Free casual games/journals & diaries

Discuss Programming / Linux questions.

Moderators: scallenger, Sky, TresCom Support Team

Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Free casual games/journals & diaries

Post by Rebel »

Hidi Ho. Originally, I sold some of these programs though the few bucks a month I was making wasn't worth the aggravation of keeping records, filing state sales tax, quarter statements, et cetera. Bottom line, I stripped the site to bare minimum and made the files public. Mostly, they're considered casual games - nothing mind boggling, just something to do. (Windows Platform)

*Oh, if one happens to download the hangman game, the clown graphics were excellently created by our own Remdul. ;)

See here
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Re: Now free casual games

Post by machf »

Any card games? I've been checking the available ones these days... back then in the late 80s/early 90s I had programmed quite a few on my ATARI 800XL and I've been considering porting them to the PC now.
(In fact, I've been considering a Trespasser-themed deck, but still don't have the right idea)
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
TheGuy
Velociraptor
Velociraptor
Antispam: No

Post by TheGuy »

I'm quite enjoying the "Do the Math" game. :D Must have hit a like spot! The others look very interesting, too.
ImageImage
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

In fact, I've been considering a Trespasser-themed deck, but still don't have the right idea)
Yea, that sounds like a pretty nifty idea. :) Trespasser card deck, I'd like to see that.
I'm quite enjoying the "Do the Math" game.
Good to hear. I've had a few people email me about not understanding order of operation and use of brackets, but hey, that's math, man. ;)
THEL1NK1N2
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by THEL1NK1N2 »

Hehe nice bunch of games.. :D
On average how long does it take to complete games like that, every aspect of design included? :)
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

Hehe nice bunch of games..
Thanks.
On average how long does it take to complete games like that, every aspect of design included?
I can only speak for myself, of course, but anywhere from a few days to a few weeks. Once I have a decent idea of how I want the program to work, I work on the skin and other graphics before I even begin coding. From there, I get all the buttons and controls operating, then I start working on the actual functional code. I imagine a more experienced programmer could cut the time I use up in half.
THEL1NK1N2
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by THEL1NK1N2 »

Rebel wrote:but anywhere from a few days to a few weeks.
Thanks, I'm currently learning Java.