Does anyone have the original programs?

List your programs here (game-related or other software).

Moderators: scallenger, Rebel, madppiper, TresCom Support Team

Bryankd2015
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Re: Does anyone have the original programs?

Post by Bryankd2015 »

you know.. am tired of all this nonsense.. can we all just move on?

Here are the dead files.. if you really want to chance having problems like I did.. be my guest.

https://app.box.com/s/sjqykieove89qp46c1pkv1mq8hgca9fk
s13n1
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-
Antispam: No

Post by s13n1 »

If you got duped, then that sucks, but if you tried to dupe Trescom, you chose the wrong community.

Some of these guys have been involved in the Trespasser community since the game was released, some i think even before it was released.

Shame though, would have been great to have a new discovery.

By the way, my uncle works for InGen and i can get free dinosaurs. Who else wants one?
Bryankd2015
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Bryankd2015 »

Well, I dont feel too good about so called friends that say they trust you, and feel the need to lie to you about something so stupid. If he had told me where he got the discs in the first place none of us would be having this discussion. I am not sure who to trust anymore, but moving on, I am having trouble with the whole import models thing, I have not been able to get any models put in to a level. Since there is very little information on the editors here, I need some help as to how to get models in and out of Trespasser.

See the other forum entry I have that has the plains lvl in it for more information.
Hilwo
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Post by Hilwo »

That's GeomAdd, I think. You'll find it on the website under Downloads > Tools.

Edit:
GeomAdd to add, GeomExt to extract.
Bryankd2015
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Bryankd2015 »

Geomext I think thats the one I need. I figured out how to add the files, but not take one from another.. alright, I am gonna look for the geomext then.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

GeomExt is way too old, and its code was later incorporated (and improved) into TresEd, so you just export the models from in there as .tpm files...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Bryankd2015
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Bryankd2015 »

I wonder about my tresed, cause I dont see half of what I read in the forums it is supposed to have. How do you know what version you have and how do yyou get the newest version?
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

The last version published can be found here:

http://www.trescom.org/tools/
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Bryankd2015
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Bryankd2015 »

ok..seems like it is the same version I have, but I dont see any import/export in it
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

File->Export selection as .TPM for exporting.

For importing, you use GeomAdd.
Bryankd2015
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Bryankd2015 »

ohh ok. the export to .tpm wasnt working, but I did figure out why.. so I think everything that way is good. I do have an interesting question.. the height-map to the island is around I know, but is there a way to use the height map again to create the different sections of the island without using the release levels, that can be used to make levels on?

I dont fully understand how to get sections of 1 map to make other maps. Not sure who does know, but I would like to be able to use the same areas as the retail levels from scratch.
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Post by tatu »

Bryankd2015 wrote:ohh ok. the export to .tpm wasnt working, but I did figure out why.. so I think everything that way is good. I do have an interesting question.. the height-map to the island is around I know, but is there a way to use the height map again to create the different sections of the island without using the release levels, that can be used to make levels on?

I dont fully understand how to get sections of 1 map to make other maps. Not sure who does know, but I would like to be able to use the same areas as the retail levels from scratch.
If you mean only using the terrain. Just use the retail .WTD file for the level. Rename it if you want to the same as your, and you will only use the terrain, without any objects etc :)
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Bryankd2015
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Bryankd2015 »

I tried that, and it says unrecognized.. using closest terrain.. then comes up blank.
Bryankd2015
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Bryankd2015 »

Basically, I want to see the levels with nothing at all, but the terrain. If anyone has the levels of the beta or realease versions, please let me know I am very interested.. I have some ideas.
s13n1
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by s13n1 »

The heightmaps you posted earlier, where did they come from?