JR+ beta 2 released

Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

Troodon

JR+ beta 2 released

Post by Troodon »

In the JR+ beta 1 ReadMe file I promised I would also release a performance-enhanced beta 2, if and when possible. Here it is:

http://www.geocities.com/troodon_jr/levels

Yahoo only allow one download of that file per hour.

Do not delete your previous JR+ files yet. The 4.8MB jrplusb2.zip archive that you can download from the URL above contains three files:

jr.scn
jrk.scn
jr.grf

Just replace the old JR+ .scn and .grf files (jr.scn and jr.grf) with the new ones. File jr.scn should work with all CPUs and Tres executables. File jrk.scn was generated on an AMD K6-2 machine. If your CPU is a K6-2 and you are using one of the K6-2-optimized Trespasser executables then try jrk.scn rather than jr.scn for a potential further increase in FPS; if your Tres executable is not K6-2 optimized then it will likely crash upon/after loading jrk.scn. To find out what CPU is your trespass.exe optimized for, right-click the file, select Properties, then click the Version tab. To my knowledge, there are only two K6-2-optimized Trespasser executables:

tpassk6.exe (CD-ROM) "1.0.116.0 Trespasser K6-2 build"
trespass.exe (Patches) "1.0.117.0 Trespasser K6-2 build"

Enjoy! :)

Credit for the enhancements goes to our Honorable Engineer.
Last edited by Troodon on Mon Jul 28, 2003 9:01 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Asjad
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
Antispam: No

Post by Asjad »

how did u make enhancements?did Andres release some uttility or something? :?
Andres
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Andres »

Andres is in the process of making a utility :)
Dapper Dan
-=TresCom Elder=-
-=TresCom Elder=-

Post by Dapper Dan »

Cool Andres! I can't wait to torture it with Winex3! :twisted:

:wink:

Congratulations Troodon! I haven't played the first JR yet, but when I can get through all this stuff I'm going through now, it will be the first one I'll play! :)
Troodon

Post by Troodon »

Andres is to be congratulated for his breakthrough. He kindly allowed me to use a beta version of that utility for debugging purposes and, as it seemed to work with jr+, he agreed that I publicly release the updated files.