Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

Asjad
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
Antispam: No

high Detail

Post by Asjad »

somebody really ought to work on preventing this detail loss and write a simple tool which can add all bumpmaps and render all objects with their full detail like they are in the original levels.if u look at the screen of the week,the T-rex :no: "say cheez" notice how much detail is lost.
i know this type of task requires a lot of effort and time but is possible like the elimination of the level slow down.If someone knows programming language,(i dont or else i would have looked into it)then i suggest writing a command or line a day,in a few months this problem too can be done for. :yes:
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

Well, I think that picture looks just fine. Beyond that, Tres is much more than just dinosaurs --
the ARK
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by the ARK »

Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing a hi-rez Tres.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

So, the root of the problem is actually generating a bumpmap for the textures, right? Aren't there any tools for that? Isn't there any way to extract the bumpmaps from the existing skins and re-combine them with new ones? I mean, in the case of just modified skins, it shouldn't be too hard, the real problem would be with skins for completely new models...
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

Andres wrote:.......curved bumpmaps, which is what dinos are. Curved bumpmaps really are a pain, and I don't intend to figure out how to import them into Trespasser. Sorry :oops:
the ARK
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by the ARK »

What about other objects?
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

But that would only be necessary for new models, right? Altered textures shouldn't need all that trouble.
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

If you're using swpadd (swpreplace as Andres likes to call it), it shouldn't matter, bumpmaps are already there and assigned. Beyond the dinos though, there's very few objects that use bumpmapping. The gold bar, door in testscene.... a few guns. Can't think of anything else --
Asjad
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

Post by Asjad »

it will take a lot of effort but it is worth it.......i mean then its also useless to do other things,like make new models,new levels,edit existing ones....just sit home and just play the game the way its made. :no: its possible to do so,even if its done at a very very slow pace... :|
If someone knows programming skills,then i request him again that he gives it at LEAST a try... :yes:
Asjad
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

Post by Asjad »

Please..........if someone is willing to work on it....who knows computer languages...please do give it a try.... :wink:like some feed back btw.
spinaxoraptor
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Re: high Detail

Post by spinaxoraptor »

It is low res mainly due to its dimension size like 256 x 256 because you need that size for dinosaurs or objects.