couldnt we just?

Discuss the game Trespasser here!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers

T-REXHarley
Triceratops
Triceratops

couldnt we just?

Post by T-REXHarley »

couldint we just take the demo lvl, stick it where its supposed to be in the game, and modify the next lvl thing in the level before and after? why are people trying to completely remake pine valley? just use the demo lvl, always wondered this but never asked...
Beware the great ginger afro-man.
hppav
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-
Antispam: No

Re: couldnt we just?

Post by hppav »

T-REXHarley wrote:couldint we just take the demo lvl, stick it where its supposed to be in the game, and modify the next lvl thing in the level before and after? why are people trying to completely remake pine valley? just use the demo lvl, always wondered this but never asked...
Because Pine Valley is in actuality about 4 times the size of the demo and it wouldn't make sense to go from a gate to the top of a helipad.

You have to make it liner. Plus we all want to see the power plant which isn't in the level at all and must be rebuilt from scratch.
Album 1 http://m.imgur.com/a/cRA26
Album 2 http://imgur.com/a/6tvKV
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom leaked and (few) official photos
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Yep, the demo uses the PV terrain, but most of the stuff that was in the level has been removed. And some of the remaining stuff was moved from its original place...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Nick3069 »

Here you go, T-REXHarley. I've been working on IT level all week and I made it connect to my (incomplete) version of PV.
http://rapidshare.com/files/72262984/IT ... 9.zip.html

I was working on IT for an other reason though; I'm planning on making a series of level which would start at the West gate of Burrough and end at the Summit. (AKA you take other way around the mountain. :D) Don't get too exited! I'm not sure if I will ever have enough time to complete it.
BTW, that's why I was so curious about the west gate easter egg.

IT by Nick3069:
- most floating objects grounded. (99%)
- fixed physics. (example: the brocken satelite dish.)
- couple of fixed triggers. (example: try playing basketball. ;))
- re-added Wu's Microwave.
- loads PV at end.
- added toilette bols in the saloon.
- etc...

PV by Nick3069:
- start at the top of the hill, instead of on the helipad
- loads LAB at end
- added bridge wooden bridge (not very far after Alpha T. Rex)
- renamed PV, instead of DEMO
- most floating objects grounded (75%)

Enjoy! :D
Microceratops
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by Microceratops »

Nick3069 wrote:Here you go, T-REXHarley. I've been working on IT level all week and I made it connect to my (incomplete) version of PV.
http://rapidshare.com/files/72262984/IT ... 9.zip.html

I was working on IT for an other reason though; I'm planning on making a series of level which would start at the West gate of Burrough and end at the Summit. (AKA you take other way around the mountain. :D) Don't get too exited! I'm not sure if I will ever have enough time to complete it.
BTW, that's why I was so curious about the west gate easter egg.

IT by Nick3069:
- most floating objects grounded. (99%)
- fixed physics. (example: the brocken satelite dish.)
- couple of fixed triggers. (example: try playing basketball. ;))
- re-added Wu's Microwave.
- loads PV at end.
- added toilette bols in the saloon.
- etc...

PV by Nick3069:
- start at the top of the hill, instead of on the helipad
- loads LAB at end
- added bridge wooden bridge (not very far after Alpha T. Rex)
- renamed PV, instead of DEMO
- most floating objects grounded (75%)

Enjoy! :D
Hey, Nick, that's great!! I liked very much the final result!! Congratulations!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: The only thing I disliked was that when you end PV the brown T-Rex is gone, the music cuts suddenly and you appear at a total different scenery... It was preety weird :P I hope you can change this...
But the rest was great! (Including playing basketball :lol: :lol: )
Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Nick3069 »

Thank you! I'm glad you liked it. Yeah, I know, the end of PV is like the DEMO. Maybe, wen I get the time I might continue remaking PV, but there's already a team working on that so...

Has anybody else tryed it? I know it a big download, but I think it's worth it!
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

I've downloaded it, but I haven't looked at it yet...
Since I've made a mountain road on the Pens that matches the one in Ascent2, I'd like to see how yours goes to meet with it too.
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Nick3069 »

Have you taken a look at it yet, machf?
machf wrote:Since I've made a mountain road on the Pens that matches the one in Ascent2, I'd like to see how yours goes to meet with it too.
What do you mean by that?

Anybody else tried it? :cry:

BTW, TheGuy, could you upload it on the mirror before it expires. Thank you.
Last edited by Nick3069 on Mon May 19, 2008 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Didn't you say you wanted to make a path that goes the other way around the mountain?
Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Nick3069 »

yes, I did, are you saying the pens is something similar?
TheGuy
Velociraptor
Velociraptor
Antispam: No

Post by TheGuy »

@Nick3069. Yeah, I'll upload it tomorrow morning. :mrgreen:
ImageImage
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

The Pens level extends from the end of the Lab to the start of the Ascent, among other things the road seen in Ascent 2 is featured there, coming from the opposite side of the mountain. It could meet at the base of the mountain with yours...
Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Nick3069 »

TheGuy wrote:Yeah, I'll upload it tomorrow morning. :mrgreen:
Alright, thanks! Tell me what you think of them when you get the chance.
machf wrote:The Pens level extends from the end of the Lab to the start of the Ascent, among other things the road seen in Ascent 2 is featured there, coming from the opposite side of the mountain. It could meet at the base of the mountain with yours...
Your idea of the two projects meetting up at the end is very interesting. :yes: Although, you have confused me even more with your answer; why would something for AS2 be featured in a level that takes place between LAB and AS1?
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Well, the edge of AS2 opposite the "boundary" with AS1 happens to meet with the edge of the Pens. Actually, it's that spot where also the Town and Pine Valley meet - call it "Four Corners", if you want. And the road you meet with halfway up the mountain in AS2 comes from there...
Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Nick3069 »

I looked into it and I think I know what you mean now, machf.
TheGuy wrote:Yeah, I'll upload it tomorrow morning. :mrgreen:
I tried to download it from your mirror, but I couldn't download it, maybe the server was down. :?

Now, back to the subject:
T-REXHarley, what do you think of my PV?
Last edited by Nick3069 on Mon May 19, 2008 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.