Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

Re: Trespasser: Minecraft Edition

Post by tatu »

Welcome TrespassingWiccan!

Sadly I think this has been abandoned. The user making this has not visited for 3 years. :(

However, there is an active Minecraft creation of Trespasser, Minepass: https://www.trescomforum.org/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=11083 :)
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Hello Trespassing Wiccan. Welcome to Skull Sorna Island.

Tatu is correct... I myself had fully forgotten about this mod, it looks nice. I'm glad people occasionally spend so much time working with recreation of the game. Perhaps MinePass might soon gift us with a new image or two of his own work.
TrespassingWiccan
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by TrespassingWiccan »

tatu wrote:Welcome TrespassingWiccan!

Sadly I think this has been abandoned. The user making this has not visited for 3 years. :(

However, there is an active Minecraft creation of Trespasser, Minepass: https://www.trescomforum.org/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=11083 :)
Thank you, it is nice to meet you and great to be here (^^) I had a feeling it was, but it was worth asking just in case it was in status. And thank you, I will check it out! I recently left my JurassicCraft mod behind in favour of shaders and CITs but now I've found this it might be time to bring them back, all it takes is a prick of blood :lol:
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Well do share some of it with us if you're of a mind. Minecraft seems to like recreating Jurassic Park things a fair amount.
MinePass
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by MinePass »

Don't mean to repeat what everyone has said but sadly they're right, there was a planet minecraft page but it's looks like it too was deleted.
TrespassingWiccan
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Draconisaurus wrote:Well do share some of it with us if you're of a mind. Minecraft seems to like recreating Jurassic Park things a fair amount.
I tried to make the park back when I played MC on the PlayStation3 but the account is long gone, and I really only had the JurassicCraft mod for dinosaurs in a random seed world on my old PC, but I might try my hand at recreating Isla Nublar and Sorna again. I'm currently working on recreating the entire Pokemon world in Minecraft (only just finished New Bark Town and connecting routes, although World Edit makes things go a lot quicker) which doesn't fit here but if I do start on the islands, I'll post here and see if anyone would be interested in the process :ebiggrin:
TrespassingWiccan
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

MinePass wrote:Don't mean to repeat what everyone has said but sadly they're right, there was a planet minecraft page but it's looks like it too was deleted.
Oh, that's a shame. But thank you anyway, it's good to have confirmation even if by multiple sources haha. I've seen your work as well and I must commend you, it looks great! Even if one project has been left behind, there are still many more out there worth discovering (^^)
MysteriousGray
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by MysteriousGray »

Oh wow, it's been a while! I kinda lost interest in this project a few years back and stopped working on it to focus on my Isla Nublar recreation, but part of me wants to start this up again and see if I can get further on it. I don't wanna step on the MinePass guy's toes though, his stuff looks like it's turning out pretty good.
tatu

Post by tatu »

MysteriousGray wrote:Oh wow, it's been a while! I kinda lost interest in this project a few years back and stopped working on it to focus on my Isla Nublar recreation, but part of me wants to start this up again and see if I can get further on it. I don't wanna step on the MinePass guy's toes though, his stuff looks like it's turning out pretty good.
Go for it. Don't see it as competition. And do it like you want it :D
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
MinePass
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by MinePass »

MysteriousGray wrote:Oh wow part of me wants to start this up again and see if I can get further on it. I don't wanna step on the MinePass guy's toes though, his stuff looks like it's turning out pretty good.
First off welcome back and don't worry about "stepping on my toes". Tbh thought your disappearance was concerned to my arrival, was shocked to find out there was someone else with the same idea. And like Tatu said it's not a competition, though we're remaking the same game our goals are completely different. Will be interesting to see someone else's take on the structures and vehicles. :mrgreen:
MysteriousGray
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by MysteriousGray »

MinePass wrote:
MysteriousGray wrote:Oh wow part of me wants to start this up again and see if I can get further on it. I don't wanna step on the MinePass guy's toes though, his stuff looks like it's turning out pretty good.
First off welcome back and don't worry about "stepping on my toes". Tbh thought your disappearance was concerned to my arrival, was shocked to find out there was someone else with the same idea. And like Tatu said it's not a competition, though we're remaking the same game our goals are completely different. Will be interesting to see someone else's take on the structures and vehicles. :mrgreen:
Thanks! Unfortunately, this specific map doesn't exist anymore due to a series of unfortunate events so I'd have to essentially start from scratch. I'm still entertaining starting up again though, as a side project
MinePass
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by MinePass »

MysteriousGray wrote:Unfortunately, this specific map doesn't exist anymore due to a series of unfortunate events so I'd have to essentially start from scratch. I'm still entertaining starting up again though, as a side project
Dang that sucks. If it helps your more than welcome to use any my builds, vehicles, tress, Ect. in your rebuild. Although my map is 1.18 and I'm assuming this is for 1.12.
MysteriousGray
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by MysteriousGray »

MinePass wrote: Dang that sucks. If it helps your more than welcome to use any my builds, vehicles, tress, Ect. in your rebuild. Although my map is 1.18 and I'm assuming this is for 1.12.
It was, but I'm definitely updating to a later version of Minecraft for mine. And while I appreciate the offer, I prefer to make my own stuff over borrowing other people's builds.
spinaxoraptor
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by spinaxoraptor »

This looks incredibly hard to do and just doing block by block looks horribly exhausting!