new guns?

Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

Markosaur
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

new guns?

Post by Markosaur »

hey u guys think its possible to make new guns?
well it should shouldnt it?
seem to recall somone found Roland's rife or one like it, anyone thing one could make it working? cause that would be cool lol.
Oooh ahhh thats how it starts, and then later there's running and screaming
- Ian Malcom: The Lost World
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

You can actually make any object into a gun; the design or appearance of an object has nothing to do with it. To be proper, you need a flash originator, a barrel and a recoil originator to complete a gun, along with the mags for Anne to hold it properly. However, bare minimum, you could get away with just a barrel if you delete the recoil and flash values with a gun script.
Markosaur
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by Markosaur »

cool! than maybe we can have a mounted minigun lol hey i know, a shoot em up arcade arena lol u sit in a copter at a minigun a'la The Matrix and shoot at Rexe's and Albert's and raptors comming lol :P
Liku
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus

Post by Liku »

Or... the HL2 Manipulator. ~_^
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

I guess it's time to check this thread again:

http://dynamic5.gamespy.com/~trescom/bo ... sc&start=0
Markosaur
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by Markosaur »

Hmmm as for Rocket launchers on that post there is place for them in Tres, in the book Jurassic Park muldoon had rocket launchers.
tresman
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by tresman »

Lol! That was my post way back before I registered! :lol:
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

Quote from Star Trek's President of Earth (quite possibly the worst speech I ever heard).

".... just because we can do a thing, doesn't mean that we should do a thing...."

Who the hell wrote that!? :lol:
the ARK
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by the ARK »

"... but in this case we should."
This is truly one of the most disappointing moments in gaming history. Gamers are being reduced to digging through the game's installed files to discover what was supposed to happen in the game they just bought.
spinaxoraptor
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Re: new guns?

Post by spinaxoraptor »

You know I always wondered how to make guns I am only more familiar with dinosaur modding than objects or maps but I am planning on level making.
Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Nick3069 »

spinaxoraptor wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 3:49 am You know I always wondered how to make guns I am only more familiar with dinosaur modding than objects or maps but I am planning on level making.
We have had tons of new guns for a long time, just look at The Armory, its full of them:
https://www.trescom.org/download/the-armory/
Why are you resurrecting 20 year old threads? You shouldn't do that unless you have something of value to add or to ask a question relating to the topic.

If you're asking how to rig a gun for use in Trespasser, it's actually much simpler than dinosaurs. All you really need to do is align and resize your new gun model so it matches one of the games existing guns, then it's just a matter of renaming all the old gun's magnets and $ objects so they match the new gun.
Last edited by Nick3069 on Wed Mar 22, 2023 4:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
spinaxoraptor
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by spinaxoraptor »

Nick3069 wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 4:28 am
spinaxoraptor wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 3:49 am You know I always wondered how to make guns I am only more familiar with dinosaur modding than objects or maps but I am planning on level making.
We have had tons of new guns for a long time, just look at The Armory, its full of them:
https://www.trescom.org/download/the-armory/
Why are you resurrecting 20 year old threads? You shouldn't do that unless you have something of value to add or to ask a question relating to the topic.

If you're asking how to rig a gun for use in Trespasser, it's actually must simpler than dinosaurs. All you really need to do is align and resize your new gun model so it matches one of the games existing guns, then it's just a matter of renaming all the old gun's magnets and $ objects so they match the new gun.
You see that's exactly what I was asking thank you for telling me that.also I dont acknowledge the posts dates so sorry abt that.