Discuss the game Trespasser here!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers

HackFraud
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg
Antispam: No

How to use mounted weapons

Post by HackFraud »

I did a recent play through of Trespasser, and I once again tried my damnedest to use the mounted weapons but I still have no idea how. They just wobble all over the place and I can never get to them to go where I want. Does anyone have a proper technique? Or are they just impossible to use.
codemuk3y
Triceratops
Triceratops

Re: How to use mounted weapons

Post by codemuk3y »

That has been my experience with them too, basically impossible to use properly. I normally bypass them.
"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of Giants" Isaac Newton
Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Nick3069 »

They are not impossible to use, but they are very tricky. I can usually use the one on the truck in IJ well enough to kill the albertosaurus and a few raptors, but I find that all the other ones are too inconvenient to use. The .50 cal at the end of LAB can be used somewhat effectively against the 1 raptor if you crouch and position yourself correctly, but you're better off just running in with Nedry's mace.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

The trick is crouching so that your arm is level with the gun trigger... then you can handle them properly.
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files