Trespasser level designs awards competition

Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

Deagles4life
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Trespasser level designs awards competition

Post by Deagles4life »

I've had a funny idea, what if we held votes on the best Trespasser level of the year and sent out little statuettes
We could also do different categories to vote on like:
  • canonical levels
  • non canon experimental levels
  • most innovative level
  • Best up and coming designer
  • Best coder
  • Best modeller
ETC

I 3d printed the boroughs statue in the town level, it's not perfect I need to touch up the 3d model a lot more
And dial in the printer settings to get it right, but could you imagine sending off these as awards to the best and
brightest of our level designers, I'd be happy to work on the model more and do the printing and shipping if we can
make this an official thing, I'd love to see the best designers have a piece of Trespasser in real life to celebrate their talents.
Maybe even encourage more to get started, it would be a really cool annual event in my opinion, what do you guys think?

Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Re: Trespasser level designs awards competition

Post by Nick3069 »

While I'm all for recognizing the great work and effort from this community, I don't think there are enough levels being released per year to justify a yearly award.
What levels even came out last year? InGen Compound, Palm Gate, and handful of unfinished levels, I think.
Deagles4life
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by Deagles4life »

True, maybe we could do an of all time award first then it could be an every two years thing
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

Post by tatu »

It would be cool to have something similar. In any case my big vote would be on Rebel, who's made fantastic levels, which are actual complete, along with new interesting puzzles. There are more fantastic people here, but for me Rebel would get my #1 vote :D
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Deagles4life
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by Deagles4life »

I definitely agree Rebel would be guaranteed one by their outstanding contributions!
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

This is a cool idea, I like the sound of it. I'd recommend doing an "thanks for all the hard work" award maybe at least for the TresCom veterans, especially the administrators and website managers. I think they deserve it for keeping this place alive for 20 years. :)
Deagles4life
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by Deagles4life »

TheIdiot wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:46 pm This is a cool idea, I like the sound of it. I'd recommend doing an "thanks for all the hard work" award maybe at least for the TresCom veterans, especially the administrators and website managers. I think they deserve it for keeping this place alive for 20 years. :)
That's a really good idea, I gotta fix up the printer as it's got some issues but I've made a couple more statues but still figuring out the right size, also could be cool to make a raptor statue and I could try to paint in like a tribe B raptor or keep it metallic like the boroughs statue
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Post by Draconisaurus »

I think this is a neat idea. Perhaps just 1 winner, since there aren't many mods per year. The TC Isle contest had 1 winner IIRC.