Trespasser VR Unity Prototype

Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Re: Trespasser VR Unity Prototype

Post by machf »

Draconisaurus wrote: I had no idea we had a photo of the dev's clay terrain modeling! :o
Well, I did find it a long, long time ago when looking for archived copies of old Trespasser previews...

viewtopic.php?f=39&t=2794&hilit=clay
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Post by Draconisaurus »

:cry: Well, life marches on I guess. Congrats; for myself, kids = no... My legacy shall be the legions of created dinosaur islands.

Also - yet more images the TresCom.org archive needs to be updated with.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Unfortunately that's only a thumbnail...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

*notices forum link from previous post* 2005, I had been a member for less than 2 months at that time, might explain why I don't remember...
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

*bump*

Have upgraded this thread to Sticky, as a TresCom forum go-to thread for VR-ing Trespasser. Seems to me this mode of playing may become more common for forum members as time passes.
DrShaw
Triceratops
Triceratops

Post by DrShaw »

Draconisaurus wrote:*bump*

Have upgraded this thread to Sticky, as a TresCom forum go-to thread for VR-ing Trespasser. Seems to me this mode of playing may become more common for forum members as time passes.
Can confirm because I just got a oculus rift a few days ago and got to try this demo out. I really like the fact I can throw the bus across the room. The raptors are a bit wonky at times but holding down the fire trigger like Rambo to clear out the room really works well with duel gun holding.
~Dr.Shaw

We are tressers by heart like Anne. John made his dream come true as well as mine.
We trespass on his dream and to see the forgotten world that once was alive 65 million years ago now touchable. Who...dares to come trespass....?
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Heh sweet. No recording software?
DrShaw
Triceratops
Triceratops

Post by DrShaw »

Draconisaurus wrote:Heh sweet. No recording software?
Nah. I don't think people would like the pure silence during the game play due to not being the commentary type of gamer.
~Dr.Shaw

We are tressers by heart like Anne. John made his dream come true as well as mine.
We trespass on his dream and to see the forgotten world that once was alive 65 million years ago now touchable. Who...dares to come trespass....?
Ladis
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by Ladis »

Thanks a lot for the VR version!! Tried today and the demo level was as much fun as half of the better today VR games! Used on a cheap Acer Windows Mixed Reality headset (great about those you don't need much space). PS: Falling from the platform is a crazy feeling in VR (I mean to fall down by walking over the edge).
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Glad ya had fun.. Still hope to try this out eventually.
darren_r_w
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by darren_r_w »

Something very big will happen with VR and the only way that big will happen is through Sony and Valve.

Valve is likely to cause the biggest step forward but it's really a bit too much about guns.
But guns is what sells games and what will sell VR.
Isolt
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus

Post by Isolt »

I finally got a change to play this!
It was great, really immersive in VR! Would love to play the entire game this way one day
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Whoa. Haven't seen this thread in a bit. Glad people still play this on occasion.
KibaOokami
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by KibaOokami »

Draconisaurus wrote:Whoa. Haven't seen this thread in a bit. Glad people still play this on occasion.
I mean I have VR coming tomorrow and I had been thinking in the last few days about "wow wouldn't Trespasser be great in VR? I mean you user her arms/wrists/hands..so this could totally world as a game for VR right..?" and searched and came upon this thread. All things lead back to TresCom
(Yes I know. first post, new member, but I've been coming here I feel like I've checked in many times over the last 10 years to read the forums off and on)
stationdude
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by stationdude »

Still love this mod, and I would happily donate to anyone who could get any more of this game working in VR!