Does anyone have the original programs?

List your programs here (game-related or other software).

Moderators: scallenger, Rebel, madppiper, TresCom Support Team

Bryankd2015
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Re: Does anyone have the original programs?

Post by Bryankd2015 »

ya.. I did those, but I am having troubles in getting those on a level by themselves. Tres ed keeps telling me the terrain is'nt right or something, and it gives best it can and it is always flat, with all green or all blue
Bryankd2015
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Bryankd2015 »

Does anyone have the source code that was made to work, or some of it, so I do not have to start completely over to build the guiapp fully? I have a couple of the programs that go with it almost complete, and I think I can make it fully usable as an editor, but I need the working source for the guiapp program.
Hilwo
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Post by Hilwo »

Bryankd2015 wrote:Does anyone have the source code that was made to work, or some of it, so I do not have to start completely over to build the guiapp fully? I have a couple of the programs that go with it almost complete, and I think I can make it fully usable as an editor, but I need the working source for the guiapp program.
I remember a version was 'out there' that had hitspangs, treesap and dino features/sounds re-activated. I think most of this is now incorporated in Trespasser CE, but I could be wrong.
Bryankd2015
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Bryankd2015 »

ahhh.. but I need the source code itself to get guiapp fully functional, if its possible to get it from anyone.
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

Post by tatu »

Bryankd2015 wrote:ahhh.. but I need the source code itself to get guiapp fully functional, if its possible to get it from anyone.
They the one who made CE.
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
mleise
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by mleise »

User Lee Arbuco would be the one to ask. As far as I can tell he never published any of his modifications, which is fair considering we are breaking copyrights here, no matter how abandoned and technologically irrelevant the source code may be today.
Considering that his Trespasser executable is 2 times the size of the original, it is quite possible he made the source compatible with more recent compilers, so you could work with a more modern VisualStudio edition as well.
Bryankd2015
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Bryankd2015 »

I sent a pm to lee and asked, best I can do on that one.
Slugger
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-
Antispam: No

Post by Slugger »

Hilwo wrote:
Bryankd2015 wrote:Does anyone have the source code that was made to work, or some of it, so I do not have to start completely over to build the guiapp fully? I have a couple of the programs that go with it almost complete, and I think I can make it fully usable as an editor, but I need the working source for the guiapp program.
I remember a version was 'out there' that had hitspangs, treesap and dino features/sounds re-activated. I think most of this is now incorporated in Trespasser CE, but I could be wrong.
That earlier version you are referencing was the one I managed to build and in which I reactivated dormant parts of the code.

@mleise / @Bryankd2015 : Let's not pester Lee about releasing his code, especially from random members emailing him who apparently don't seem to have a firm understanding of programming (or this game/community) in general....might ruin any chances of securing a copy of the code for posterity by TresCom when Lee finishes (and then we are stuck in another TresEd situation where we don't have any of the source to our own tools).
0066521C: 'Cannot create local swap file - Is Trespasser installed??',0Ah,0
"Cold lino was the driving force behind world power!"
Bryankd2015
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Bryankd2015 »

Can I get a copy of that source that you reactivated? I dont necessarily need the programs from it but the source code itself, as I am working on it under DOS, windows 98 in the original specs of a computer and still cant get it to build right.
Shep
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by Shep »

Could you please put them for download? I would love to see the files and if it was put out then we all could explore and check out the files!
Oh, a Raptor got 'em!

Bryankd2015
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Bryankd2015 »

Shep wrote:Could you please put them for download? I would love to see the files and if it was put out then we all could explore and check out the files!
I am not sure what files you are asking about. Please be a bit more specific, as I had previously put some files up on downloads.
Shep
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by Shep »

Wrong discussion. :p
Oh, a Raptor got 'em!

Bryankd2015
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Bryankd2015 »

ok I see.. thats ok