A new Trespasser patch/update (Trespasser CE)

Discuss the game Trespasser here!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers

tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

Re: A new Trespasser patch/update (Trespasser CE)

Post by tatu »

The older builds have some exclusive textures, but I think it would be easier if someone went through them to pick out the different ones and that take time. :)
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Isolt
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus

Post by Isolt »

Draconisaurus wrote:How much are textures found in the retail release? I imagine some are BMP names found only in older builds..
I extracted all the textures from Retail. I then got all the "mystery model" textures, compared them to make sure they weren't significantly different and replaced the retail ones with those where I could. That wasn't a huge percentage though, so it's mostly retail textures.
Presumably all the textures in retail are used in game?
tatu

Post by tatu »

Isolt wrote:
Draconisaurus wrote:How much are textures found in the retail release? I imagine some are BMP names found only in older builds..
I extracted all the textures from Retail. I then got all the "mystery model" textures, compared them to make sure they weren't significantly different and replaced the retail ones with those where I could. That wasn't a huge percentage though, so it's mostly retail textures.
Presumably all the textures in retail are used in game?
Yes, all texture are used AFAIK. Even though some are for objects only found in the basement, and never appears in the game area. :)

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Actually my question was directed at Tatu, to be aware if using the HD texture pack might be missing some things when used on BEPH1. : )
tatu

Post by tatu »

Draconisaurus wrote:Actually my question was directed at Tatu, to be aware if using the HD texture pack might be missing some things when used on BEPH1. : )
It will. At least one object is the propeller for the airplane at the beach. It is possible there are some other ones but I am not sure.

Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Hmm and the Mayan Face.
tatu

Post by tatu »

Draconisaurus wrote:Hmm and the Mayan Face.
Oh yes, that one as well, and the poster in the shed.

cynodesmus
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by cynodesmus »

Lee Arbuco wrote:This patch (Trespasser CE), that was engineered from genetic material thought to be extinct, provides improved support for modern hardware and Windows versions, but also has some fixes and additions. Read the included documentation for installation instructions and more detailed information.
This patch works fine.
But, I would like to touch upon the problem that will arise before someone who tries to play a game that has a translation into a language using a different character set than Latin.
I already mentioned this issue in the "caption_editor" thread ...

But, I'm afraid that this message will get lost, so I allow myself to use an excerpt from it:
"...Apparently, this has been the case since the main game in 1998, since in the version released in Russia, the translators had to create a special font, and write the localization text based on the use of this font.
Spoiler: show
I suspect that tpass-ce is rigidly tied to the c_1252.nls file, regardless of the regional settings of the system, or the parameters specified in the Windows registry.
I have not seen the source code, but I suspect that somewhere there is a hard-coded parameter responsible for the used code table.
There are 2 options for solving this problem.

1) "Simple" in implementation, but has a serious disadvantage. The user must have local administrator rights on the computer being used. The user must replace the c_1252.nls code table file with the one used in his regional system settings in accordance with the ANSI identifier (GetACP). The localizers that released the version of the game in Russia did not take such a step, since it is bad form to change the system files of the user's operating system without his knowledge. Therefore, they tried to go the other way (drawing their own font, etc.)
However, this method is still practiced by users (however, usually it is enough to change the regional settings in the system, or change the registry settings. Replacing system files is used in especially difficult cases). Microsoft promised to fix the problem with region code tables and did a little bit with it ... but didn’t solve it 100%

2) It is necessary to make changes to the source code of the program, removing the hard link to the file of the code table used in the USA and Western Europe (c_1252.nls). Either use the parameter specified in the registry, or take the necessary values ​​from the * .ini file.
Or, compile several versions of the program for each code table: 874, 932, 936, 949, 950, 1251, 1252, 1253, 1254, 1255, 1256, 1257.
"
P.S.I hope that this task will have a solution that does not require user intervention in the system files of the operating system ...
Unfortunately, this is beyond my skills.
Максимум, что я мог сделать, это перевести и интегрировать текст в файлы TPA с помощью инструментов сообщества. Однако для корректного отображения текста необходима поддержка соответствующей кодовой таблицы.
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

35703007040 enables all experimental behaviors, 32768 enables jumping only.
Are you gents using the std ints (ie. like above), or should we be adding the hex values instead?
tatu

Post by tatu »

I am only using the "-1" option, as the behaviours generally needs to be added to the AI's script anyway.
I think you can use either, but I haven't tried only enabling some myself.

St3n
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by St3n »

Hi,

i tried this CE patch with my german Trespasser_G version.
Unfortunately it shows me english strings.
Is this caused by the CE exe?
Is there any way to get german strings?
tatu

Post by tatu »

Welcome to TresCom!
Yes, that would be the cause of the CE exe. The main way to get the German strings with CE is to use something like a HEX editor (or like Resource Hacker) to extract them and look into the "game_strings.txt" file inside the CE/docs folder on how to "translate" the game.
One of these days, maybe we should make some translations from the official localisations into a CE pack :D

machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

St3n wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 2:18 pm Is there any way to get german strings?
No, since those are hardcoded into the executable.
In order to make a localized version, we'd need first to gather all the existing versions in different languages, copy the corresponding text strings, and modify the code so that by specifying a "language" parameter, it may display the proper text for each language.
Has anyone seen Lee Arbuco lately?
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
tatu

Post by tatu »

machf wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 7:27 pm
St3n wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 2:18 pm Is there any way to get german strings?
No, since those are hardcoded into the executable.
In order to make a localized version, we'd need first to gather all the existing versions in different languages, copy the corresponding text strings, and modify the code so that by specifying a "language" parameter, it may display the proper text for each language.
Has anyone seen Lee Arbuco lately?
Sadly Lee has been inactive for the past 4 years. :(

Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Nick3069 »

St3n wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 2:18 pmIs there any way to get german strings?
CE adds the feature to replace all of the game's text strings by creating the text file data/menu/game_strings.txt. Alternatively, you can put the file in the data/menu/German subfolder and add the line Language=German in Trespasser.ini under [General].
I've attached a game_strings.txt translated from English to German with Google Translate. I only know a few German words, so I don't know how accurate the translation is, but it should be enough to get you started.
Attachments
game_strings.txt
Google Translated German
(10.67 KiB) Downloaded 61 times
Last edited by Nick3069 on Wed Apr 12, 2023 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total.