Victor Murillo Fan Art

Read all the other stories from the world

Moderators: scallenger, Rebel, Sky, madppiper

scallenger
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Victor Murillo Fan Art

Post by scallenger »

For those of you who have been a long-time Jurassic Park fan, you may remember the art of Victor Murillo, a very talented young artist who really had a knack for capturing the spirit of Jurassic Park in his drawings. Some are on display right here at TresCom, but doesn't display all of his great work I once saw online (including my favorite: the Visitor Center from Nublar in ruins). If anyone can find any more of his art work, it would be much appreciated. I really would like to have all the ones I once saw online.
Second Illiteration
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Second Illiteration »

There was a bunch of it on Dansjp3page at one point but I don't know about now..

Edit: Looks like the fanart section is down over there
Dr. Grant
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by Dr. Grant »

Those are the ones I got here in my computer and not displayed at TresCom. Only two, but the Visitor Center's there. 8)

Also, I've tried a google search and found those:
http://www.drachental.de/tbonep02.htm
http://www.planetavp.com/features/fan-a ... 1458.shtml
binto1985
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Re: Victor Murillo Fan Art

Post by binto1985 »

scallenger wrote:For those of you who have been a long-time Jurassic Park fan, you may remember the art of Victor Murillo, a very talented young artist who really had a knack for capturing the spirit of Jurassic Park in his drawings. Some are on display right here at TresCom, but doesn't display all of his great work I once saw online (including my favorite: the Visitor Center from Nublar in ruins). If anyone can find any more of his art work, it would be much appreciated. I really would like to have all the ones I once saw online.
I haven't been on here for quite a while so sorry I'm responding to an old post, but anyways...I had always liked Victors artwork too. It was really good and interesting. Ironically today I briefly looked for some stuff by him after visting trescom and then I read this. He is a member at http://www.deviantart.com and his gallery has dozens of his drawings as well as many dinosaur pictures that you guys probably haven't seen. Someone should ask him then have some of the new ones added to the Trescom fanart section. Here is the link: http://vytor.deviantart.com/gallery/.
Christopher
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

Post by Christopher »

Wow, thanks for that Binto! :) I just added him to my deviantart. He really does have some great images in his gallery.
Ah, there's nothing more exciting than science. You get all the fun of sitting still, being quiet, writing down numbers, paying attention... Science has it all." - Principal Skinner.
Second Illiteration
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Dilo skin based on his art

Last edited by Second Illiteration on Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Slugger
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-
Antispam: No

Post by Slugger »

Nice skin, SI! 8)
0066521C: 'Cannot create local swap file - Is Trespasser installed??',0Ah,0
"Cold lino was the driving force behind world power!"
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Dude, Niiiiiiiiice. 8) Reminds me of the JPDS Megarap texture, v1.0 :lol:

(my only crit on ur dilo there is that the stripe should go all the way down the tail, if possible)
Second Illiteration
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Well basing a skin on a picture means I sometimes take creative license and change some things.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Alright I get it. I still think it would look better. ;)
Second Illiteration
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Draconisaurus wrote:Alright I get it. I still think it would look better. ;)

Oh it very well might....but sometimes I get lazy and or to a point where I say "OK, it doesn't have to be 100% perfect. 90% is ok."
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Uh huh. Most people won't even be able to tell the difference.
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Second Illiteration
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

That's how I started to look at it. Sometime I used to spend an hour trying to get the neck and body skin to match up perfectly on dinos, but realized that you would really only notice it if you were right next to one of them (and if you were right next to one of them, he was probably eating you)
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Re: Victor Murillo Fan Art

Post by Draconisaurus »

SI, do you still have this dilo skin?