Help...please!

Discuss the game Trespasser here!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers

Tyrannosaur(Reg Problems)

Help...please!

Post by Tyrannosaur(Reg Problems) »

For some weird reason everytime I play Trespasser Anne's top disappears...not that I'm complaining, but I also get this white line across the screen (now takes up half). When I use Trespasser's Software Driver (I hate it because it makes it look pixelated) I have no problem whatsoever. I have a GeForce 4 MX 440 3D Card and I'm on an AMD 1.0 Ghz. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game over and over to the point of no end. I've tried upgrading my graphics card and then lowered it back to the Factory Settings.
Interesting thing is that it worked wonderful under the Primary Display Driver before; I didn't start encountering problems after installing the TresCom level (not blaming you guys) and updating my graphic card's drivers the first time. I just want to be able to get that pesky white line that hogs up the screen removed and Anne's top back.

Post by Guest »

Go to video, select new driver, then uncheck 'triple buffer' and if necessary, dither.

That, should do it.
Tyrannosaur(Reg Problems)

Post by Tyrannosaur(Reg Problems) »

Tried that. The flashing stopped, but the disappearance of Anne's top, shrubery, tree branches, and seeing through walls remain.
madppiper
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Post by madppiper »

Sorry, we got problems sending the mails right now. So new members can't receive the mail they'd need....

we'll be switching servers the following days... and after that, everything should be fine...

anyways, I'll activate your account manually
Tyrannosaur
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by Tyrannosaur »

Thank you. :)
Armorine
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Re: Help...please!

Post by Armorine »

Tyrannosaur(Reg Problems) wrote:For some weird reason everytime I play Trespasser Anne's top disappears...not that I'm complaining, but I also get this white line across the screen (now takes up half). When I use Trespasser's Software Driver (I hate it because it makes it look pixelated) I have no problem whatsoever. I have a GeForce 4 MX 440 3D Card and I'm on an AMD 1.0 Ghz. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game over and over to the point of no end. I've tried upgrading my graphics card and then lowered it back to the Factory Settings.
Interesting thing is that it worked wonderful under the Primary Display Driver before; I didn't start encountering problems after installing the TresCom level (not blaming you guys) and updating my graphic card's drivers the first time. I just want to be able to get that pesky white line that hogs up the screen removed and Anne's top back.

i have the exact same graphic card and i am getting the same problems...exact the same problems...(but i am running on a 1,8, but that doesnt matter)
and it can´t be fixed....sorry, i have tried everything too...
madppiper

Post by madppiper »

you can fix that error, by turning off the "tripple buffer" in the graphics menu!...

At least, that seemed to help for me...

In some cases you may also have to turn off the 'Dither' function...
Armorine
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by Armorine »

madppiper wrote:you can fix that error, by turning off the "tripple buffer" in the graphics menu!...

At least, that seemed to help for me...

In some cases you may also have to turn off the 'Dither' function...

Nooo!!!
i have tried that too...and checking and unchecking all possible combinations...

guess that some people have bad luck... :(
Tyrannosaur
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by Tyrannosaur »

Triple Buffer cleared up the flashing. Just...Anne's yeah...

Go here to see what I mean:

http://www.jpdatabase.net/database/tyra ... forovi.jpg

I played with it for hours to get the right combination. I'd get the flashing screen to stop, but not the damn disappearance of shrubery and top. When I run the TresCom level on my Primary (mostly everything checked) I have no problems.
IsToR
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by IsToR »

That can be fixed by installing older drivers.. What drivers are you currently using? I'm not sure if the older drivers work on a gforce 4, but I'll post a link in a moment anyways :)
Or you could try and reinstall the drivers you had before the problem started.
Last edited by IsToR on Fri Apr 25, 2003 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IsToR
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by IsToR »

go here http://download.guru3d.com/ then 'videocard drivers' and then choose an older driver.. I think about 14.40 is the "newest" of the older ones that don't cause the naked chick syndrome.. :)