Letter from J. Hammond

Found articles relating to Trespasser

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Webteam, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

xelono
Parasaurus
Parasaurus

Letter from J. Hammond

Post by xelono »

Hello there!

Can someone of you write this letter again? so that I can copy the text and translate, since in this form of manuscript it is a bit difficult for me to recognize certain words.

machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Re: Letter from J. Hammond

Post by machf »

Oh, this is from the old Lot World site, right? I was just visiting it a couple of days ago.
Maybe later I'll go through the letter and retype it. Kind of busy at this time...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

Post by tatu »

This is what I can make out of it, might be one or two mistakes:

"Dear Ian,

You were right - and I was wrong. There! Did you ever think you'd hear me say such a thing? Spectacularly wrong. Instead of observing those animals, I tried to control them. I squandered an opportunity and we still know next to nothing about their lives. Not their lives as man would have them, behind electric fences, but their behavior in the wild, the impossible dreams of any paleontologist.

Thank god for site B. I've organized an expedition..."

:)
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
xelono
Parasaurus
Parasaurus

Post by xelono »

tatu wrote:This is what I can make out of it, might be one or two mistakes:

"Dear Ian,

You were right - and I was wrong. There! Did you ever think you'd hear me say such a thing? Spectacularly wrong. Instead of observing those animals, I tried to control them. I squandered an opportunity and we still know next to nothing about their lives. Not their lives as man would have them, behind electric fences, but their behavior in the wild, the impossible dreams of any paleontologist.

Thank god for site B. I've organized an expedition..."

:)
@tatu thank you very much!

@machf that's right, it's actually from the old forgotten TLW website. (Eres de Perú? entonces hablas español)
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Ni me había fijado que decía "Chile" en tu perfil... :lol: ayer andaba con la cabeza en otras cosas porque estamos tratando de hallar la forma de convertir mapas de versiones antiguas del juego para que sean compatibles con la versión final.
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Just out of curiosity, what are you going to be using this for?
xelono
Parasaurus
Parasaurus

Post by xelono »

Draconisaurus wrote:Just out of curiosity, what are you going to be using this for?
I'm thinking about putting it in my GTA Trespasser mod, like an easter egg.
xelono
Parasaurus
Parasaurus

Post by xelono »

machf wrote:Ni me había fijado que decía "Chile" en tu perfil... :lol: ayer andaba con la cabeza en otras cosas porque estamos tratando de hallar la forma de convertir mapas de versiones antiguas del juego para que sean compatibles con la versión final.
:mrgreen: Buenísima! bueno espero que lo que estén haciendo quede de maravillas! Tresppaser es un juego que me encanta...
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Ah. Do keep us apprised of your progress! I appreciated seeing some JPDS material in there such as the Aviary entrance.