A new Trespasser patch/update (Trespasser CE)

Discuss the game Trespasser here!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers

codemuk3y
Triceratops
Triceratops

Re: A new Trespasser patch/update (Trespasser CE)

Post by codemuk3y »

Sho is in the OpenTres discord, he's a programmer and is looking to make some upgrades to OpenTres. They're aware that we don't have access to the CE source, sounds like they're going to do similar work from scratch
"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of Giants" Isaac Newton
1nomok
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg
Antispam: No

Post by 1nomok »

cynodesmus wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 2:52 pm Versions translated into Russian.

Activating the display of the Cyrillic alphabet requires intervention in the system by the user.
I got the impression that the game directly uses the file c_1252.nls - regardless of the parameter registered in the Windows registry.
What is required from the user: either in safe mode, or after booting from a backup flash drive/disk - replace the original с_1252.nls with a renamed copy с_1251.nls
The file that needs replacing is located here - C:\Windows\System32
Spoiler: show
Trespasser_rus.jpg
game_strings.txt
hint_strings.txt
Thanks for you work. But have problem in main exe file. This work right in menu, but have encoding problem in game... I don't fix that by hex editor. I change font to Arial Cyr (this fix encoding problem in original version) and links in to change. This all manipulation not enough for CE version. Cyrillic font steal broken in game. Sry by my english...
jacksonjoe
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by jacksonjoe »

Trying to install Trespasser for the first time. Ive installed CE correctly (I think) but on video settings It won't recognise by graphics card.. anyone had this?

Many thanks
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Hmmm. Not sure about that point, but I recommend using Tres2020, linked in my sig, for playing Tres. It is Tres CE with a few extra things, a great way to get started. Not sure but it might be more stable sometimes.