Does anyone have the original programs?

List your programs here (game-related or other software).

Moderators: scallenger, Rebel, madppiper, TresCom Support Team

Bryankd2015
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Re: Does anyone have the original programs?

Post by Bryankd2015 »

how has anyone edited the relaes maps without having the same problem. As I noticed the beach has been redone a few times and I understand the town has. Can anyone tell me what I need to do to edit the retail levels?

Yes, when I can get anything worth a screen shot I will post them. I will try that tri to wtd file and see if that helps on those levels.
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

Post by tatu »

Bryankd2015 wrote:how has anyone edited the relaes maps without having the same problem. As I noticed the beach has been redone a few times and I understand the town has. Can anyone tell me what I need to do to edit the retail levels?
They have been edited with TresEd. With a lot of knowledge and experience you avoid errors. I would suggest you start out small, make a few minor levels etc to learn how everything works before going into a huge scale project.
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Bryankd2015
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Bryankd2015 »

I am currently using multiple editor and resources to give the game the feeling it should have had in the first place.. any models or original levels anyone has will help. I do not really want user created levels or models.
Hilwo
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Post by Hilwo »

Bryankd2015 wrote:I do not really want user created levels or models.
But isn't that what you are currently trying to make?
Bryankd2015
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Bryankd2015 »

I am currently trying to remake the original lost levels, to bring them back into the game. if you create things outside of what the original programmers did, it is the user created ones, otherwise if it could have been in game as it shipped, it qualifies.
Hilwo
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Post by Hilwo »

Bryankd2015 wrote:I am currently trying to remake the original lost levels, to bring them back into the game. if you create things outside of what the original programmers did, it is the user created ones, otherwise if it could have been in game as it shipped, it qualifies.
Levels that are not created by the original developers -no matter how good or edited from existing ones- will always be user created levels in my book.
Bryankd2015
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Bryankd2015 »

alright, I will give you that one. I was just saying that if it is as close to the description provided by developers and not a level that was dreamed up by a user, I do consider it to be more authentic. Staying with the 1997 Walk through of Trespasser, and the levels that had been considered, I am trying to keep the original aspects of the game with neither adding or subtracting from the experience.

I learned a long time ago, you can please some of the people most of the time, but you will never please all of the people all the time.
tatu

Post by tatu »

You should note that the walkthrough is not a walktrough, but rather a design document. No level had been created by the time the walkthrough was written. So it's more of an idea document.

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Bryankd2015
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Bryankd2015 »

yes, I am aware of that, also aware not everything could be done as to the limits of the engine and all. However, if somethings can be brought to life it may give more a feel for the game play itself.
PsychologicalDevice
Triceratops
Triceratops

Post by PsychologicalDevice »

Would it be possible just to upload the contents of the CD you have as has been the case usually with these things, or is there ~---legal problems---~ involved with uploading it on a file share site so people who know what to look for can help.
Bryankd2015
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Bryankd2015 »

The "problem" is that most of the content of the cd was corrupted and no longer work at all. I did however get an email from a person from here that sent a list of the known models, and everything that was in the levels that was corrupted are already being used or at least known to exist. Nobody can gain anything from these files, let me assure you, there is no terrain, the palettes are messed up, and the remaining contents are already out there, so it was almost a waste of time and resources. the only thing I got out of it that was some use was the source code, and it has been matched as being the same one that has been circulating around the internet.

If you can use the source code I can send a link to get it, but everything else is gone, pretty much, I archived the bad files and working with what I have. My new levels will be out on links shortly, and I am posting pics as often as I think I need to so others can see some of the highlights of whats to be on them.
PsychologicalDevice
Triceratops
Triceratops

Post by PsychologicalDevice »

Bryankd2015 wrote:The "problem" is that most of the content of the cd was corrupted and no longer work at all. I did however get an email from a person from here that sent a list of the known models, and everything that was in the levels that was corrupted are already being used or at least known to exist. Nobody can gain anything from these files, let me assure you, there is no terrain, the palettes are messed up, and the remaining contents are already out there, so it was almost a waste of time and resources. the only thing I got out of it that was some use was the source code, and it has been matched as being the same one that has been circulating around the internet.

If you can use the source code I can send a link to get it, but everything else is gone, pretty much, I archived the bad files and working with what I have. My new levels will be out on links shortly, and I am posting pics as often as I think I need to so others can see some of the highlights of whats to be on them.
It's not that it's workable. It's the knowledge that's inside of it. I don't think it can be salvaged in any playing form, that's not really the fun. The fun is from what it offers in terms of voice overs, and production material we might not know about.
Bryankd2015
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Bryankd2015 »

That might be, but I am working on a developer program right now that might be able to clear it up, if anything is there.
tatu

Post by tatu »

Bryankd2015 wrote:The "problem" is that most of the content of the cd was corrupted and no longer work at all. I did however get an email from a person from here that sent a list of the known models, and everything that was in the levels that was corrupted are already being used or at least known to exist. Nobody can gain anything from these files, let me assure you, there is no terrain, the palettes are messed up, and the remaining contents are already out there, so it was almost a waste of time and resources. the only thing I got out of it that was some use was the source code, and it has been matched as being the same one that has been circulating around the internet.

Why not upload the contents and get help from all our experienced members? I can assure you they can do a lot.

However, I want to point out several things why I believe your "friend" has sent you false files.

1. The developers at Dreamworks, working on Trespasser did not, or rarely place level files on their computers. They worked via a server. They also used some kind of software etc called the "Diamond Baseball" IIRC, which made it possible for only ONE member to work on a level at the time, so there wouldn't be two people making two different version.

2. The devs used Studio Max to edit their levels, so they had no reason to have placeholders for their levels.

3. The levels you posted a picture of. pl, hc, sb, sh, ph and Plains. ALL except the "pl" files is the SAME file size, which is IMO seems to just be a copy and paste, and then rename. "hc" aka Hunters Camp NEVER became its own level, but was a part of PH. I don't know really what sb could be. "sh" aka Shore also never made it into its own level, as they put it in both PV and LAB. The "sh" Shore level was only a part during the walkthrough, and never after. The "pl" one seems to be a fanmodded version of the town, where someone tried to reimport the town level into a fresh one.

4. I'm surprised that the only levels you got is the ones cut from the game or the ones we never got. No version of a level found in the beta or released game.

5. There is also the thing where people points out that the source you got is the one found leaked.

Anyway. As long as you refuse to share the levels, and some of our most experienced members have taken a look at them, I will believe this is fake.

machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Thank you. :)
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files