tc_rescue - beta01

Management front office desk. Ask away.

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Webteam, TresCom Board Managers

Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Re: tc_rescue - beta01

Post by Rebel »

enigma wrote:I'm also thinking Dr McCoy is one. A game is never complete when it has a hospital but without some sort of reference to Star Trek doctors, even happened in Fallout 3 :lol:

Oh, and one of those pictures on the wall perhaps? A real family photo?
\

Say, you guys are pretty good at this (have you played games before?). :D

Yup, Good Ol' Bones is one, and the snapshots are another. One is of my favorite yesteryear actress, Veronica Lake. The other is actually a snapshot of my parents while in Hawaii for their 25 wedding anniversary (circa, 1984).

That's 7 down, 3 to go. ..
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

Post by tatu »

One, you probably stepped on and didn't even notice.
Do you mean that mask near the tree? Wait! thats not a tree, thats something else

Btw, I must tell you, this is awesome work. I tell you more when I've finished it :) but its beautiful work!
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

tatu wrote:
One, you probably stepped on and didn't even notice.
Do you mean that mask near the tree?
Bingo, my friend. :) That's number 8, it's Gilligan (when the headhunters visited the island (the kupakai?)). He had to say a word something like; pooli ce magumbo (or something like that), and of course he screwed it up! :lol:
tatu wrote:
Btw, I must tell you, this is awesome work. I tell you more when I've finished it :) but its beautiful work!
Danke. We appreciate that. :)
tatu

Post by tatu »

Any hint on the other 2? :)
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

tatu wrote:Any hint on the other 2? :)
Hmm. .. Well, you step on one and the other is of a historical significance (a person).
RexHunter99
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by RexHunter99 »

Yeah I finally got to play it thanks to Draco saving the world.

Sadly my computer is such a big turd, that I cannot play it unless glaring down at Anne's rack for a good hour. When I finally managed to stumble over the docks, I basically gave up, I couldn't figure out the puzzles in the short amount of time I had the patience to endure the lag in.

Sorry :?
~ They told me humans weren't real... I proved them wrong.
ImageAnthropology ~ A beautiful tale.
EpicZen
Carnivores Hub ~ Need the full games without all the hassle of torrents or viruses? Run on over to EpicZen's Carnivores Hub!
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

RexHunter99 wrote:Yeah I finally got to play it thanks to Draco saving the world.

Sadly my computer is such a big turd, that I cannot play it unless glaring down at Anne's rack for a good hour. When I finally managed to stumble over the docks, I basically gave up, I couldn't figure out the puzzles in the short amount of time I had the patience to endure the lag in.

I think you better ask that fat bastard Santa for a new computer, Rex. Jeez, mine is 10 years old (1.5ghz, 256 ram, 32mb Nvidia card) and I don't get any lag at all. Even my specs are considered way out of date.
RexHunter99
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by RexHunter99 »

Rebel wrote:
RexHunter99 wrote:Yeah I finally got to play it thanks to Draco saving the world.

I think you better ask that fat bastard Santa for a new computer, Rex. Jeez, mine is 10 years old (1.5ghz, 256 ram, 32mb Nvidia card) and I don't get any lag at all. Even my specs are considered way out of date.
Mine's newer O_O
2.4Ghz Celeron D
1Gb ram
256mb nVidia GeForce
~ They told me humans weren't real... I proved them wrong.
ImageAnthropology ~ A beautiful tale.
EpicZen
Carnivores Hub ~ Need the full games without all the hassle of torrents or viruses? Run on over to EpicZen's Carnivores Hub!
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

Well, I don't understand the lag with those specs, Rex. Anyhoo, if you really want to play it out, copy the scn file, go into TresEd and remove all CacheMul values from trees, undergrowth and any other objects with those values, save, replace TresEd generated file with the copy of the scn file previously made.

The render will look like crap, but it'll run faster -

Software Users:

A Workaround for any software mode only users. It'll kill off the ocean, but it'll allow the level to load. Copy the scn file, go into TresEd, add the value: bool HardwareOnly = true to Da_Ocean-00 tscript value, update. Save level, replace the tresed generated scn file with the one previously copied.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Rebel wrote:Copy the scn file, go into TresEd, add the value: bool HardwareOnly = true to Da_Ocean-00 tscript value, update. Save level, replace the tresed generated scn file with the one previously copied.
Maybe we ought to use that value more often... And make alternate versions with SoftwareOnly. It's pretty lucky for us they included such values in the game.
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

Next version I'll add duel ocean models (one for software, one for hardware mode). It just wasn't high on the todo list.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

What's the "hardware water" option in the settings for, BTW?
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

I'd guess you can have the water rendered in software mode even while in hardware mode? I reckon one could set it to '0' in the ini file while in hardware mode and see what happens.
The Rescue Team
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus

Post by The Rescue Team »

I am very curious so i have to ask, is the final gonna have any enemies other than piggie?(and i dont know why you monsters killed him,he was totally harmless to me)
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

I am very curious so i have to ask, is the final gonna have any enemies other than piggie?(and i dont know why you monsters killed him,he was totally harmless to me)
Yup, they'll be a few of them. The 1st beta release's main goal was to get the level to the point where it could be completed. Anytime spent on it now can be used on other things.