Toxic rifles in Town level

Discuss the game Trespasser here!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers

Hilwo
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Toxic rifles in Town level

Post by Hilwo »

For all the times I collected all the weapons in the InGen Town level, it was only today I learned of these two toxic rifles being in the
basement of the level. Probably nothing new for anyone but me :P I recognized them (the positioning) from the cabinet in the build 96
animal control room cabinet. In the retail basement of the level they are still in the same position (I think), though the stock for the
weapon was changed at this time. I know there's always one of each weapon in a level basement, like a row of them. But can anyone
think of more instances like this where they were actually moved from the play area? The cut .45 maybe, but other non-cut ones?

Edit: They are still in the cabinet in up to and including build 103, so they were moved pretty late.
Attachments
b116.jpg
b116.jpg (66.48 KiB) Viewed 3267 times
b096.jpg
b096.jpg (125.27 KiB) Viewed 3267 times
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Re: Toxic rifles in Town level

Post by Draconisaurus »

I'm sure I've seen other things like that. There's always the swamp planks.
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Post by tatu »

From my memory, I believe this is the only time clones (instances) of a weapon is found in the basement like this.
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Hmm, oh what about those Saloon wood pieces. I seem to remember them in awkward orientations.
Hilwo
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Post by Hilwo »

Draconisaurus wrote:I'm sure I've seen other things like that. There's always the swamp planks.

Hmm, oh what about those Saloon wood pieces. I seem to remember them in awkward orientations.
Where can I find these? I did check the saloon in b96, but didn't really find (for Trespasser standards) anything out of the ordinary.
Just tables submerged in the floor and a floating Redhawk.
tatu wrote:From my memory, I believe this is the only time clones (instances) of a weapon is found in the basement like this.
Yeah, I think so too. Maybe the .45 from Jungle Road, though I can't really check because TresEd hates my internal video card :P
tatu

Post by tatu »

The .45 in JR is the base model, so I didn't count that. That one is out of place from the other guns. Probably cause it is a leftover from early days.

As for the Saloon wood pieces. I believe they are probably rotated to fit the broken stairs. They are present in the retail basement around "-1461.875, -189.522, 47.730". If you spawn at the basement at height 0 instead of 47 (which will kill you), you should be able to shoot them down. All 5 parts are moveable. :)

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Hilwo
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Post by Hilwo »

tatu wrote:The .45 in JR is the base model, so I didn't count that. That one is out of place from the other guns. Probably cause it is a leftover from early days.
True, but it crossed my mind because it's not in a row with other weapons like we usually see. It's positioned as if it was moved out of the way. Not like how it's found in the PH basement :)
tatu wrote:As for the Saloon wood pieces. I believe they are probably rotated to fit the broken stairs. They are present in the retail basement around "-1461.875, -189.522, 47.730". If you spawn at the basement at height 0 instead of 47 (which will kill you), you should be able to shoot them down. All 5 parts are moveable. :)
Thanks, I'll check it out :)
tatu

Post by tatu »

Hilwo wrote:
tatu wrote:The .45 in JR is the base model, so I didn't count that. That one is out of place from the other guns. Probably cause it is a leftover from early days.
True, but it crossed my mind because it's not in a row with other weapons like we usually see. It's positioned as if it was moved out of the way. Not like how it's found in the PH basement :)
Oh that I am sure of it was. The jeep in Jungle Road (B96) is placed like it was in the level but moved to the basement (probably to have the base model there). :)

Hilwo
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Post by Hilwo »

tatu wrote:The jeep in Jungle Road (B96) is placed like it was in the level but moved to the basement (probably to have the base model there). :)
Just looked that up and yeah, looks like they put it in ingame first and in the basement later :P
tatu wrote:As for the Saloon wood pieces. I believe they are probably rotated to fit the broken stairs.
You're right - cool :) This is TresEd from the oldest builds and build 96 ingame.
Attachments
saloon2.png
saloon2.png (797.48 KiB) Viewed 3218 times
saloon.png
saloon.png (831.06 KiB) Viewed 3219 times
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Really too bad physics puzzles like this didn't survive. Friction-depended stacking and all that.
Hilwo
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Post by Hilwo »

Draconisaurus wrote:Really too bad physics puzzles like this didn't survive. Friction-depended stacking and all that.
Yeah, it looked really nice :) Wonder if Hammond's stairs would have anything like this before resorting to beams and boxes.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Could be. I never got around to the builds between b96 and b116, what is this puzzle like there? In the beta it is just a solo stair rail placed for easy access.
tatu

Post by tatu »

Draconisaurus wrote:Could be. I never got around to the builds between b96 and b116, what is this puzzle like there? In the beta it is just a solo stair rail placed for easy access.
As I recall, the only changes Build 103 does to IT is updating the SWP and PID. No level changes. Build 99 only contain BE changes.

spinaxoraptor
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by spinaxoraptor »

You know I like to play around with the town and add custom dinos although I always have a backup town.