Official JPDS Logo

Released! - Discuss progress and updates on the biggest Trespasser level endeavor ever, JPDS - a dark Tres mod by Draco and co.

Moderators: scallenger, JPDS Team

Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Official JPDS Logo

Post by Draconisaurus »

I've been thinking, Tom's original rendition of the JPDS logo was very cool:

I really like pretty much everything about it, like style and general feel, just what I think it should be, but I think we should try to make it a bit more original (not just a photoshoped JP/// logo). I was thinking in Chemistry today (surprise!) and I thought of an idea for it. We could use the basic design of the JP/// symbol, with Spino skeleton and pteras above forest, but instead of the red/grey steel theme it would be black-on-red (like the first 2 movies) and be covered with TLW-style cracks. We could bring this to two levels: the simple version, which you usually see in yellow, found mostly on toys and certain merchandise; or the official version, used for the speciallized promotions which looks like it's carved into stone. I know Tom can make new words in the stone-LW format so that would work, the tricky part would be getting the JP/// logo into this cracked stone-cut form. Tom, you think you can do it? I was thinking I may be able to but I'm not sure about it....

What y'all think?? :yes:
MikeTheRaptor
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Post by MikeTheRaptor »

The Logo's great! If Tom's got nothin' to do though, I see no reason why not to make other versions of it...

The fact that we even have a logo is a step ahead of what other Tres MODs have done :D
JPXTom
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by JPXTom »

Draco, it's not a modified JP3 logo...I jsutr used the SPinosaur as a sign of what is to be expected...not intentions for using the whole logo, just spinosaur.
DemonCarnotaur
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by DemonCarnotaur »

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing draco, I think the tlw/jp/// hybrid will work great
(Well, I was once part of the JPDS team)
- ChrisLikesDinos - JurassicOutpost - JurassicForums -
http://jurassicoutpost.com/
JPXTom
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by JPXTom »

Well, while we are on the topic of this, I think we should shoot for something original. Something totally new, not combining logos that have been done, but creating something. I think I can do it...but what do you think? Something totally new and cool, or combining 2 logos to form 1?
DemonCarnotaur
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by DemonCarnotaur »

If you do something new and orginal dont stray far from the jurassic park theme, keep some of the JP things in it, but what are you thinking of doing for the logo?
MikeTheRaptor

Post by MikeTheRaptor »

I always thought showing a cracked ingen logo would be cool. Represents the fall of inGen and it's remnants that are the rogue faction.

We also need a BioSyn logo made up to signify just the opposite, but really I'd love to see that cracking inGen logo...

Not sure what else ya could throw in, but still...
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

MikeTheRaptor wrote:I always thought showing a cracked ingen logo would be cool. Represents the fall of inGen and it's remnants that are the rogue faction.
O-M-G. Mike that has to be the best idea you've had yet. It's perfect. I agree the symbolism would be very cool and appropriate. Man that is so awesome.... I must think of how to do it right. Obviously the logo has to have the name, "JP: Dark Secrets," on it aswell.... I'm thinking we can have this thing underneath the main logo. We'll see. BTW does anyone remember the VERY first JP/// teaser posters? I do.... very thrilling moment as I remember. All it had were the 3 slashmarks, didn't say "Jurassic Park" ANYWHERE on the poster, yet I knew exactly what it meant. That kind of hidden suggestion has always appealed to me... we could have some of the early teaser posters just JUST this cracked InGen symbol, w/out saying JPDS anywhere on it.

Man this is a great idea thanks!!! 8)
JPXTom
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by JPXTom »

We all have some great ideas....maybe I dunno, a shadow of one of our new dinosaurs of the cracked logo? That would be sweet. or like a Spinosaurs foot in front of the logo?
DemonCarnotaur
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by DemonCarnotaur »

I really like the idea of the InGen logo, defintly aged and falling apart, and of course dark.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Wow.... this thread hasn't been used in a long time. Well, I'm going to give it a sort of update on all the logos we've had since Tom's early temp logo.

This was the early concept I had in mind for how I wanted our real logo to look, featuring the Spino and "DARK SECRETS" as the most prominent words:

Eventually, I created this logo in third trimester of my senior year at high school. It was made entirely with vectors and paths and all that junk, drawn ontop of JP logos and a famous megaraptor painting:

Later on, Trike took my rendering and gave it some very nice texturing. :yes: We wound up with this logo, which was used in early JPDS menus and the original JPDarkSecrets.com web/forum design:

This was a concept drawn up by Chris (DemonCarnotaur), using the website logo, in an attempt to make it more paleontologically-correct ;):

And this here is the final illustration by Trike, using Chris's suggestions for improvment and going retro with the color scheme, ending up to look quite nice 8):
TheGuy
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

Post by TheGuy »

Sweet logo Drac! :o

Btw, thanks for letting me be part of the JPDS team. :) I hope you won't mind me posting on some old threads. :P
ImageImage