TI's Mega Jungle (Resource) - Released!

Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Re: TI's Mega Jungle (Resource) - Released!

Post by TheIdiot »

Draconisaurus wrote: Oh, one thing. Sometimes evergreens grow in unusual shapes. The other day I was thinking Tres could use some of those.
Hmm, do you have an example of that? Most of the coniferous trees you see around here generally stand straight as a Christmas tree, and the evergreens in MegaJungle were base mostly on pines and cedars.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Post by Draconisaurus »

Hmm a Google image search for "gnarled pine" turns up some nice ones, tho I've seen better and less-dead ones.
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Aaah, okay, I see what you mean. I'm personally not a huge fan of modelling that sort of very distinct-looking tree, though - might be that I've seen too much of that sort of thing in other various video games. I find that when you make trees that look distinct like that from other trees, you start noticing the repetitive models a lot faster.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Hmmm I see what you mean. Still, I went outside and snapped this pic of a tree across the street:

Shit, can't upload this from my phone..
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Accidentally imported a new fence that I'd made for fun into MegaJungle instead of my test level, so I guess it'll just have to be in the next release! :P
Click on Image
(Click on thumbnail for full size)
The fence is meant to be based on those described in the novel, although I seem to have missed a couple of details I found after digging the book out, so for now they're just called "green fence". I've wanted to do some novel-related stuff for a while and decided to do this quickly as an exercise...would love to do the Land Rovers at some point as well. There are signs for "High Voltage" and "Do Not Approach Fence" that are meant to attach to it, but I forgot to update their X-form in Max before exporting, so they don't look right. Will have to fix that before the next update.

The level itself is really unstable now - looks like I've gone a little bit too far with the detail (fine by me, that was the point of the level anyway!), so future screenshots might have to be in TresEd.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Hmmmm looks neat... Honestly, while we're all cooped up like this, why not work on a Trespasser mod you can finish in a few weeks?...
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Draconisaurus wrote:Hmmmm looks neat... Honestly, while we're all cooped up like this, why not work on a Trespasser mod you can finish in a few weeks?...
Don't really feel like turning my attention to a smaller level unless the concept is really sound, honestly. Unfortunately I'm severely lacking in the creativity department these days. :|
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Might I recommend the SNES mod, in these special circumstances..
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Post by tatu »

Love the new fence! Overall I think Trespasser lack a variation of models of the same type. Like desks or chairs, there is only a few different ones.

I personally don't recommend jumping into a new project unless you are in the mood for it. It will just end up getting abandoned and another project you feel forced to finish.
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

WHAAAAA? Another update?! :P

This one is a larger update, bringing in some of my newer updated assets from Cloning Facility, plus a couple of totally brand-new ones. There is also a different folder structure, and I have placed this level in my own "TI~levels" modfolder, which in the future will contain any levels I create along with their external textures and my "universal" TPA files (though right now it is rather empty). These changes were enough for me to declare this to Version 1.0 - while the "playable" area is still mostly empty, there is still a lot to use in this repository level. Hopefully you guys put these new assets to work soon enough!
In the future, I will be creating a seperate link for the "texhw" folder's contents so that you can just download that instead when I update my levels as they will all share the same textures now. I suggest you go into whatever location you had previously placed my TI~MegaJungle level inside of and delete it, as well as its respective subfolders within the texhw folder. This version makes all of those files redundant.

Enjoy!
https://www.mediafire.com/file/xlqqppqp ... 0.zip/file

The new assets (might have missed some as well):

Remakes of Trespasser "Cuban Palms", which line up 1:1 with the originals, as well as the RTJP "Hawaiian Palm" Tres remakes.
Click on Image
Remakes of the Trespasser "Palm2" trees. Includes vanilla replacer which matches the original footprint (scale and pivot don't line up exactly to vanilla trees, so be careful!) as well as new higher-poly versions in standard, bent and short variations.
Click on Image
Retextured and re-physic'd TC~Isle rocks. The old rocks are redundant at this point and were left for compatibility reasons.
Click on Image
New sand textures as well as a mossy cover texture, which goes well with the "jungle" textures or on cliffs:
Click on Image
New 3D swamp grass and a "floating" version of the moss texture - put this on walls or over water!
Click on Image
EDIT: Oh, and, er, I ended up deleting that new fence model I showcased as I was having trouble with the meshes. It will be included in future releases. Only the textures are present in the texhw folder for now.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

These new assets seem cool. Despite that I prefer original and/or low detail versions, I am eyeing that swamp grass. Might put it in something eventually. Sand variety is cool too.
tatu

Post by tatu »

It is nice with more different foliage assets for people to use in their own levels, to make them look less generic. :)
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Thanks guys. :) The hope is that eventually there will be enough variety in MegaJungle that it's possible to make a number of different environments out of these assets.
spinaxoraptor
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by spinaxoraptor »

Thank you I'm making a level myself so this is a great resource.
gooplieslime
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by gooplieslime »

Just thought maybe there should be Base MegaJungle level that basically serves the same role as Base TresJungle as being a base level modders could use but with higher poly objects and new terrain objects as well. Along with fixing the blood textures palette. Maybe I could make a one and maybe make some Base TresForest for people wanting to make a level with trespassers assets for a forest.
Profile done by Mortis.

Slime from another planet, reaching out to other communities and such. Obtaining new materials for his species.
Gathering new friends or allies.
Reaching out for the marvelous world out there