Jurassic Park: Operation Trespasser

Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Re: Jurassic Park: Operation Trespasser

Post by TheIdiot »

For the selecting each object to import thing... uh way too much work.
Well nobody said making, converting and importing models into a game which was never intended to be moddable would be easy! Try making something from scratch and THEN you'll understand the pain of Trespasser modelling... :sick:

At any rate, Shep, I started going all the way through the JPOG models and converting them to Tres format, fixing them up and splitting them into separate meshes along the way. I did the Balloon Tour you were having problems with (can understand why now - it took me an hour and a half to fix just the main building), as well as some trees, misc objects, the two dino feeders, and the fountain (which has real Tres water now). Stopped on the Hatchery because I suspect it to take the longest of anything, but I will start on it tomorrow. :)
Shep
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by Shep »

Oh you got the balloon station to work? What was the problem? Also I was thinking of adding trespasser water into the fountain but if you saw it in game you would notice it is way to high for anne to see, but I guess you could be able to scale it down if you wanted to see. When I import one of the broken models into the game it destroys half of my models for the shelter and I don't know how to fix that. when I have replace existing whatevers checked it usually crashes geomadd and destroys my level. just a note.
Oh, a Raptor got 'em!

machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

TheIdiot wrote:
For the selecting each object to import thing... uh way too much work.
Well nobody said making, converting and importing models into a game which was never intended to be moddable would be easy! Try making something from scratch and THEN you'll understand the pain of Trespasser modelling... :sick:

At any rate, Shep, I started going all the way through the JPOG models and converting them to Tres format, fixing them up and splitting them into separate meshes along the way. I did the Balloon Tour you were having problems with (can understand why now - it took me an hour and a half to fix just the main building), as well as some trees, misc objects, the two dino feeders, and the fountain (which has real Tres water now). Stopped on the Hatchery because I suspect it to take the longest of anything, but I will start on it tomorrow. :)
You guys are converting JPOG meshes for Tres? Le me see which ones I've already done...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Post by Draconisaurus »

Shep wrote:When I import one of the broken models into the game it destroys half of my models for the shelter and I don't know how to fix that. when I have replace existing whatevers checked it usually crashes geomadd and destroys my level. just a note.
Sounds like there may be models with the same names. Go into the TPM file (and VALUES file if one is used for the offending objects) and rename the new ones... If the various objects to be imported have similar names to each other you can do a Find-And-Replace and add a standard piece of additional text to make them unique from the ingame ones.
Shep
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by Shep »

Spoiler: show
instance "BallRide12_mesh"
{
mesh = "BallRide12_mesh"
position = (0.0,0.0,0.0)
rotation = (0.0,0.0,0.0)
scale = 1
}

material "Set_14"
{
colormap = "C:\Users\Matthew Shepherd\Desktop\IMPORTANT TRESPASSER\Og\Set_14.bmp"
}

mesh "Door1_mesh"
Pretty sure there are more models with set_14. So that would be a problem?
Oh, a Raptor got 'em!

Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Nah the material name doesn't matter. Mmmm now if there are multiple textures named Set_14.bmp, that would be an issue.
Shep
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by Shep »

Then that is the issue, I also click no on the "do you want to replace these textures" in geomadd but the older models still get their parts taken away.
Oh, a Raptor got 'em!

Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

A duplicate texture issue will not replace models. Models being lost after new imports would most likely be from new objects having the same name as existing ones.
Shep
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by Shep »

hmm, but they don't...
Oh, a Raptor got 'em!

Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Mmmm strange... Could you upload the level and a TPM you're attempting to import? (or send via PM)
Shep
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by Shep »

Maybe they do have the same names but I don't think so. I have been working on getting this thing called openrct2 to work on my compute stick. Anyways, here you go: https://www.mediafire.com/?b3mbrg9ytc6y4l2

you have to extract them and in the models folder you have to search tpm to get them.
Oh, a Raptor got 'em!

Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Mmmmm so I'm not going to just do all these for you... Which TPM would you like me to address?

Mmm also - I don't suppose you have the InGen helicopter model/textures around? Would be a very useful model to have around. 8)
Shep
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by Shep »

All the textures in the game are in that folder, I don't expect you to do everything :p just sending those so you know what i'm working with. So far I am taking a break.
Oh, a Raptor got 'em!

TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

I have been working on getting this thing called openrct2 to work on my compute stick. Anyways, here you go:
Heh heh, just discovered OpenRCT2 a week ago. Been building a massive park ever since. :P
Mmm also - I don't suppose you have the InGen helicopter model/textures around? Would be a very useful model to have around. 8)
The thing about OG's InGen chopper is that it has little detail and no interior, plus the textures are super low-res (as is noticeable on the JPDS chopper). I think we'd be better off with a fresh model of said chopper.

And Shep, I still have no idea what's going wrong in your exports. I've been able to export all of the JPOG models so far without issue and have them work fine with little to no modification. Even the ones I thoroughly edited work perfectly, so there's gotta be something going wrong in the export process.
Shep
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by Shep »

I'll check the exports in a bit to see how well they go back into 3ds max. I doubt it will be any better since the first good export turned up poo poo in a re import to 3ds max by their cords being all over the place. But that could be a simple one time error.

Also, did you check out the multiplayer in openrct2? I host a server a server called busch gardens and sometimes Shepico.
Oh, a Raptor got 'em!