Does anyone have the original programs?

List your programs here (game-related or other software).

Moderators: scallenger, Rebel, madppiper, TresCom Support Team

scallenger
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Re: Does anyone have the original programs?

Post by scallenger »

I guess there is only one way to find out...
s13n1
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-
Antispam: No

Post by s13n1 »

Not to gang up on you, but i have to agree that this has smelled a bit fishy from the beginning.

If its the real deal, then upload what you've got and let the guys here check it out, if theres anything worthwhile, they'll find it in seconds.

You'll be loved by everyone of you have something new to share.
Bryankd2015
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Bryankd2015 »

well, like I said, the files were corrupt when I got them, so they may very well be bad files.. dont say I didn't warn you.

https://app.box.com/s/5sxunlifnvt4ta2iaculhbj4513urtx9
tatu

Post by tatu »

I meant those from the screenshot. Not your own edited levels.

As for these. They are ONLY a modification of the retail town level.
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Bryankd2015
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Bryankd2015 »

What screen shots? like I said, I was doubting the ones I got off the cd when I was having so much trouble with them. 2 files off the cd are no longer on my computer as they have some type of bug in them. system ran slower and several programs werent working properly, till I took them out.
Bryankd2015
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Bryankd2015 »

What I wanna do now is to move on. I am working on the levels myself, and am creating the lost or missing levels from scratch. I can see where I ask for levels others have and cant get anyone to send me any or put up a link that is any good. SO I have to wonder why everyone is hiding everything like it is gold. Then demand to see someone elses files without sharing their own. Strange thing, limits, as my box account says I have 10 gig limit on how much I can put there, it doesnt say anything about how many people can download.

What it looks like to me at this point is several people have already decided they do not want others to make levels, they just want to brag that they can. Please tell me this is not what the case is. If you really want to have more creativity, then lets all move on and get off the topic of what files have what on them, and start sharing resources with each other.
Hilwo
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Post by Hilwo »

I don't remember a specific post in which you asked for something, what is it exactly that you think we
are hiding? As for levels others have, a lot of them are in the downloads section. Others you'll have to
find on the forums themselves, the website is not always up to date with these things.

I'm all for people making levels, but to be flat-out honest; personally I am not interested in fan levels.
I played my share of them and a lot of them were great, I have fond memories of them. But then, I can't
remember when I much played the original game, either.

I don't see it as bragging, I see if as experience. Fifteen years of it. I'm sure a lot of people would
love to help you, but the way you are handling things, you are making that impossible for us. And thus,
harder for yourself.

I'd also like to point out (and I don't mean to discourage you) that there might be a reason that no
one has ever fully recreated the game. Not even when a beta and a version of the source code emerged.
Many have tried, some have released them, but never the full thing. I wish you the best of luck, but
these projects have virtually always been abandoned. I've seen that for 15 years, so personally I'm not
really interested in these projects anymore. But that doesn't mean nobody else is?
Bryankd2015
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Bryankd2015 »

When I first got the discs, ya I was excited about it, but the more I learned from reading some of the forums here, and the more I tried the levels I had, I had to wonder about them, once I took the files back off the computer, I was able to use ps, and the levels began to save correctly. I posted on multiple places where I was having trouble with the tres ed, and everytime I saved files, they no longer worked in game, do I see an answer to that? NO there are multple links in these forums that no longer work, and the ones that may work, dont allow you to download anything.

When I send a pm and ask for files, I am told that as a group, I guess we have a download limit, however I can download other stuff from other links without a problem, yet I am told that one site is not working because everyone has downloaded from it till the limit has been reached.

It is a lot of work to go through existing levels and change them, I give you that, but in places here, "we are going to give the whole game a update" and what is the first thing they work on, the levels everyone has already played. I will continue the work I am doing, wether anyone wants to see the files on those has yet to be determined. When I finish each level, I will post it for download.

for the last time, I am asking we all move on.
Hilwo
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Post by Hilwo »

I can't help you with TresEd myself, I know very little about editing. You could always post specific
questions here or in your project topic. Maybe you already have, not sure about that since I'm no
good with editing.

Downloads are known to be a problem, but if you ask for something specific I'm sure a member will help
you find it. Though files are not always easy to find (if at all), I know that virtually everything is
backed up by one or more members here.

Yes, I now know what group you are talking about. If it's any consolation - I tried to download some-
thing from it last week and couldn't, either. The limit applies to everyone, admins as well.
tatu

Post by tatu »

As for the files he is talking about, it's those I shared. It's MY box account, it doesn't have anything to do with the community or any other member. I have a free box account, and other people are only able to download 10gb of data each month. That means, those 10gb is for everyone, and not for each single person. People have already used those 10gb of data on my account, and it will get reset at the first of each month. I don't have time at the moment to download the files you want and upload them elsewhere.

As for which levels. I meant we would want you to upload those in your first print screen, the levels with pl, sh, sb, ph and Plains. Just as you received them.
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Bryankd2015
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Bryankd2015 »

Bryankd2015 wrote:What screen shots? like I said, I was doubting the ones I got off the cd when I was having so much trouble with them. 2 files off the cd are no longer on my computer as they have some type of bug in them. system ran slower and several programs weren't working properly, till I took them out.

as I said. I removed them because they were causing too many issues with my computer as a whole. I am getting a hold of the person that sent me the discs and I am gonna inquire what exactly he did to get them, and find out what the truth on them is. I am very disappointed with it. So, the files in question are no longer available. I am not going to put them on my computer again. I am unsure about breaking the cd at this point.
Bryankd2015
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Bryankd2015 »

tatu wrote:As for the files he is talking about, it's those I shared. It's MY box account, it doesn't have anything to do with the community or any other member. I have a free box account, and other people are only able to download 10gb of data each month. That means, those 10gb is for everyone, and not for each single person. People have already used those 10gb of data on my account, and it will get reset at the first of each month. I don't have time at the moment to download the files you want and upload them elsewhere.

As for which levels. I meant we would want you to upload those in your first print screen, the levels with pl, sh, sb, ph and Plains. Just as you received them.
I just looked at the information on my box account, which is also the free account, and I think you are talking about the bandwidth. you are only allowed 10 gigs of bandwidth, and it appearently has all been used.

To make this clear, it resets each month, and everyone can download the files at that time, until it reaches the limits again. The question I have here is why doesnt someone else hold some of the files in a box account and divide up the bandwidth that way. When I download a group of files others can use I will put them there for others to get.
Bryankd2015
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Bryankd2015 »

After speaking to the source I got the cd's from I found I was lied to, he told me that he got them in a bundle at a swap meet, or some refer to as a flea market. Anyway, he saw them written as Trespasser source code and files, and wasnt sure I would even look at them, unless he told me they came off the server. SO, I think someone made them on a machine that had bugs in it, I am hereby dismissing the other disc and using just the source code which appears to be fine.
Hilwo
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Post by Hilwo »

Cool story.
Mickey
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Post by Mickey »

Bryankd2015 wrote:After speaking to the source I got the cd's from I found I was lied to, he told me that he got them in a bundle at a swap meet, or some refer to as a flea market. Anyway, he saw them written as Trespasser source code and files, and wasnt sure I would even look at them, unless he told me they came off the server. SO, I think someone made them on a machine that had bugs in it, I am hereby dismissing the other disc and using just the source code which appears to be fine.