DESIGNER's ZONE in Trespasser!

Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

LoSE_CrEEd
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

DESIGNER's ZONE in Trespasser!

Post by LoSE_CrEEd »

I don't know whether it's something new to you guys but... I've recently found THIS out.
In any level in the game teleport to 1,1,1,1. That will get you to the air of course but... you may walk around! Now take a look... There are many interesting objects

on THE BEACH
Quite nothing...just few trees, rocks, big non-textured mountain and... a stick floating further on
http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm150/2xCut/1111.jpg

on JUNGLE ROAD
Well much more interesting...along all the others: all weapons, dinosaurs, unused objects.
http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm15 ... /tres3.jpg
http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm15 ... /tres4.jpg
http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm15 ... /tres5.jpg
http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm15 ... /tres6.jpg
I'm sure there's more! There might be something we haven't yet seen in Trespasser
Christopher
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

Re: DESIGNER's ZONE in Trespasser!

Post by Christopher »

Yeah, we know about this. We call it the 'basement' of each level, and each level has one. All of those objects are the master copies (their T-Script names all end with the prefix of -00 I think).

They've all been extensively searched, I don't think there's anything new to be found down there.
Ah, there's nothing more exciting than science. You get all the fun of sitting still, being quiet, writing down numbers, paying attention... Science has it all." - Principal Skinner.
Shadow Wolf
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus
Location: living underground in the middle of freaking nowhere

Post by Shadow Wolf »

I recently found out the basements aren't quite as organised as I used to think...in JR I found a bone collection so isolated that nothing else could be seen in any direction (do a "find and replace" search for "dino" and you should see what I mean) personally I like to keep my basement for DP very tidy...

finding the bone collection there away from everything doesn't really fit with my "basement objects will either be stored in the main area or near where they're needed" theory
post something intelligent before I go insane from a combination of exhaustion and boredom
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Post by Draconisaurus »

@SW
Well, the basement didn't work quite like it does for us as it did for them. Most level editing (though certainly not all ;)) was done within Max. The basement objects were all just lumped together in the general area of the basement.. sometimes it seems a bit organized, other times it just seems like a mess. I think this is likely because things were imported in groups. Anyway after the creation of the basement.. I don't think they did anything else with it. For us, tidiness is a huge plus and generally recommended.. The most unorganized basement I have seen is the one in Lab, which also has some of the more interesting objects.
The coolest basements are that of IJ, JR, and SUM. IJ has tons of unused objects (that have made their way into JPDS), home of the infamous "swamp planks'; JR has a complete set of jungle-type foliage which no other levels has (including unused foliage); and SUM has a bunch of metal rafters (some cracked) that seem as though they would have led a hazardous path to the helipad, something which I plan to do in Tres: R. if I get around to it.
Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Nick3069 »

Shadow Wolf wrote:I recently found out the basements aren't quite as organised as I used to think...
One of the last 4 levels (I can't remember which one, I think it's SUM) is very unorganized; there are 2 basements.
Draconisaurus wrote:The coolest basements are that of IJ, JR, and SUM. IJ has tons of unused objects (that have made their way into JPDS), home of the infamous "swamp planks'; JR has a complete set of jungle-type foliage which no other levels has (including unused foliage); and SUM has a bunch of metal rafters (some cracked) that seem as though they would have led a hazardous path to the helipad, something which I plan to do in Tres: R. if I get around to it.
Really? Interesting...
What about the IT basement? The toilets...
RexHunter99
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by RexHunter99 »

What about the M19111 in IJ or JR?
~ They told me humans weren't real... I proved them wrong.
ImageAnthropology ~ A beautiful tale.
EpicZen
Carnivores Hub ~ Need the full games without all the hassle of torrents or viruses? Run on over to EpicZen's Carnivores Hub!
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Nick3069 wrote:What about the IT basement? The toilets...
Oh yeah, those too. ;) Yeah I shouldn't leave IT out of that, plenty of its basement is in JPDS1 as well...
RexHunter99 wrote:What about the M19111 in IJ or JR?
Yep, that's in JR. I didn't mention each of the special things in the basements I mentioned; there are plenty of other interesting objects around.
RexHunter99
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by RexHunter99 »

I just wanted to mention it, its fantastic gun and looks great in screenshots if its angled correctly...
EpicZen
Carnivores Hub ~ Need the full games without all the hassle of torrents or viruses? Run on over to EpicZen's Carnivores Hub!
Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Nick3069 »

I've fixed that gun to work correctly in my latest test level release.
http://rapidshare.com/files/111607652/test45.zip.html

I think machf also fixed it in his Armory test level...

BTW, it's M1911, not M19111. :lol:
Draconisaurus wrote:Yep, that's in JR. I didn't mention each of the special things in the basements I mentioned; there are plenty of other interesting objects around.
Yeah, like the hockey stick in LAB, the cattle prod in IT, the golf club and horseshoe in IJ, just to name a few.
RexHunter99
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by RexHunter99 »

Lol, simple mistake with the keyboard, I allways double press a button...

Oh there are tons of cool stuff in the Basements! Oh ever found that weird Pivot object under the IJ Plains part?
I got the .45 Pistol (M1911) fixed up and working properly, I meant angling Annes hand to make it point away from the target then aiming the gun like that(45 degree angle to the left) I am so good at shooting weapons whilst moving, it scares me.

Im sure we could go on for hours talking about the stuff in them Basements, OH Draco, have you used the Lift that was in Ascent? used to get to the summit? the one in the 1st Ascent level that has all of its parts? I managed to get it working for up, Im going to implement it into my sniper tower in RainForest. I just need to make a going down script...
EpicZen
Dragonlord
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

Post by Dragonlord »

I reworked this one to be a two state lift. You can ride up by pressing a button, ride down pressing the button on the 2nd level, call the lift down on from the opposite level. I've got to just put it to some use now somewhere :P
Leader, Head Programmer: Epsylon | Drag[en]gine ( Wiki )
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

RexHunter99 wrote:OH Draco, have you used the Lift that was in Ascent? used to get to the summit? the one in the 1st Ascent level that has all of its parts? I managed to get it working for up, Im going to implement it into my sniper tower in RainForest. I just need to make a going down script...
Yep I've seen it, like I said I know all the retail levels pretty much like the back of my hand. Those extra parts are pretty interesting and suggest, as typical, they wanted to make it even more physics-based at first. How'd you implement all the new pieces? I was planning on using the unused bits in Tres: R. Biggest note is that the lift lever is ON the lift, rather than away in front.. I suppose that would have made the puzzle too easy, but what were they planning to begin with? Surely it must have had some difficulty aspect planned like that..
enigma
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

Post by enigma »

Nick3069 wrote: Yeah, like the hockey stick in LAB, the cattle prod in IT, the golf club and horseshoe in IJ, just to name a few.
I wonder if a gold game could be made where you whack a ball and try to hit the dinosaurs, one hit kill. Might work or just be stupid.

The items, must have had some use in detail, golf player, someone has a lucky horseshoe, little details, or just as weapons.

Can't remember, are those burnt boxes ever used?
RexHunter99
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by RexHunter99 »

I modeled some Physics Boxes for them and then linked each part individually to the actual floor of the lift with magnets.
I guess I could have exported them and just attached them in GMax and then added the Boxes, but that means I can't use all the boxes that I did, and some holes won't be holes...

I reckon those things (hockey stick, golf club, etc) were just weapons like the Baseball bat and the broom if used as a spear.
EpicZen
Shadow Wolf
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus
Location: living underground in the middle of freaking nowhere

Post by Shadow Wolf »

enigma wrote: I wonder if a gold game could be made where you whack a ball and try to hit the dinosaurs, one hit kill. Might work or just be stupid.
I was considering a golf easter egg in DP but I'd need a hand scripting events...

Woah.. broom? I don't recall a broom...
post something intelligent before I go insane from a combination of exhaustion and boredom