East Dock Official Walkthrough (Here be spoilers, yar)

The first completed Nublar mod, by Draco and hppav!

Moderators: scallenger, JPDS Team

Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Post by Draconisaurus »

machf wrote:So, 1.25MB of RAM... wow... and your next upgrade will be to 64KB? ;)
Uhhhh... LOL!!!! Haha, sorry, that's 1.25 GB.. still getting used to having over a GB of RAM... xP hahahaha
Dragonlord
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

Post by Dragonlord »

Just with the problem that XP is still not able to cope correctly with memory over 1GB... lost memory :no:
Leader, Head Programmer: Epsylon | Drag[en]gine ( Wiki )
TheGuy
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

Post by TheGuy »

Dragonlord wrote:Just with the problem that XP is still not able to cope correctly with memory over 1GB... lost memory :no:
I thought it was 3GB max with an AMD processor, and 4GB with an Intel one?
ImageImage
Dragonlord
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

Post by Dragonlord »

It's Micro$oft... they never keep what they promise :mrgreen:
Shadow Wolf
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus
Location: living underground in the middle of freaking nowhere

Post by Shadow Wolf »

machf wrote:Yes, I jumped over, took a couple of steps more, and hit an invisible wall, turned right and ended up falling to the bottom of the ocean. Didn't bother going back there and turning left after reloading, I only did that much later...

So, 1.25MB of RAM... wow... and your next upgrade will be to 64KB? ;)
1.25MB? I thought 895MB (mine) was small? what is a normal amount of RAM??
post something intelligent before I go insane from a combination of exhaustion and boredom
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

He made a typo, 1.25GB is what he meant... I was just making fun of it.
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Shadow Wolf
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Shadow Wolf »

machf wrote:He made a typo, 1.25GB is what he meant... I was just making fun of it.
oh ok :oops: my mistake, only chose this computer because of it's large (and seemingly very delicate :lol: ) hard drive
post something intelligent before I go insane from a combination of exhaustion and boredom
TheGuy
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

Post by TheGuy »

Dragonlord wrote:It's Micro$oft... they never keep what they promise :mrgreen:
Hmm, that's the unofficial blurb from the computing front though, not MS.
ImageImage
Dragonlord
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

Post by Dragonlord »

TheGuy wrote:
Dragonlord wrote:It's Micro$oft... they never keep what they promise :mrgreen:
Hmm, that's the unofficial blurb from the computing front though, not MS.
I've worked for a long time with Linux and *urks* Windows systems. The restrictions and short sighted design choices are what I fight against at various places ;) . Blurb or not RAM over 1GB doesn't help much on XP systems unless you strip out anything vital :lol:
TheGuy
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

Post by TheGuy »

Dragonlord wrote:I've worked for a long time with Linux and *urks* Windows systems. The restrictions and short sighted design choices are what I fight against at various places ;) . Blurb or not RAM over 1GB doesn't help much on XP systems unless you strip out anything vital :lol:
Just because XP doesn't use that much RAM (a system with 192MB is fine for windows XP), it doesn't mean it can't see it. My friend has an XP computer with 2GB RAM and it works fine, the RAM is seen and used by apps that need it. :? But you're so damn right about Linux being better than Windows. The only reason I use XP is that the software I know and love isn't available on Linux. :(
ImageImage
Dragonlord
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

Post by Dragonlord »

That's correct, which is why hackers like me and many others are trying to change that 8)
Shadow Wolf
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Shadow Wolf »

Dragonlord wrote:That's correct, which is why hackers like me and many others are trying to change that 8)
wow it's not often people call themselves hackers due to the negative connotations. some people like myself merely direct others and do a little work from their computers and windows is fine for us.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Unfortunately, people tend to get hackers confused with crackers. Quite annoying...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Shadow Wolf
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Shadow Wolf »

my kind of hacking involves a machette and the weeds at the bottom of my garden, some may call it barbaric I call it gardening (sorry off topic) anyhow shouldn't we be moving this topic back to east dock avoiding cracking compleatly (controversial ground) and OS disagreements (just trying to be a good moderator as my responsibilities are minor (running a private section that doesn't need much running) I thought I'd try to help other mods by being more responsible (sorry off topic again)
Dragonlord
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

Post by Dragonlord »

machf wrote:Unfortunately, people tend to get hackers confused with crackers. Quite annoying...
So true. I'm proud to be a hacker and I use the word in the correct sense no matter what people think. :yes: