tpa player (version 4.0.9.18 (released 04/11/2021)

List your programs here (game-related or other software).

Moderators: scallenger, Rebel, madppiper, TresCom Support Team

Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Re: tpa player (version 4.0.9.18 (released 04/11/2021)

Post by Rebel »

I checked this out today TI, I can't find anything wrong. The code checked out and I compared tpas with and without the effects option. The example tpa with the option on was correct. I used this release for the coleo vocals and they imported correctly, so I'm at a loss
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Rebel wrote:I checked this out today TI, I can't find anything wrong. The code checked out and I compared tpas with and without the effects option. The example tpa with the option on was correct. I used this release for the coleo vocals and they imported correctly, so I'm at a loss
Huh. That's weird then. Could it be that I'm trying to import my effects into a TPA that was built with EffectsEditor? I can send you the TPA if it helps.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Post by Draconisaurus »

So remembering this, the other day I was playing retail Tres, and noticed that the raptors did, indeed, all sound as if they were right next to me. Retail. Perhaps some other factor is involved? Similar to how some computers can't use the EAX audio environments...
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Post by tatu »

Draconisaurus wrote:So remembering this, the other day I was playing retail Tres, and noticed that the raptors did, indeed, all sound as if they were right next to me. Retail. Perhaps some other factor is involved? Similar to how some computers can't use the EAX audio environments...
Wasn't the AI distance issue something that appeared with the CE patch? And possibly OpenAL? I remember it was reported to Lee as an issue appearing with it at least.
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

TheIdiot wrote:
Rebel wrote:I checked this out today TI, I can't find anything wrong. The code checked out and I compared tpas with and without the effects option. The example tpa with the option on was correct. I used this release for the coleo vocals and they imported correctly, so I'm at a loss
Huh. That's weird then. Could it be that I'm trying to import my effects into a TPA that was built with EffectsEditbor? I can send you the TPA if it helps.
before doing that do this; put all wavs in a folder, use operation wavs to caus. Next, check box use filenames, choose option 'turn on is effects' then choose option 'caus to tpa' . Pick a name for the tpa, that's it. I checked the tpa afterwards, it worked fine.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

tatu wrote:
Draconisaurus wrote:So remembering this, the other day I was playing retail Tres, and noticed that the raptors did, indeed, all sound as if they were right next to me. Retail. Perhaps some other factor is involved? Similar to how some computers can't use the EAX audio environments...
Wasn't the AI distance issue something that appeared with the CE patch? And possibly OpenAL? I remember it was reported to Lee as an issue appearing with it at least.
Could be. Would be nice if we could have feedback from more members. If I were in a better place of mind I could test a TPA file in ATX and CE alternately to see about it.
tatu

Post by tatu »

Draconisaurus wrote:
tatu wrote:
Could be. Would be nice if we could have feedback from more members. If I were in a better place of mind I could test a TPA file in ATX and CE alternately to see about it.
I will make sure to test it when I get to rebuilding the TPA(s) for the Isla Sorna project. :)
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Rebel wrote:
TheIdiot wrote:
Huh. That's weird then. Could it be that I'm trying to import my effects into a TPA that was built with EffectsEditbor? I can send you the TPA if it helps.
before doing that do this; put all wavs in a folder, use operation wavs to caus. Next, check box use filenames, choose option 'turn on is effects' then choose option 'caus to tpa' . Pick a name for the tpa, that's it. I checked the tpa afterwards, it worked fine.
Okay, I'll try doing it with .caus later, haven't tried that yet. Otherwise I have followed your instructions exactly with no luck.

Yes, I do recall having problems with CE and audio levels, but I believe it was mostly fixed. This particular import is the first time I've had problems with audio levels in a long time. Dinosaur noises still do carry a very long distance, however - I could clearly hear an active dino over the ambient noise from 100 meters + while testing the other day, though it was much quieter than if it had been right next to me.