JPOG dinosaur models?

Discuss the game Trespasser here!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers

Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Re:

Post by Nick3069 »

machf wrote:Remember that reptiles can open their mouth far more than us...

Bunch of whiners... :wink:
Damn, I've been looking for that download link for a while but when I finally find it it turns out it was hosted on a now dead website, RapidShare. You wouldn't happen to have hosted the file elsewhere, machf?
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Re: JPOG dinosaur models?

Post by machf »

Nope.
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Post by Draconisaurus »

*can't be bothered to read thread* Is this the OG rex with the fixed mouth? The regular one IIRC is the one included in contestlev.
Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Nick3069 »

Yes, I'm looking for the one with the fixed mouth. The thread is actually about where to download the JPOG models for Trespasser in general, but I and others were "whining" about the mouth so machf posted a linked to a fix he whipped up. Side note, I can't find the site where you could download those allong with models for Protoceratops and Diplodocus.
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Nick3069 wrote:Yes, I'm looking for the one with the fixed mouth. The thread is actually about where to download the JPOG models for Trespasser in general, but I and others were "whining" about the mouth so machf posted a linked to a fix he whipped up. Side note, I can't find the site where you could download those allong with models for Protoceratops and Diplodocus.
I've never actually even seen this "fixed mouth" T-rex; I had to make my own for RTJP. Not sure if it's around at all anymore. You could use the quick fix of assigning the "float Mouth = " value to the OG Rex, though...set it to maybe 0.75 or something like that and it might look a bit better.

Pretty sure the proto and diplo can be downloaded from the Tres File Archive in Draco's signature.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

The simplest way to fix the mouth is actually to go into TresEd and rotate the bone for the jaw so that it matches the open position...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

I'm sure the fixed mouth one was released in one or more fan mods but I can't remember which ones.
Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Nick3069 »

If the wide mouth issue can be solved by rotating bones and/or changing tscript values, I'll give those a try. Thanks.

As far as I remember, it wasn't released in any level, but I could be wrong. It went under the radar for most people.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Nick3069 wrote:If the wide mouth issue can be solved by rotating bones and/or changing tscript values, I'll give those a try. Thanks.
No t-script values. Just import the dinosaur into a level, open the level in TresEd, then rotate the jawbone (which nornally is aligned with the head bone in a "closed" position) so that it matches the current angle of the mouth, and that should do it.

Or maybe you can edit the angle in the .tpm file itself before importing, but you'd need to know the proper value for the angle...

(that's another thing in the "to do" list for a newer version of TPDC, allowing you to reposition and rotate the bones before saving)
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Btw, if experience informs me correctly, one rotates the bone in the opposite direction to the angle you want the equivalent part of the mesh to rotate. That is, if you want the mouth closed, rotate the bone as if you're opening the jaw. (This is because what you're actually doing is changing the relative position of the jaw vertices.)
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

If you want the mouth closed and it's open, of course you have to rotate the bone so that it matches the open position (by default, bones are in the "closed" position), since you'll be rotating the bone but the mouth won't be following it... I'm counting on Trespasser to "reset" it to closed once the level loads.
Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Nick3069 »

Success! :D
I tilted $JTRexS0F09 forward slightly (-0.25) and now the T. Rex has its mouth closed when idle. Thanks again machf.
spinaxoraptor
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by spinaxoraptor »

I have a jpog trex mod for trespasser but it's way more accurate to the jp trex and will post it on my dino mods where I post my modding work.