Drac~Test

Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Re: Drac~Test

Post by machf »

OK, here's another possibility: if you had an earlier version of the level and Trespasser copied the level files to its main folder, it may not have deleted them and sicne they don't correspond to the version you currently are attempting to run, you'd get something like that... try removing the copies of level files from Trespasser's main folder (NOT the CD\data folder!) so that Trespasser will copy them anew...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Post by Draconisaurus »

Oh right. Tres CE can play levels directly out of the custom \mods\ _ _ _ folder, without it being in the data folder, for whatever reason. Found out by accident one time when I wanted to store a level there temporarily.
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

machf wrote:OK, here's another possibility: if you had an earlier version of the level and Trespasser copied the level files to its main folder, it may not have deleted them and sicne they don't correspond to the version you currently are attempting to run, you'd get something like that... try removing the copies of level files from Trespasser's main folder (NOT the CD\data folder!) so that Trespasser will copy them anew...
Already checked that, was one of the first things I suspected. A GUIApp check might help resolve this though. I'm also going to quickly look at the rendering settings in the actual level and see if there's anything there that might be off.
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Post by tatu »

TheIdiot wrote:A GUIApp check might help resolve this though. I'm also going to quickly look at the rendering settings in the actual level and see if there's anything there that might be off.
I took a look, and nothing stands out, not that would cause invisible objects at least AFAIK. However, moving around the start area in GUIApp gives this error:
"Terminal Error: code 1015 at 779 in .\Source\Lib\Renderer\PipeLine.cpp"
I have no idea what it means but the level works fine moving around if you press ignore but it still reports on that error.

PS: Stop using base mesh that do not end with "-00", GUIApp reports it as an error :P
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

tatu wrote:I took a look, and nothing stands out, not that would cause invisible objects at least AFAIK.
Alright, darn...
However, moving around the start area in GUIApp gives this error:
"Terminal Error: code 1015 at 779 in .\Source\Lib\Renderer\PipeLine.cpp"
I have no idea what it means but the level works fine moving around if you press ignore but it still reports on that error.
Huh. Well it is a test level. Various unusual things that might give unusual errors. For some reason the set-up of small clusters of objects with great distances between, comes to mind as one, but I'm not sure why this might be more or less significant.
PS: Stop using base mesh that do not end with "-00", GUIApp reports it as an error :P
Haha, I remember that GUIApp error from years back. And well in the past year or more I've been more strict about object names, including always adding -00 and usually 01-00, 02-00 etc. Of course CAnimals and Anne bring up the error naturally. What objects didn't end in -00?
tatu

Post by tatu »

Draconisaurus wrote:
Haha, I remember that GUIApp error from years back. And well in the past year or more I've been more strict about object names, including always adding -00 and usually 01-00, 02-00 etc. Of course CAnimals and Anne bring up the error naturally. What objects didn't end in -00?
Haha. I know GUIApp doesn't like those triggers either without the -00. However I am unsure if they actually cause any issues in-game.
IIRC it was some foliage. :P
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Oh heh. Those are from LoneHunter by enigma, and I don't like to change fan-made model names these days.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Any other interesting stories from the level? Or any tests people are thinking of putting in their own work?
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

I'm going to try to check this out on my crappy laptop, but seeing that I'm getting like 5 fps, it's really annoying trying to
play levels. Even TresEd jerks around, makes it truly difficult to do anything.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Hmm, maybe min settings in software mode? The CE trespasser.ini lets you set DX9 to false.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Soooo previously, on Trespasser Adventures... I announced that the final version of Drac~Test had been released. The case has come that this is not true; I've been working on it again for a while, and plan to keep it up for some time. Fair number of things going on in it, and planned to be. I'm having a nice time putting together some new building blocks and their constructions. TptDac was right... they do move in blocks.....
Drac~Test_Reception.png
Drac~Test_Reception.png (349.54 KiB) Viewed 2394 times
In Zone 2, I've been setting up blocks. First was a nice little sort-of-Ops-Centery building.
Drac~Test_BldBlckOps.png
Drac~Test_BldBlckOps.png (429.53 KiB) Viewed 2394 times
Then I went around in TptDac's TheFourTowers for a bit, studying his work. I've come to notice that the lab he started his mod in, LAB, was already frequently composed of smaller parts. A window board here, a fence-looking stair piece there, some random metal pole... It turns out that other levels, even like IT, are not made with such models available. However, PV is. And Dac didn't have PV.
Drac~Test_PVblocks.png
Drac~Test_PVblocks.png (603.57 KiB) Viewed 2394 times
So, I'm busy.
spinaxoraptor
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by spinaxoraptor »

Pretty cool :yes:
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Thanks! Anything in particular stand out?