Tatu's Random Discoveries!

Discuss early Trespasser builds and all other early Trespasser stuff here! Discover more amazing stuff about the game!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

Tatu's Random Discoveries!

Post by tatu »

A topic where I thought I would put small random discoveries during my Isla Sorna project work. As I tend to compare everything between builds, I sometimes notice some smaller changes they made that may not be noticeable to most people.
Click on Image
(Click on thumbnail for full size)
I had never noticed that the MP5 had a small "optimization" made from build 96 and 116, with the handle removed. The top gun is build 96, and the bottom gun is build 116. This is also applied to the non-silenced version.
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Re: Tatu's Random Discoveries!

Post by TheIdiot »

I had noticed the different texture before but always thought both models of the MP 5k were in B116. Odd that they retextured it as well, the old texture looks more accurate to the actual weapon it seems. I'm not sure if the grip is actually able to be detached on the actual weapon, either, as I typically whenever it appears in other games it has the grip attached (I know next-to-nothing about modern weapons though so I'm probably wrong).
Isn't there a version somewhere that doesn't have the suppressor? Or was that fan-made?
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Well, tha handle on the real thing is, of xourse, removable, and there is a non-silenced version in the game...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
tatu
Antispam: No

Post by tatu »

Yes as machf said (and me in my initial post), this applies to the non-silencer as well in the game. I only posted a picture of the silenced one because it was the one I saw first, and I sent this to Hilwo.
And I didn't actually notice the texture... that's cool!
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
MinePass
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by MinePass »

So interesting bit here, so the fire or safety switch area (above the gun's trigger if I'm confusing anyone) is quite different between versions. First has a more defined switch and orange lettering for either option. Then it's changed to being more of a nob with three options in White lines with one having text and then the orange area being replaced with black letters or numbers, serial code perhaps?
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Did some quick research and it looks like the grip is detachable via bolts, but the upper part of it is also part of the grip itself, so it shouldn't be present in the texture on the detached version. Likely the developers didn't have time to fix it, or missed it due to an oversight.
MinePass wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 10:58 am So interesting bit here, so the fire or safety switch area (above the gun's trigger if I'm confusing anyone) is quite different between versions. First has a more defined switch and orange lettering for either option. Then it's changed to being more of a nob with three options in White lines with one having text and then the orange area being replaced with black letters or numbers, serial code perhaps?
From what I found, it looks like the two textures seem to represent different production models of the MP 5k. The "orange" (actually pinkish-red) version is a different variant from the "white" one and has a different fire-mode selector switch - the "lettering" is an indicator for which fire-mode it is set to. Looks like the "white" one is a more modern variant, so I'm guessing it was changed to represent the more recent version instead of the Cold War-period one.