Discuss the game Trespasser here!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers

ThatZenoGuy
Triceratops
Triceratops
Antispam: No

Fun Facts and Trivia about Trespasser

Post by ThatZenoGuy »

Making this thread with the intention of bringing out as many obscure and interesting tidbits about the game as possible. Please add to it with anything you think is not completely overt about the game!

-The Toxic Rifle was buffed dramatically from beta to retail, from 150 damage and 5 shots, to 750 damage and 3 shots. Enabling it to kill a T Rex with 3 headshots!
-The Lab's ocean is very obviously misplaced, being too far out to sea and too low on the Z axis, this is corroborated by the killboxes that exist where the sealevel 'should' be
-In theory the AK with drum mag can kill a T Rex on it's own, with 15 damage and 100 shots resulting in a headshot damage potential of 3000. However as dinosaurs regenerate, you will need a second weapon to finish it off for good.
-There's a total of around four raptors who have incorrect emotion values, which makes them friendly
-The final boss's random appearance from behind a building was lampshaded by the developers, who jokingly said "Who knows how it got up there?" as there's no way it followed you up there.
-Only a couple of raptors are actually programmed to fight other tribes, most are faulty and lack the variables to enable it
-The hidden Toxic rifle found in The Lab was foolishly not given the proper values, so it doesn't do much of anything
-Basically every melee item in the game was never given a damage value, meaning outside of high impact speeds they just sort of 'bop' raptors harmlessly.
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Re: Fun Facts and Trivia about Trespasser

Post by tatu »

-The Lab's ocean is very obviously misplaced, being too far out to sea and too low on the Z axis, this is corroborated by the killboxes that exist where the sealevel 'should' be
I don't think it is misplaced, it is meant to represent the tide I believe, due to the time of day in-game. The killboxes were probably added to avoid the player getting stuck down there :)
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
ThatZenoGuy
Triceratops
Triceratops

Post by ThatZenoGuy »

tatu wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2024 3:33 pm
I don't think it is misplaced, it is meant to represent the tide I believe, due to the time of day in-game. The killboxes were probably added to avoid the player getting stuck down there :)
One issue with that. Build 96's Pine Valley shows the water being where it 'should' be.
ThatZenoGuy
Triceratops
Triceratops

Post by ThatZenoGuy »

Another fun tidbit, there's a hidden VP70 in the 'machinegun jeep' in Industrial Jungle. It's wedged inside the model so I don't think you can obtain it in vanilla.

This is a hidden weapon which to my knowledge has not been documented anywhere.
Hilwo
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Post by Hilwo »

ThatZenoGuy wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 4:35 am Another fun tidbit, there's a hidden VP70 in the 'machinegun jeep' in Industrial Jungle. It's wedged inside the model so I don't think you can obtain it in vanilla.

Really? I don't think I knew about that, nice :) Can you share a screenshot? In case you're not aware, here is a bunch of stuff people have found in the game over the years.
ThatZenoGuy
Triceratops
Triceratops

Post by ThatZenoGuy »

Hilwo wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 5:46 am
ThatZenoGuy wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 4:35 am Another fun tidbit, there's a hidden VP70 in the 'machinegun jeep' in Industrial Jungle. It's wedged inside the model so I don't think you can obtain it in vanilla.

Really? I don't think I knew about that, nice :) Can you share a screenshot? In case you're not aware, here is a bunch of stuff people have found in the game over the years.
Sure! Here's a screenshot.

I discovered it by accident while modding vanilla's weapons lmao.
Hilwo
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Post by Hilwo »

ThatZenoGuy wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 5:56 amSure! Here's a screenshot.
Great to learn something new after so long, thanks! :D
ThatZenoGuy
Triceratops
Triceratops

Post by ThatZenoGuy »

Hilwo wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 7:46 am
ThatZenoGuy wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 5:56 amSure! Here's a screenshot.
Great to learn something new after so long, thanks! :D
You guys have taught me so much over a decade, it's only fair if I return the favor at least once haha.

Edit:

Another fun fact, the commonly mentioned 'damage strip' raptors have in their mouths, doesn't exist! I am genuinely curious as to how such a claim was created, as it's simply their head hitbox that causes the damage when their bite-action takes place.
tatu

Post by tatu »

I've known about that gun for ages (even since I did that guide for TresCity ;) ). There is also a hunter rifle inside the rock at the gravel site. But we know that the level changed height several times so it is probably from there, and how difficult it is to work on a level in 3ds Max like the devs did. :)
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
masterchiefoo7
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

Post by masterchiefoo7 »

In jungle road there is a "hidden" triceratops about 5 minutes into the level. Near the third Raptor and the first jeep. It's at the top of a hill that is normally inaccessible from what I recall. This is already documented but it's neat and out of the way.
Hammond: When they opened Disneyland in 1956, nothing worked!

Ian: Yeah, but when Pirates of the Caribbean breaks down, the pirates don't eat the tourists...

visit my website @ http://www.freewebs.com/masterchiefoo7
Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Nick3069 »

masterchiefoo7 wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 5:06 pmIn jungle road there is a "hidden" triceratops about 5 minutes into the level. Near the third Raptor and the first Jeep. It's at the top of a hill that is normally inaccessible from what I recall. This is already documented but it's neat and out of the way.
You can climb the hill behind the triceratops to reach the top of the waterfall and skip the box-stacking puzzle next to the telephone.
ThatZenoGuy
Triceratops
Triceratops

Post by ThatZenoGuy »

Allegedly early in development Anne wasn't supposed to get a good sight-picture with guns when first picking them up, the intention was to make the arm system actually have purpose.

Then later they got concerned that players wouldn't be able to hit the broad side of a barn and the guns were set up to be in near-ideal positions when picked up, which caused some of the developers to lament that now the arm had much less purpose for existing.

I still like the fact you can engage 'gangsta mode' on raptors.