach »

I was able to paint a clean texture for the top of the computer. I then edited the rusty computers .TMP to use the clean textures. I chose the rusty one because it has the proper bare metal bottom. I also edited the mesh name so that it would not conflict with the other minitowers we have. Unfortunately, I found out that the monitor and keyboard we have are not matching in color with any computers we have. The computer towers are beige in color. The monitor and keyboard are grey. That's funny actually. As old computers from that era age. It is the plastic monitors and keyboards that yellow most. It's is a flame retardant chemical added to the plastic that causes the extreme yellowing we see today. A painted metal computer case would not yellow as fast. I have a half dozen old computers myself that show this. Lastly, importing that edited computer removes the bump mapping. I feel it greatly diminished the detail.

As for the blue tower. I was thinking that could go in the Lab building with the microscopes and centrifuges. There are some tower computers in there without monitors and keyboards that look like old Mac PowerPCs. I was thinking of setting up a full workstation in that building with a monitor and keyboard that included the blue tower. Or perhaps in Nedry's office.
Attachments
ComputerFix.jpg
ComputerFix.jpg (77.5 KiB) Viewed 10596 times
tatu

Post by tatu »

My grandparents had an old PC from the 90's that had gotten yellow but I think it had some help of cigarette smoke as that can turn stuff yellow-ish as well :P

Also, looking good :D

LCountach
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by LCountach »

tatu wrote:Image
Another question about this render. Is this done by the devs or by someone here at the TresCom community? I ask because it looks like they applied those blue textures on the beige PC model. To my eye, the indentation in the front doesn't seem to match with the texture.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

That was done by one of the original developers. It was among the samples in his professional portfolio.
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
LCountach
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by LCountach »

Another question. I found the drawers "Pdskdrawer" for the "Mangers Desk" in the June_11_v015 version of The Town. Unfortunately that level doesn't have the textures. I believe this is already well known. However, I was wondering if those missing textures were ever found somewhere else? If not, I was thinking about creating some textures for it from the desk textures themselves. Is there an early render out there that shows what they look like? Similar to that render of the computer towers?

The managers desk is the one in my snapshot above with the computer on it.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

As Tatu said, I recreated that blue tower for JPDS, since we never got the original. It can be found in the basement of JPDS~HRS.
LCountach
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by LCountach »

Progress update. I have finished Industrial Jungle. This means I am pretty much done with the TLC Patch/Level Pack. I may attempt to make/find some sub objects for the intangible logs at the start of Pine Valley and for some of the pipes at the Geo Thermal plant. Other than that. I think I am done. I believe the patch could be a few hundred mega bytes in size. What file sharing site should I use to share the PreRelease/Playtest pack here? I dont want to make an account anywhere. Just something quick and easy. After we playtest the maps. I can share a final version to add the pack to the downloads section here at TresCom.

Speaking of those who want to help playtest the maps. I am thinking I should make another thread for the download and discussion of the playtest pack. When people find errors or have suggestions. It may be good to have a thread just for that. What do you guys think?
Last edited by LCountach on Tue Apr 30, 2019 5:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
tatu

Post by tatu »

I found the drawers "Pdskdrawer" for the "Mangers Desk" in the June_11_v015 version of The Town. Unfortunately that level doesn't have the textures. I believe this is already well known. However, I was wondering if those missing textures were ever found somewhere else?
We do not have them. :/
What file sharing site should I use to share the PreRelease/Playtest pack here? I dont want to make an account anywhere. Just something quick and easy. After we playtest the maps. I can share a final version to add the pack to the downloads section here at TresCom.
If you don't want to make an account, try https://www.zippyshare.com/ unless you live in the UK or Germany where the site have blocked traffic from. It allows up to 500mb/file. :)

glitchhunter09
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by glitchhunter09 »

Been looking over this thread for a while now. Have to say I'm impressed with your work so far. Keep it up man!
LCountach
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by LCountach »

I just ran into a bit of a snag. As I was adding the subs to the intangible log in Pine Valley. I found I often placed a certain type of plant wrong. I need to walk through the level again and fix them. That could take an hour or a day. I'll need to fix this and upload after. Bummer.

EDIT: Turns out fixing my flub with that plant has turned out to be a big headache. When fixing Pine Valley's plants way back when. I chose to put that certain type of plant slightly in the ground. Turns out it looks terrible. Not sure why I thought it was good back then. Fixing it is taking a long time. I finished fixing about half the level so far. It also seems I made the same bad choice in many of the other levels. I did Jungle Road and Industrial Jungle recently and they are ok. However, I did a lot of work on Town, Pine Valley, Lab, and Accent back in 2013. They all have the problem. It is going to be several more days to fix this issue.

Here is a screenshot of the problem on the top and how it should look on the bottom. Sorry for yet another big delay.
Attachments
PlantMistake.jpg
PlantMistake.jpg (311.91 KiB) Viewed 10521 times