Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Re: MinePass

Post by Draconisaurus »

Huh TI, I see your meanings of the vast differences, but I do still believe the map shows that Cocos's original topography was used as a starting point for putting together terrain which would fit their story. PV in particular seems to me as having been pointed out by them and then modified to make a good level.

Too bad I can't afford plane tickets.
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Huh TI, I see your meanings of the vast differences, but I do still believe the map shows that Cocos's original topography was used as a starting point for putting together terrain which would fit their story. PV in particular seems to me as having been pointed out by them and then modified to make a good level.
Yeah, my guess is that the topography might have been similar, and the Tres developers greatly exagerrated it in order to get the base for their island. The might have increased it moreso around "Mount Watson" in order to make it more pronounced as it is just so different in real life.
Too bad I can't afford plane tickets.
Well, remember what happened to Anne when she tried to fly over the island... :wink:
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Well it's not like I'm signing up for Dino Soar or some such. xP
MinePass
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by MinePass »

New year, new update, and a new download.

In the time since the last update, I've built the IJ 2 swamp and lake areas, the school is getting an update (though the interior is still a wip, its following the design of the Tres version), the Lab buildings are seeing work as well with the bio and admin having functional lights along with some cosmetic updates, the office building at the harbor too is functional. And lastly the infamous and mysteries cabin has found its home at the tar pit-this could be temporary but regardless the design is there. Plenty mores been done but I've forgotten what that would be, until next update. :pirate: https://www.mediafire.com/file/nv12y0km ... 3.zip/file
Minecraft 1_31_2023 10_00_44 PM.png
Minecraft 1_31_2023 10_00_44 PM.png (8.26 MiB) Viewed 54115 times
Minecraft 1_31_2023 9_58_25 PM.png
Minecraft 1_31_2023 9_58_25 PM.png (7.78 MiB) Viewed 54115 times
Minecraft 1_31_2023 10_01_46 PM.png
Minecraft 1_31_2023 10_01_46 PM.png (6.95 MiB) Viewed 54115 times
Also credit to Joshua Brodie on my YT video showcase 2 for his suggestion to change the black wool to chains for the telephone pole wires, was originally black wool. Now the wires are less obstructive.
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Post by tatu »

It looks fantastic in the images. I am gonna say that this is the main Trespasser remake that has actually been done and made massive progress :D
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
spinaxoraptor
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by spinaxoraptor »

Pretty neat that looks exhausting by doing brick by brick
MinePass
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by MinePass »

So, let's ignore the embarrassing fact that my last update here was in February. Hope you all had a great Christmas with friends, family, or that cat that has made its mission to get into the tree. In celebration of New Years, we have a new progress video and a new download. So, sit back, enjoy, have a look around, and do yourself a favor and let the cat have the tree. :batman:

Two important things to note, I fixed the messy biome changes from using amulet in areas. And there's a new issue where chunks of the Deepslate layers have not formed thus leaving a choppy mess. Rest assured that this will be fixed at some point.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/68sktn67 ... 3.zip/file

https://youtu.be/y_G7E7LQmrw?si=qwbHZDYdwBhDaWfq
(resource pack used) - Universal pack v1.3.9 is created by (Youtube TheAlexander) (Facebook The Alexander) (Twitter @The_AlexanderG)
Last edited by MinePass on Wed Jan 03, 2024 1:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Hmmmm where do we find the video?
tatu

Post by tatu »

Neat!
I have included this in the latest news post!

@Draco - you probably missed the video, but MinePass did wrote that video was coming later in their post (but there is now a link) :)
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

I did get around to watching it. It's so nice to see Tres Sorna covered in facilities. So many!

And I still think double-posting is fine. Realistically no one goes back to check previous posts in case they were edited.
MinePass
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by MinePass »

Woohoo I made the fridge again. :D Definitely my bad for not making that clearer on the video, really wasn't expecting that long of an upload time.