Discuss the game Trespasser here!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers

JPFan95
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Stepping back into the world of Trespasser after a 12 year hiatus

Post by JPFan95 »

Hello all!

I have come back to the Trescom forums after stepping away in 2011. I was a very hyperactive teenager at the time and left right around my 16th birthday. I also earned my blackbelt in taekwondo at the time which was a serious commitment for me and took up most of my time. Now I am almost in my 30s and it's crazy to think about where the time went!

I just wanted to say hello to everybody again, I really missed this community. I have played Trespasser a few times over the last decade or so. The gaming rig I have now puts my middle school workstation to shame, but I've still had issues getting it running properly, even on a vanilla experience. In my time away I've seen the community grow a lot, and developer/early builds of the game get shared online. When I was active here, they were sacred pieces of lost media, thought to have been totally gone forever. I am happy to see that's not the case. I actually found my way back here due to the Quest 2 VR mod for Trespasser getting a lot of attention on Youtube and through the Untitled Dinosaur Game Discord, Tatu from the forums reached out to me and got my account unlocked again.

Some of you may remember me for my fan modding efforts, mostly through the DX Chronicles with RaptorKiller, which never materialized, or my infamous 10th-anniversary level, which was just the Pine Valley/Demo level with a bunch of script edits to the guns and dinosaurs. At one point I wrote some fan fiction, including my own sequel to the game which was about 45 pages long. I would love to get involved in the modding scene here again but unsure where to start! I will have to dive into the boards again and have fun.

Thanks for welcoming me back y'all!
Site B was not meant to be a theme park, but a research station. This is where we did the real work.
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

Re: Stepping back into the world of Trespasser after a 12 year hiatus

Post by tatu »

Welcome back JPFan95!
It is always amazing to see old-comers coming back. Heck, I am in my early 30's and have been here for more than half my life :)

As for running the game. We do have the CE patch: https://www.trescom.org/download/trespasser-ce-patch/
This has done a lot for us, as it gives it DX9 support, and way better performance. It got some other cool features as well but make sure to check it out as it will allow you a good 60 FPS vanilla playthrough. :)
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

New, old blood, eh? Always nice to see a familiar face from the past.
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Welcome back! You must be one of the legends from before my time here. I actually read the entirety of your fan-fiction years ago, and it was partially what inspired me to do one for JPDS. :wink:
hppav
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-

Post by hppav »

Welcome back! I just came back from a short hiatus myself :lol:

Yeah, you should definitely check out TresCE Patch, I've had a lot of luck with getting really good looking stuff with it. You can also turn back on the disabled dinosaur routines, add in a custom sky, and a number of other cool features. It has anti-aliasing and can render way more polygons than regular or ATX Tres.
Album 1 http://m.imgur.com/a/cRA26
Album 2 http://imgur.com/a/6tvKV
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom leaked and (few) official photos
Hilwo
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Post by Hilwo »

Welcome back :)
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Welcome back JPFan! DX Chronicles was a particluarly cool mod. It'd be interesting to see it finished one day. I am glad TresCom has members who remember and return.