TheIdiot's new mod set on Isla Nublar

Moderators: scallenger, Wajas, TheIdiot

Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Re: Screenshot thread

Post by Draconisaurus »

TheIdiot wrote:You *could* actually change the fog on ATX by minimizing and maximizing the game after the trigger had fired,
*was aware*
but yeah, the CE fog fix is so important to me since I've been wanting to do day and night since the beginning. I actually had done the exact same trigger setup before on the old RTJP version I released, but deleted the triggers so nobody would steal my idea. :wink:
machf wrote:Too late. There's something (not quite) like that in the Pens. :wink: Did it in the hope that some day the fog would work as intended.
(For the same reason, dinos there have "removed" activities in their scripts which now work, too!)
Haha nice.. I am curious how it could be like that but not the same.. Fog density alterations already worked in Tres.. I am guessing it's something other than fog.. Or perhaps fog color shifts with a purpose other than day/night shift..
TI wrote:
(Makes me wonder what other goodies are hiding in Tres that are now possible and as yet unrealized...)
Trust me, I'm looking for all of them myself! Found one or two little ones aside from the fog that I haven't shown yet (and don't plan on until much later). 8)
Hmmmmm...
Schweet. How does the stormy one work? I thought you hadn't gotten rain yet..
Well, the stormy one DID work until the invisible player bug occured. :sick: I'm still working on that...I really think rain can be done, just have to figure out how to counteract the bug. (Bit of a spoiler, but COME ON, you HAVE to reach the Rex paddock/main road at night in a storm, it's the only way!)
:lol: Sounds neat.. Could teleport a large rain obj around to preset locations as the player moves, rather than attaching it...
TheIdiot wrote:Pens sounds friggen fantastic, especially after checking out your videos with dat mist effect. :wink:
Wait, videos where?...
machf wrote:(Yes, I'm back to working on it... not everyday, but I am working on it. Works better now with CE, though it still crashes at a certain part, either because of physics interactions or too many dinos awake at the same time)
*dances around the room* :mrgreen: You know, I might actually be able to model those d*** dino models for you this Summer, we'll see...

I'd ask for pics, but I appreciate your letting us discover the level in person when it's released..
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

:lol: Sounds neat.. Could teleport a large rain obj around to preset locations as the player moves, rather than attaching it...
Perhaps. I wonder how a constantly-firing trigger to teleport the rain to the player would work. It would be like a CEntityAttached, I guess.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

I wouldn't do constant.. Sounds like asking for engine lag to me. Timed intervals sounds good, and better than I was thinking (using the player as a teleport destination rather than set locations around the map).
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Draconisaurus wrote:I wouldn't do constant.. Sounds like asking for engine lag to me. Timed intervals sounds good, and better than I was thinking (using the player as a teleport destination rather than set locations around the map).
I'll see what's reasonable. It depends on how odd it looks if the rain teleports enough. I guess if I make the rain object large enough, you can travel a short distance within it before it has to teleport to you again. The thing with the CEntityAttached was that A, it only required two triggers to work, and B, the area it covered was small enough that it didn't seem as if it was raining inside of buildings when you get close due to the object clipping through walls.

EDIT: Just testing out ReShade some more. Looks a bit better now, I think, plus you can see the rain effect that was causing the disappearing player bug in the second screenshot. Figured I'd show what it could look like if I can work the problem out. I also had to brighten the second image since it was way too dark.

TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Just took a couple of fun shots today while wandering around. I've been working on a big new model that I can't wait to showcase soon, but hopefully these will hold you off until then:

A small storage shed stands abandoned in a flooded plain, somewhere in the jungle. Unfortunately, something else has taken over this ruin as a home...

And just a nice little shot of some parasaurs with Mount Sibo and the northern mountains in the backdrop to show off the beauty of the distant land in sunset conditions.

I've also imported hppav's Jeep Wrangler with some new textures and bumpmapping, which looks really nice. Can't show it off yet I'm afraid as I have nowhere to put it at the moment...guess I'll have to get working on the East Dock area. :wink:
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Digging the CE-ness...
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

"The essence, uh...of Chaos."

Something went horribly wrong when the physics of this building turned out to be movable...

EDIT: Great, Moddb went and changed the format of their images and now they don't work on TresCom. Back to Imgur, I guess...what a bummer. The old ones that have disappeared will have to be viewed on Moddb, go here for them:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/rtjp-tres/images

EDIT 2: Never mind, it was just one of my browser's extensions screwing with the site. I whitelisted it and everything is fine. Moddb links will continue.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

:lol: Nice image! Damn that terrain simply does not look like Tres... way cool. In my mind Tres has always had a sort of higher-detail above-ground setting with a sort of blurry low-detail terrain.. Now it's blending with the surroundings. Uber-cool.

So erm.. How did moveable phys cause the scene above?
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Draconisaurus wrote::lol: Nice image! Damn that terrain simply does not look like Tres... way cool. In my mind Tres has always had a sort of higher-detail above-ground setting with a sort of blurry low-detail terrain.. Now it's blending with the surroundings. Uber-cool.
Well, the ground inside of the building is actually part of the structure since I had to sink the ground waaaaay down in order to make everything look good, but I'm happy to hear that you think it looks nice overall.
So erm.. How did moveable phys cause the scene above?
Pretty much the entire building's physics had Bool Moveable = True, so when I tried to step inside, the physics started to go haywire and in the process some nearby parasaurs managed to walk into the mess. The wall physics pushed the dinosaurs into the boxes and interpolation occurred because the only physics object that I'd set right happened to be the floor. I was in Fly mode observing the whole thing to escape the madness.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

:lol: Should make a vid..
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Draconisaurus wrote::lol: Should make a vid..
Nah, managed to fix it today. But I was just recently considering doing a 10 minute video showing a segment of unedited open-world gameplay, along with a couple of puzzles, an iconic location, and of course, some of the new dinosaurs. I have a nearly completed section in mind, just have to complete a section of fencing, flesh out a small area, set up some triggers, do a bit of detail and fix a bug or two. Plus I have to get the island signs all retextured and imported, which is a bit of a chore, but that's the worst of it. Might be able to have a video out in...oh, say, a week or two? :wink:
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Looking forward to it - though in my mind it's more a matter of what other people will see, since I was in the level back in '14/15.
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Draconisaurus wrote:Looking forward to it - though in my mind it's more a matter of what other people will see, since I was in the level back in '14/15.
Well, you haven't seen it for a while now, and I don't think I've even sent you the new version of the island that I started on a while ago. I doubt even you have seen most of what will be shown in the video. :P
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Oh damn.. How much has the area from the helipad to the VC changed?
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Draconisaurus wrote:Oh damn.. How much has the area from the helipad to the VC changed?
A ton. It's a similar route leading south-to-north, but the helipad is now located much further to the south, meaning there's more area in-between that you have to trek through. And since the island is now quadruple the size, everything is much, much larger. I did keep the layout roughly the same though, so there is still a road running alongside the river that passes by the Aviary before curving west around the dilophosaur paddock and to the VC. You'll just have to wait and see, I guess! :wink: