Promotional Contest

Released! - TresCom Ops' TC Act 2 Archive Forum.

Moderators: scallenger, Hilwo, Kovu

madppiper
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Post by madppiper »

ohh how about this price btw : we will add the fan work to our level in form of a secret :)
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

How would we do that? Painting on a wall somewhere? And if an article wins, what then? Not sure we shoud promise that one. If they're going to win a t-shirt, be first to play tc_isle, I think those prizes are pretty cool.
madppiper

Post by madppiper »

yeah, why not? spraypainting articles to a wall... or whatever.. there are ways of doing that...

see: I think that that would give the community a chance to identify themselves as part of the product... = more activity
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

Well, you may be right thar li' brother, but we should make certain that Remdul agrees with this one first.
madppiper

Post by madppiper »

Well Rebel and I have been discussing this on MSN and we came up with the following:

We'll have promotional contest starting a few weeks before releasing the level. However we will pre-announce it on tommorows update. The contest will look like the following:

people can turn in:
*Drawings
*Stories
*Artciles
*model renderings
*levels

(no screenshots, since they are far to easy to be taken. Definately not as much work as the other things listed above.)

We'll then let our community have a vote on the best Fan work. The best 3 places win.

Prizes are:
1st place:will receive the Alpha level, t-shirt, and his winning entry will be used in the level. (eg, a drawing will be framed and put up a wall or such... really depends on what his winning entry was.... if it's a level, then maybe a screenshot gallery of his level placed somehwere, like fotos)

2nd place:will receive the Alpha level, will not receive a t-shirt, but will get a graffiti in our level and his name underneath rebels name in the elevator shaft

3rd place:will get a graffiti in the level

I think that this will definately help to get peoples attention + forcing them to work on some stuff...
afterall having their names/work in the level gives them certain fame.... I personally would fall for that

all 3 winners will also get the chance of writing a review on this level, which we will then host on TresCom.org.

Well, so how does that sound to you? Do all of you agree?
Last edited by madppiper on Sat Sep 13, 2003 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Remdul
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Remdul »

Sounds cool.

Maybe we can also put all other entries on a computer screen lab...
madppiper

Post by madppiper »

yeah... sounds good to me as well :)
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

I hadn't much to do tonight (though did watch JP2 :yes: ), so I took the liberty of drafting up an official rules text for the upcoming contest. I'll assume that you two gentlemen (rem and mp) might want to change or alter it in some manner, though I think I was fairly thorough with the wording.

If anyone else sees anything with the text that perhaps does not look quite right, don't be bashful; do tell.

http://www.trespasserextras.com/Official%20Rules.txt
Remdul
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Remdul »

No, I think it's ok. Rules are clear, simple etc. Neat. :yes:
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

Well, MP suggested a few minor changes and additions, so the txt has changed slightly:

http://www.trespasserextras.com/Official%20Rules.txt

*Added, a 'TresCom Choice Award' (we choose winner)

*Additional, valid software entries include: screensavers, themes, screenmates or programs.

*Addtional rules (2)
madppiper

Post by madppiper »

*Added, a 'TresCom Choice Award' (we choose winner)
Well, I thought that that might help to maintain a certain fairness to the contest. Afterall we're dealing with a majority of non-registered visitors here and I'm getting the feeling that it might scare them off that community members are allowed to vote and thus might only vote for their own...