EastDock ~ Released, pg. 3

The first completed Nublar mod, by Draco and hppav!

Moderators: scallenger, JPDS Team

Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Post by Draconisaurus »

Nick3069 wrote:Oh, It's the night. did you do it so it's the night by default or with testscenenight thing?
It's a fog and ambient lighting effect, but right now I have to minimize Tres and restore it to have the fog color. Hoping to figure out what format the ATXconfig uses for color codes, so far I have no idea...

Code: Select all

DefaultGameFogColor=0x00D7E6FF
Photoshop doesn't seem to generate this kind of color code.. I'm gonna take a really wild guess and say it's in hex, which I don't know how to produce.
machf wrote:Hmmm, are those dots supposed to be stars? Let's see where (and when) that night sky belongs to, then... (or is that the "particle rain"?)
Heh, looks kinda like stars doesn't it. It wouldn't if there was motion blur applied, I suppose. It is in fact particle rain, and I'm still hoping BR can tell me how to make the particles have length and not just be perfect triangles. If not, though, this is what it will look like, keepin in mind that this image doesn't show how fast they go.. Oh and, as for rain inside 'structures', turns out that's not really a problem, I suppose the particles just barely ever come that close to the player, anyway..
Let me know when the actual level is finally released...
Lol, you'll know. :yum: This thing seems to generate more work for itself all the time, the rain has taken 4 hours or so on its own already.. lots and loooots of trial and error.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Draconisaurus wrote:
Nick3069 wrote:Oh, It's the night. did you do it so it's the night by default or with testscenenight thing?
It's a fog and ambient lighting effect, but right now I have to minimize Tres and restore it to have the fog color.
I wonder if it's an early Direct3D glitch... the original Carnivores has a similar problem with fog and D3D (and not with 3dfx Glide).
Draconisaurus wrote: Hoping to figure out what format the ATXconfig uses for color codes, so far I have no idea...

Photoshop doesn't seem to generate this kind of color code.. I'm gonna take a really wild guess and say it's in hex, which I don't know how to produce.
It's either RGBA or AGBR - possibly the latter? That would give Alpha=0, Blue=0xD7 (215), Green=0xE6 (230) and Red=0xFF (255). Nothing difficult at all... (of course, it could be just 0RGB - better ask Big Red)
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

machf wrote:I wonder if it's an early Direct3D glitch... the original Carnivores has a similar problem with fog and D3D (and not with 3dfx Glide).
Hmmmmm, interesting. Makes sense..
Draconisaurus wrote: Hoping to figure out what format the ATXconfig uses for color codes, so far I have no idea...

It's either RGBA or AGBR - possibly the latter? That would give Alpha=0, Blue=0xD7 (215), Green=0xE6 (230) and Red=0xFF (255). Nothing difficult at all... (of course, it could be just 0RGB - better ask Big Red)
Eh? Hmmmm... ah well, I PMed him about it last night. Hopefully I'll get a response (note: I just checked and he's already read it, hopefully I'll get a response soon..). In the meantime.. you don't think there's a way to figure out the proper code? Currently I'm wanting the fog to be this color, but I could change it before release:

int R = 0
    int G = 7
    int B = 86
TheGuy
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

Post by TheGuy »

ImageImage
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

TheGuy wrote:This of any use? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_colors
Ah, for a second I thought it might, but no, sorry. It's list doesn't even include the color I need, it seems.. (there are millions of them, after all, they can't all have names). My color's number (#) is 000756, which I can get from Photoshop. :?

EDIT: w000t!!!! T-Rex! :mrgreen:
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Draconisaurus wrote:
machf wrote: It's either RGBA or AGBR - possibly the latter? That would give Alpha=0, Blue=0xD7 (215), Green=0xE6 (230) and Red=0xFF (255). Nothing difficult at all... (of course, it could be just 0RGB - better ask Big Red)
Eh? Hmmmm... ah well, I PMed him about it last night. Hopefully I'll get a response (note: I just checked and he's already read it, hopefully I'll get a response soon..). In the meantime.. you don't think there's a way to figure out the proper code? Currently I'm wanting the fog to be this color, but I could change it before release:

int R = 0
    int G = 7
    int B = 86
Trial and error: if 00000080 gives you a blue-colored fog, then it means the format is 0RGB, if it gives you a red-colored fog, then it's ABGR.

For a 0RGB order, your desired value would be 00000756; for an ABGR one, it would be 00560700.
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

machf wrote:
Draconisaurus wrote:
machf wrote: It's either RGBA or AGBR - possibly the latter? That would give Alpha=0, Blue=0xD7 (215), Green=0xE6 (230) and Red=0xFF (255). Nothing difficult at all... (of course, it could be just 0RGB - better ask Big Red)

int R = 0
    int G = 7
    int B = 86
Trial and error: if 00000080 gives you a blue-colored fog, then it means the format is 0RGB, if it gives you a red-colored fog, then it's ABGR.

For a 0RGB order, your desired value would be 00000756; for an ABGR one, it would be 00560700.
Awesome. Got it working, thanks. 8)

[FogSettings]
DefaultGameFogColor=0x00000756
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

So, it's 0RGB, then (no alpha, just a couple of leading zeroes to make the 24-bit RGB value a 32-bit one).

Just wondering... is that ATX setting global, or can it be specified for different levels?
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

This one is global. Unfortunately, I don't think BR has made it possible yet to set fog for certain levels (same goes for particle rain settings, though there is a default file separate from the ATXconfig at least). Perhaps that will be a feature of later releases...
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Shooting stars... nice!

(Yes, I know...)
chronzerg
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by chronzerg »

Gosh Machf, your so slow

(Sorry, had to do it :wink: )
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

123MB? That's insane.
Microceratops
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by Microceratops »

Finally!! I hope my computer doesn't crash :P :P

Downloading it at the moment... 1:30 hour remaining...
123MB? That's insane.
:lol: :lol: :lol: