My latest level.

Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Re: My latest level.

Post by TheIdiot »

"\MAPS\LVL\ExampleTPAs" which has a blank version of each of the 3 main TPA files.
Isn't there a download for a blank .TPA file somewhere around here? Also I think TPA Player is capable of making new ones, or at least EffectsEditor is.
morningstarring
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by morningstarring »

TheIdiot wrote:
"\MAPS\LVL\ExampleTPAs" which has a blank version of each of the 3 main TPA files.
Isn't there a download for a blank .TPA file somewhere around here? Also I think TPA Player is capable of making new ones, or at least EffectsEditor is.
there's a blank .TPA bundled with the TPA editor in tres millenium. I haven't tried using a blank TPA basically because I don't know how yet. it seemed easier just to add sounds to the retail TPA files.
morningstarring
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

looked into the T-script for the elevator in as2. I always thought it was a neat mechanic. I got the basics down I suppose.

https://streamable.com/lidsc4
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

Post by tatu »

morningstarring wrote:
TheIdiot wrote:
there's a blank .TPA bundled with the TPA editor in tres millenium. I haven't tried using a blank TPA basically because I don't know how yet. it seemed easier just to add sounds to the retail TPA files.
I'd recommend just making a new TPA with TPAPlayer, as it is possible the blank TPA included in that is the old one that has some bugs.
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Aha! Great scripting. The elevator is a tricky one. I never got around to trying to make one, myself. I am soon releasing again a level called "Drac~Test", it might have some scripted events that inspire you. Basically the level is only script-testing in multiple small areas.
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Nice work on the elevator. It can be really tricky to get that sort of thing working.

I'll bet you could use similar scripting for an automatic sliding door or something similar.
morningstarring
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Draconisaurus wrote:Aha! Great scripting. The elevator is a tricky one. I never got around to trying to make one, myself. I am soon releasing again a level called "Drac~Test", it might have some scripted events that inspire you. Basically the level is only script-testing in multiple small areas.
i think a even a very small map could seem large/engaging with interesting scripts
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

I desire to point out The Four Towers elevators. They use one-touch buttons instead of constant-hold buttons, which might be important depending on the situation. They are found in the hexagon-shapes lab over in the grey terrain area, of the extended version.
morningstarring
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

TheIdiot wrote:Nice work on the elevator. It can be really tricky to get that sort of thing working.

I'll bet you could use similar scripting for an automatic sliding door or something similar.
I'm going to play around and see what more I can come up with. it helped me get a better grasp on more complex scripting at least
Draconisaurus wrote:I desire to point out The Four Towers elevators. They use one-touch buttons instead of constant-hold buttons, which might be important depending on the situation. They are found in the hexagon-shapes lab over in the grey terrain area, of the extended version.
i think it could be accomplished by scripting the push force to be applied for a specific duration. I remember reading something in the T-script reference that would make it possible
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

I haven't been able to play any levels lately, but I think this is the one Shadfyre covered via utube. I think you did a good job
here. It was a well thought out level, and with puzzle elements. Fine job, bud.
morningstarring
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Rebel wrote:I haven't been able to play any levels lately, but I think this is the one Shadfyre covered via utube. I think you did a good job
thanks! and thanks again for telling me about the LP. it was cool seeing someone play my level. he did another of my first level redwood road.
CommanderGrade
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by CommanderGrade »

morningstarring wrote:
Rebel wrote:I haven't been able to play any levels lately, but I think this is the one Shadfyre covered via utube. I think you did a good job
thanks! and thanks again for telling me about the LP. it was cool seeing someone play my level. he did another of my first level redwood road.

wow, you did Redwood Road? thats a wery cool and nice looking level. i saw Shadefyres LP of this level yesterday. great job buddy
Commander Grade

The Global Network

https://globalnetworkforum.proboards.com/
spinaxoraptor
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by spinaxoraptor »

That looks sick! You know I remember using your level for my own because there was an empty space I used with og dinosaurs from the retail.