tpa player (version 4.0.9.18 (released 04/11/2021)

List your programs here (game-related or other software).

Moderators: scallenger, Rebel, madppiper, TresCom Support Team

Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

tpa player (version 4.0.9.18 (released 04/11/2021)

Post by Rebel »

The latest version is below in the zip attachment. I'm sure anyone who has downloaded the player before is
aware of what it does, so I won't bore anyone with additional details. However, this version does include the
changes that machf suggested for the program.

*This is a portable version, meaning no installation required -
**SndIds.dat file is not backwards compatible with previous versions of the tpa player as its format has
been changed. It has also been updated with as many in_game samples that are known (including both fan
and retail (includes TheIdiot's latest RTJP release)).

@Edit: See last page for latest version 4.0.9.18
Attachments
tpa_player_409.15.zip
player_4.0.9.15_portable (no installation required)
(566.17 KiB) Downloaded 372 times
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Re: tpa player (1.5)

Post by Draconisaurus »

And next we need a display app which cross refereces BMP palettes across all builds of Trespasser with inter-terminal networking capacity.
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Re: tpa player (1.5)

Post by Rebel »

Draconisaurus wrote:And next we need a display app which cross refereces BMP palettes across all builds of Trespasser with inter-terminal networking capacity.
Ah, Yeah. As soon as I can get someone to explain that one to me, I'll get right on it. :lol:
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Re: tpa player (1.8 (01/16/19)

Post by Rebel »

@Edit: see 1st post for download
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Re: tpa player (1.9 (01/27/19)

Post by Rebel »

@Edit: See 1st post for download -
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Re: tpa player (version 4.0.9.0 (4/07/19))

Post by Rebel »

Version within post removed (obsolete)

Added cau_to_tpa function: Takes a directory of cau files (minimum 3), converting them into a retail ready tpa file.
Note, if adding only one or two cau files, then use 'add_cau' under menu/options.

Now exports saved wave or cau files with their assigned ingame names (if known). If unknown, they'll be labeled
by the tpa's names plus the sample's entry no#.

Improved speed of beta_to_retail conversion (generally around 6 seconds for the 200+mb stream.tpa). Due note,
this function does not update the early beta effects foley_table. In my opinion, they're useless except used as add
ons, but if you intend to use them as replacements for retail's effects.tpa file, then use machf's TpaUpdater.

Improved speed of *eel to tpa function (halved elapsed time (eg. time taken to output a tpa file)).
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Re: tpa player (version 4.0.9.5 (5/14/19))

Post by Rebel »

Version removed (obsolete)

The zip below contains tpa player (version 4.0.9.5). It adds the ability to add caption data during
the creation of a cau file (wav_to_cau). One should check out the help files (Menu/Help) and re-
view the topic 'Captions" beforehand to understand how to effectively add caption data. Hell, read
it all, it actually takes considerable time to write help files! :yes:

*I do not see any further updates to this program. I think the program just about covers it all in
its current build.
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Re: tpa player (version 4.0.9.5 (5/14/19))

Post by Rebel »

Version removed (obsolete)

Never say never, right? A minor bug release. Saved cau files would only export with a partial
ingame sound id (if known) if a space was between the sound sample's name. Fixed -
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Re: tpa player (version 4.0.9.2 (5/23/20))

Post by Rebel »

tpa player 4.0.9.8: https://www.mediafire.com/file/x6xufa9e ... p.exe/file

Technically, this isn't a bug fix but more so a workaround for a particular file name (music - mayan face/jeep). Problem is, the forward slash is an illegal character for a file name so windows wouldn't allow the file to be created upon save due to the sample's name.

In lieu, it'll export and save as stream_415 (or whatever the hell the sample number is). In short, it's not a big deal, unless of course, you actually wanted to export that sample. Otherwise, there's really no need to update from the last version (4.0.9.7).

That it all . . .
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Re: tpa player (version 4.0.9.2 (2/23/20))

Post by tatu »

Oh nice!
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Rebel wrote:tpa player 4.0.9.8: https://www.mediafire.com/file/x6xufa9e ... p.exe/file

Technically, this isn't a bug fix but more so a workaround for a particular file name (music - mayan face/jeep). Problem is, the forward slash is an illegal character for a file name so windows wouldn't allow the file to be created upon save due to the sample's name.

In lieu, it'll export and save as stream_415 (or whatever the hell the sample number is). In short, it's not a big deal, unless of course, you actually wanted to export that sample. Otherwise, there's really no need to update from the last version (4.0.9.7).

That it all . . .
Trespasser uses the backslash character ( \ ) and internally converts it into a forward slash before performing the CRC hash calculation. Maybe you could just use that workaround, converting any forward slashes in the name into backslashes before saving...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

machf wrote: Trespasser uses the backslash character ( \ ) and internally converts it into a forward slash before performing the CRC hash calculation. Maybe you could just use that workaround, converting any forward slashes in the name into backslashes before saving...
Huh, I wasn't aware that the backslash was allowed either. Anyways, not all that important so long as that particular sample can be saved, and as far as I know it's the only one -
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Re: tpa player (version 4.0.9.8 (2/23/20))

Post by machf »

It is. But when I run the CRC reversing program, of course it comes out as a regular slash, since it's undergone the swap before the hash calculation in the first place. I guess I should have added code to convert any slashes into backslashes, assuming that slashes are forbidden as part of the sound names, but I didn't think it was necessary since I was just generating text listings, not file names...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Rebel, would it be possible to get this in a portable version? Avast repeatedly blocks unrecognized ("very rare", in its terms) installer programs for me, even when I tell it to turn off for a few minutes.
tatu

Post by tatu »

TheIdiot wrote:Rebel, would it be possible to get this in a portable version? Avast repeatedly blocks unrecognized ("very rare", in its terms) installer programs for me, even when I tell it to turn off for a few minutes.
I second this. Is there a reason that it is not portable to being with? I think most people prefer it that way now days. I also dislike that it installs in the program folder anyway, as on Windows 10 it can get messy when you install that stuff there unless you turn off UAC, and even then some programs work wonky.
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."