TresEd & GeomAdd - Trespasser Level Editing Software

List your programs here (game-related or other software).

Moderators: scallenger, Rebel, madppiper, TresCom Support Team

Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

TresEd & GeomAdd - Trespasser Level Editing Software

Post by Rebel »

TresEd is the unofficial Trespasser Level Editor written by Andres James. GeomAdd is the model-importer used for the game, Trespasser (also written by Andres James). Both links are directed to the software author's Trespasser site. For information regarding the use of these programs, please browse the Trespasser Modding Section.
Last edited by Rebel on Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Url change
RexHunter99
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Re: TresEd & GeomAdd - Trespasser Level Editing Software

Post by RexHunter99 »

I've just been re-reading the OpenGL Documentation and came across some information that I forgot a while back.

SIG (Silicon Integrated Graphics, division of SIS) warn OpenGL users not to use the indexed texture functions or the compressed texture functions, they are all deprecated, can cause problems on a range of machines and may not perform as expected.
The way I see it, losing compressed texture functionality isn't bad, especially in the case of Trespasser because we only use a maximum Texture Dimension of 256, and even that only uses 256*256*4 bytes (BGRA color)
We should also include a disclaimer about the TresEd Compressed Textures option when the Open Level Dialog appears, it's been deprecated and SIG officially no longer support the functions, they are just their for backwards comparability with older applications.
~ They told me humans weren't real... I proved them wrong.
ImageAnthropology ~ A beautiful tale.
EpicZen
Carnivores Hub ~ Need the full games without all the hassle of torrents or viruses? Run on over to EpicZen's Carnivores Hub!
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Re: TresEd & GeomAdd - Trespasser Level Editing Software

Post by Draconisaurus »

When Rex told me to turn off the OpenGL compression.. I went into shock :P The mipmapped textures in TresEd have been appearing in really, really bad colors (brown becomes red, green becomes yellowish, etc.) on my ATI card. I don't think they were too great on my NVidia either. But anyway, now it all looks awesome and just like it should.. :| Many thanks.