Re: Trespasser being re-created on ROBLOX

Post by Draconisaurus »

Lookince nice... Indeed spooky.
Deadeyeguy_45
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by Deadeyeguy_45 »

Would anyone here be able to help me make the trespasser textures in to one? ROBLOX can only take models with one texture.
In 2012, I was abused by a Weird Al lookalike. :nerd: :cry:
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Post by Draconisaurus »

I could spare some time to do a limited number... :)
Deadeyeguy_45
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by Deadeyeguy_45 »

Draconisaurus wrote:I could spare some time to do a limited number... :)
But could you explain it? pictures of how to do it would be 110% better :P Give a man a dino, the dino kills him. Teach a man how to make a dino, he can fend him off. er.. tried to make that work guess it really didn't though :mrgreen:

here's the version of Blender I have
aaaaaaaaaaa.png
aaaaaaaaaaa.png (126.27 KiB) Viewed 11602 times
(edit) aw sweet I'm a stego! I wish I would stay like this :oops:
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Mmmm soooo when combining textures for an object into a single one, there are 2 main objectives: the easy one is pasting the various textures into a single BMP file (not sure about the specs for Roblox textures - dimensions? format?). The other is retexturing the object with the new, single image. In Max, the process would be to select parts of the mesh one at a time and apply a UVW modifier to each one (and potentially Unwrap UVW for fine-tuning). This can get tricky when for example there was a texture which simply wrapped around an object before, where mapping was as simple as a cylindrical wrap... When the part to be mapped cylindrical is not the entire texture, you need to get more manual with it (for example, map an area of the texture roughly where the desired part is to the mesh which will get it, then move mapping coordinate vertices around in Unwrap UVW until it fits correctly). Ultimately the same UVW modifiers are still what you use. IIII don't know how this works in Blender.
Deadeyeguy_45
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by Deadeyeguy_45 »

Draconisaurus wrote:Mmmm soooo when combining textures for an object into a single one, there are 2 main objectives: the easy one is pasting the various textures into a single BMP file (not sure about the specs for Roblox textures - dimensions? format?). The other is retexturing the object with the new, single image. In Max, the process would be to select parts of the mesh one at a time and apply a UVW modifier to each one (and potentially Unwrap UVW for fine-tuning). This can get tricky when for example there was a texture which simply wrapped around an object before, where mapping was as simple as a cylindrical wrap... When the part to be mapped cylindrical is not the entire texture, you need to get more manual with it (for example, map an area of the texture roughly where the desired part is to the mesh which will get it, then move mapping coordinate vertices around in Unwrap UVW until it fits correctly). Ultimately the same UVW modifiers are still what you use. IIII don't know how this works in Blender.

:o Oh jeez that's a lot.

I really only need Anne's body and arm to be textured for now I suppose.

Would you be willing to texture her arm and torso and maybe segment and round the arm and hand?? Only if you would be willing to though, I just wanna try and get her mesh on to the arms in ROBLOX as quick as possible so we can add more features to them.
aaaaaaaaaaa.png
aaaaaaaaaaa.png (52.27 KiB) Viewed 11590 times
her hand would be segmented at the index finger, thumb, and the other three would be connected but segmented from the palm. Like this
Deadeyeguy_45
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by Deadeyeguy_45 »

I tried to get the map as close to the retail as possible for level three. Have a look.
RobloxScreenShot07272016_114618553.png
RobloxScreenShot07272016_114618553.png (520.72 KiB) Viewed 11581 times
RobloxScreenShot07272016_114631457.png
RobloxScreenShot07272016_114631457.png (513.18 KiB) Viewed 11581 times
RobloxScreenShot07272016_114641128.png
RobloxScreenShot07272016_114641128.png (482.65 KiB) Viewed 11581 times
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Deadeyeguy_45 wrote:Would you be willing to texture her arm and torso and maybe segment and round the arm and hand?? Only if you would be willing to though, I just wanna try and get her mesh on to the arms in ROBLOX as quick as possible so we can add more features to them.
aaaaaaaaaaa.png
her hand would be segmented at the index finger, thumb, and the other three would be connected but segmented from the palm. Like this
I take it by segmented you mean, separate textures for each area between the marked locations? And what is indicated by the overlap regions?
Deadeyeguy_45
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by Deadeyeguy_45 »

Draconisaurus wrote:
Deadeyeguy_45 wrote:Would you be willing to texture her arm and torso and maybe segment and round the arm and hand?? Only if you would be willing to though, I just wanna try and get her mesh on to the arms in ROBLOX as quick as possible so we can add more features to them.
aaaaaaaaaaa.png
I take it by segmented you mean, separate textures for each area between the marked locations? And what is indicated by the overlap regions?
No like separating and rounding off the arm pieces. ROBLOX doesn't allow mesh deformation. Not sure if that would be too much for you though.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Still unclear... The "arm pieces" you refer to, connect where the overlapping red lines are drawn? And each arm piece gets its own texture?
Deadeyeguy_45
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by Deadeyeguy_45 »

Draconisaurus wrote:Still unclear... The "arm pieces" you refer to, connect where the overlapping red lines are drawn? And each arm piece gets its own texture?
Okay so the red lines are where the joints would be like an action figure. and yes, each piece of Anne's arm would have their own texture.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

K that's what I thought. I'll see what I can come up with.
Bryankd2015
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Bryankd2015 »

I installed roblox.. but how do you get to do these levels.. it asks all kinds of games I guess you can start.. how do I set it up to see this type of stuff in game?
Deadeyeguy_45
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by Deadeyeguy_45 »

Bryankd2015 wrote:I installed roblox.. but how do you get to do these levels.. it asks all kinds of games I guess you can start.. how do I set it up to see this type of stuff in game?
The game isn't open to the general people of ROBLOX, but I have my settings so friends can join. Again, this game is very unpolished and nowhere near done. The arms are not in actual game yet as we are still making them.

link to the game (I kept the name as Trespassing seeing as it was the only recognizable name related to Trespasser)

https://www.roblox.com/games/276076429/ ... Opens-2018

You're going to need to send me a friend request in order to play the game

https://www.roblox.com/users/61408290/profile
-----------------------------------

I'd love to hear the feedback from the people of Trescom while making this game actually. Never thought of having people from TC to play it before its release.
Also if you guys also have any puzzle ideas I'd be more than grateful to read them! I had a couple down already but not many.

(((((EDIT))))) The intro cutscene was made when I just started this game. It is not good at all.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Might try playing that sometime...

Btw, Deadeye, I noticed that you're a member at JPtoys.com forums..! (Decided to return after some years absence.)