tpa player (version 4.0.9.18 (released 04/11/2021)

List your programs here (game-related or other software).

Moderators: scallenger, Rebel, madppiper, TresCom Support Team

tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

Re: tpa player (version 4.0.9.14 (5/08/20))

Post by tatu »

We could just ask TI for the full list of IDs? ;)
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

That should always be the first step...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Oooo a thunder one, neat.
tatu

Re: tpa player (version 4.0.9.15 (5/11/20))

Post by tatu »

I don't know a good place to put it so I will put it here. Mattila22 on the Discord noticed this.

"AMB-IJ-A02" in the retail TPA does not sound the same if you play it in TPA Reader (Or TPA Player) as it does in TresEd/game. This applies to all ambient TPAs from 96 to 116. Any clues?

Another note: I just noticed Build 55 Ambient TPA plays the missing sound for the first few entries. Pretty sure this is a bug?

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Uh. At brief thought, sometimes machf's sound listing indicates that multiple script-call-names may lead to the same internal sound file. Perhaps in this case there is a duplicate script-call-name, which in different entries points to different sounds. Which sound ends up being heard, might be a determination of forward or backward sorting priority (as with the reversed-instance-sequence height priority in TresEd, of TrnObjs with the same height value).
tatu

Post by tatu »

Draconisaurus wrote:Uh. At brief thought, sometimes machf's sound listing indicates that multiple script-call-names may lead to the same internal sound file. Perhaps in this case there is a duplicate script-call-name, which in different entries points to different sounds. Which sound ends up being heard, might be a determination of forward or backward sorting priority (as with the reversed-instance-sequence height priority in TresEd, of TrnObjs with the same height value).
This is not the case here. I've checked his lists and he mention if they are the same audio file. And even if same script-call-names lead to the same sound file, it shouldn't play different in our TPA tools. And I am not aware if there is any duplicate ID names in the TPAs we have, or if it even allows it as the hash would be the same.

machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

tatu wrote:I don't know a good place to put it so I will put it here. Mattila22 on the Discord noticed this.

"AMB-IJ-A02" in the retail TPA does not sound the same if you play it in TPA Reader (Or TPA Player) as it does in TresEd/game. This applies to all ambient TPAs from 96 to 116. Any clues?
No idea what it would play in TresEd, but it sounds fine for me on TPA player...
Another note: I just noticed Build 55 Ambient TPA plays the missing sound for the first few entries. Pretty sure this is a bug?
Must be some problem on your PC. For me, it works fine.
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

machf wrote:
tatu wrote:I don't know a good place to put it so I will put it here. Mattila22 on the Discord noticed this.

No idea what it would play in TresEd, but it sounds fine for me on TPA player...
As I understand, the sound Tatu indicates sounds fine in both cases. The issue is with some alternate sound being played.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Have you tried it yourself? Because I don't see anything wrong with TPA player...

Oh, I see... apparently, it plays faster.
tatu

Post by tatu »

machf wrote:Have you tried it yourself? Because I don't see anything wrong with TPA player...

Oh, I see... apparently, it plays faster.
Yes, this is what I mean. The fact that it plays faster (I have not checked other audios) from build 96 and above it must be a bug effecting this version of TPA files.

machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

No, it's just that this particular sound is in MS-ADPCM format... earlier versions didn't use that format.
And it's playing at twice the speed. My guess is that it's assuming it's stereo and treating it as if the info was split among two channels, instead of mono (which is what it actually is).
tatu

Post by tatu »

Oh, I see. Weird. Could it be something that was used between Build 55 and Build 96? As it is the only? audio that is behaving like this.

killer89
Parasaurus
Parasaurus

Post by killer89 »

tatu wrote:Oh, I see. Weird. Could it be something that was used between Build 55 and Build 96? As it is the only? audio that is behaving like this.
AMB-IJ-A02

AMB-IJ-A04

AMB-IJ-A06

AMB-IJ-A10

AMB-IJ-A11

AMB-IJ-A12

AMB-IJ-A13

These are the troublemakers i have stumbled on so far.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

I bet B01, B05, B08 and B10 are like that too... what they all have in common is that they use the MS-ADPCM format, and they are all mono (single channel) sounds. At least, in build 96.
As I said, Build 55 and earlier ones didn't have sounds in that format.
killer89
Parasaurus
Parasaurus

Post by killer89 »

machf wrote:I bet B01, B05, B08 and B10 are like that too... what they all have incommon is that they use the MS-ADPCM format, and they are all mono (single channel) sounds. At least, in build 96.
As I said, Build 55 and earlier ones didn't have sounds in that format.
True, however the older builds have usually echoless versions as the sounds were still being worked on, hence using them is not that ideal.