JP1 Raptor

Management front office desk. Ask away.

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Webteam, TresCom Board Managers

NoTrespassing
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by NoTrespassing »

Cool, Draconisaurus, the raptor tribes and alpha dinos make sense. I have a few questions. You said "alpha males are frequently major components of JP games." What JP games are you reffering to? Trespasser's the only JP game I know that uses alpha dinos. You also said, "(yay for Deinosuchus! )." I'm new on the forums so, what does that mean? The only Deinosuchus I've seen in a JP game is the Lost World arcade game (a good game, by the way) Finally, how is making an Alpha Rex keeping a back door open?

P.S.: I need help with TC Isle and no one has replied to me yet. If anyone can help me, I would greatly appreciate it. The topic is here: http://trescom.3dactionplanet.gamespy.c ... php?t=5666
Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Nick3069 »

Draconisaurus wrote:yay for Deinosuchus! :P
hmmm... Like NoTrespassing, I wonder what that's about. My guess is the boss in JPDS is a Deinosuchus, but I also have my doubts about that theory.

@ NoTrespassing
I'm pretty shure that question has been asked & answered before, try using the search tool (Image Search). If you find it, delete your topic.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Don't know about JPDS, but at one point Deinosuchus was considered for The Lagoon, unfortunately there wasn't a good model at hand...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Kacy
Triceratops
Triceratops

Post by Kacy »

NoTrespassing wrote:This T-Rex:

http://trescom.3dactionplanet.gamespy.c ... ino009.jpg

http://trescom.3dactionplanet.gamespy.c ... mage&id=77

http://trescom.3dactionplanet.gamespy.c ... mage&id=76

It's also featured in the demo. I have no idea why the game makers felt the need to make their own T-Rex or why they needed to make three raptor tribes, two of which weren't in any movie.
Ah, thanks NoT. And thanks Dracon for going in depth.

Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Post by Draconisaurus »

LOL you guys. As for alpha dinos in JP games, I've seen a number of images but I haven't played nearly enough of the JP games that are out there.. Warpath might feature some. Uhh.. I haven't even played that game lol, I can't think of any other PC or console JP games with bosses at the moment. >.>;; Thing is, I've seen lots of it in the JP toy industry, and for example I've seen the alpha pteranodon from JP3 show up in JP games, but I'm not sure if the non-alpha also showed up in those ones, lol. Then in the movie there is also the alpha brachio. Hmmm...

As for the Deinosuchus, I was in fact refering to the one in the JP arcade. :yum: It was my fav example of a unique dino being used for a boss fight. That was pretty damn cool.

As for the back door open... that's a modified quote. You'll learn I love to make quotes, if you stick around long enough. ;)
VH48: We sealed the Eastern Gate for the last time. Gazing from my study window, I hit on a simple pneumonic for the passcode. Like Nedry, I felt I needed to keep a back door open.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Technically, Deinosuchus isn't a dinosaur - it's a crocodile.
Hmmm... that shouldn't be "pneumonic" but "mnemonic", rather.
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

machf wrote:Technically, Deinosuchus isn't a dinosaur - it's a crocodile.
Ah yeah.. well, ancient aquatic reptile, then. :P
Hmmm... that shouldn't be "pneumonic" but "mnemonic", rather.
Oh lol. It's from the voiceover list, I had to correct some other parts as well..

Which reminds me, when were you hoping to finish the improved/updated T-Script Reference? I'm going to need it in a week or two, and I'd be happy to help finish it sometime soon.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Given that it implies testing how each not yet included action type works, it's going to be a looooooooooooong wait. And why do I have to do it all myself?
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Lol, my point was that I don't intend for you to do it all yourself. Lemme know exactly how I can help, I should be able to start sometime this week or next..
(anyone else who wants to chip in and help, feel free ;))
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

It was a general comment, not directed to you in particular... I keep describing ways to do things, hoping to get someone else to help, but so far, I haven't had much luck...
T.rexrules
Parasaurus
Parasaurus

Post by T.rexrules »

I think the game isen't kidding about the tribes and Albertos. So it's possible that there ARE 3 Raptor tribes and Albertosaurus.