Quick Question On Tres. Soundtrack For Those Familiar...

Discuss and analyze Bill Brown’s score for Trespasser.

Moderators: scallenger, TresCom Board Managers

scallenger
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Quick Question On Tres. Soundtrack For Those Familiar...

Post by scallenger »

You'd think I'd be the one of all knowledge when it comes to everything with the "Trespasser Soundtrack" (hehe), but I actually want to ask a question to "clarify" if you will. ;)

For those familiar with the music tracks found only in the stream.tpa of the game, are the following tracks (names from my current site version) found in the game, or only on Bill Brown's site? I know they can be downloaded from Bill's, but I just want to know if they are ONLY found there.

-Hidden Village
-Pine Valley
-Geothermal Plant
-Hunter's Camp

I've totally forgotten! Thanks! :D
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Re: Quick Question On Tres. Soundtrack For Those Familiar...

Post by Draconisaurus »

Well... I am quite sure each of those can be found in Stream.tpa. And "MUSIC - HUNTERS CAMP" was discovered by me, even though it was already on Bill's site as "Hunters Camp".
scallenger

Post by scallenger »

Okay I do remember you finding Hunter's Camp now, and I am now remembering that I think Geothermal Plant and Hidden Village were in there too, but I am still not sure about "Pine Valley". I thought that one was only heard on his site, just like the "Forest Walk" track I KNOW is only found on his site and not in the game files.

Grrr! If worse comes to worse I will go through them again, which I may do anyway.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

You might want to do that. :yum: Your renaming is a bit confusing. No original tracks were named "forest walk", that's something you came up with. "MUSIC - PV AMBIENT" is in the TPA files.
scallenger

Post by scallenger »

Actually "Forest Walk" was from Bill's site, which he named himself and I kept intact. However, I don't plan on changing the names again for the tracks since they either don't exist, or they are uncolorful titles (like PV Ambient, would be a great example, or something like T-Rex Attack1). I keep it close to what the original title is, but in some cases we all really don't know, and I came up with a guess as to what it "sounds like" it could be.

However, as you will see on the new site, I have been keeping track of which tracks are only found in-game, which are in better quality on Bill's site, and which are ONLY found on Bill's site, and other sources. I treated the Timeline soundtrack with the same respect.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Hmmm. I highly recommend a little page which tells what each track's original title was. I'm betting there's already a good spot for this in the architecture you're planning.
scallenger

Post by scallenger »

Okay, although I don't even know how to go about that anymore. I haven't used TresEd in years, which is the only way to find these names, am I correct?
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Well, no... not anymore. You can use my CRC tool and my TPA names listings.
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
scallenger

Post by scallenger »

:o Whaa? I never knew about these. I mean, I do have one of the TPA Names lists, but it didn't feature music names. Link me! Please! :D
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

http://trescom.3dactionplanet.gamespy.c ... mNames.txt
We'll make the text file links far more apparent on the new site, don't worry (their url will change soon, of course)
scallenger

Post by scallenger »

Okay, with this list then, I will make another list featuring the block numbers and real names of the select tracks that are found in game (which is most, lol). It'll be a separate list from the rest, since the other one already has 4 different things going on at once on it, lol.

I may now do the same for TIMELINE's as well, just for curiosity sake for people. :) I changed the names on some of those tracks too ("Cinematic Music1"? How vague is that?!)
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Allllrighty then.
scallenger wrote:("Cinematic Music1"? How vague is that?!)
:lol: Good point I s'pose. Btw can you PM me your messenger email? I've started a new account and I'm not sure I remembered to grab your email in selecting which friends to carry over..
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Actually, that text list is outdated, the new one is an Excel file, has been for several months...
http://trescom.3dactionplanet.gamespy.c ... 004#p81545
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Oh really.. I'll need to remember to update Trespasser CE, then (it points to your text files in the Script Resources folder).