Nothing shows up in TPDC!?!?!?

Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

Remdul
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Remdul »

Aha, that's very usefull. Still not sure what exactly could cause it but judging from the image the frame buffer doesn't get cleared (which is handled by OpenGL, and thus the gfx card drivers) so I know where to look. Doesn't seem to have anything to do with bad drivers as the watersim app does work.

I'll take another peek and try to sort things out.

Can anyone confirm that the latest version of TPDC does work on ATI cards? Maybe even the same type?

* Btw, Second Illiteration, did previous versions of TPDC work?
hppav
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-
Antispam: No

Post by hppav »

I have a 9000 series ATI Radeon card (Don't know which exactly) and it works fine.
Album 1 http://m.imgur.com/a/cRA26
Album 2 http://imgur.com/a/6tvKV
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom leaked and (few) official photos
Remdul
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Remdul »

Thanks hppav.

@Second Illiteration; I've compiled a new version that might solve the problem. This also fixes the flickering of the selection rectangle.

http://home.planet.nl/~buijs512/_temp/tpdc021.zip

Put it in the TPDC 0.2 directory, replace the old "tpdc.exe".

If you can confirm it works I'll recompile for the official release. Let me know what driver version and card type you have (for the record).

Technical info: I used GDI to draw the selection rect on top of the viewport after it was rendered (however, GDI and OpenGL don't mix well). That made it refresh twice per frame (causing the flickering). So this may have interfered with the framebuffer updates with some drivers/cards. The selection rectangle is now drawn using OpenGL, so it continues to work on all other machines.
Second Illiteration
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Second Illiteration »

I can't remember if the previous version worked....anyway I'll give what you said a try and be back shortly
Second Illiteration
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

OK....

Still no grid shows up, but what happened in the second image I posted doesn't happen anymore...

but still no grid and still no visible dino.

I believe it's loading up fine because I can select skin meshes and shadow meshes and what not, I just don't ever see anything.

EDIT: Also, the older version of TPDC doesn't work either...I have the same problems as I do with the current version
Remdul
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Remdul »

Hmm, very strange. As you said, all stuff seems to work fine, even the fps counter, but it just doesn't show.

Could you post your driver/card version?

* Did some searching, I've come across a few cases in which ATI cards failed to render anything if anti-aliased lines where drawn. However, there wheren't any in the previous release, but there where aa-points, so that may count as well.

Download this new version:

http://home.planet.nl/~buijs512/_temp/tpdc021.zip

Few things you'll have to test for me with this one:

1) What color does the viewport now have?

2) Go to options menu and uncheck "Anti-Aliased Points/Lines". Does the viewport work now?

3) Restart TPDC

4) Press CTRL + F11

5) Enter "nosleep" (without the quotes), this pops up a window, close it. Does the viewport now work?

If none of this works it could possibly be an driver issue, because it works for everyone else, and even the watersim app runs on your system...
Second Illiteration
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

i'm off to give all those a try, and I'll report back in a second...

by the way thanks for all the help
Second Illiteration
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

1. Viewport is now black
2. Turning of the anti aliasing or whatever didn't seem to work
3.,4.,5. Nothing....

so it must be a driver issue...let me see if I can get info about it
Remdul
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Remdul »

If your viewport remains black that means that the buffer isn't updated/refreshed properly. Seems like data is send to the card (framerate is relatively low compared to when nothing is send to the GPU).

You can try updating/downgrading your drivers, play a bit with the card settings (I noticed an ATI tool in your systray, you'll probably find some options in there).

Not much on my end I can do.
Second Illiteration
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

well...i guess I'm just unlucky...no updates for my driver, and beyond that I don't know what to do...

thanks for you're help though
spinaxoraptor
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Re: Nothing shows up in TPDC!?!?!?

Post by spinaxoraptor »

Happens to me too if the error occurs I can help if you are still having these problemes.