The (un)known missing levels.

Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

Bryankd2015
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Re: The (un)known missing levels.

Post by Bryankd2015 »

I keep getting stuck. And I will tell you why. The only terrain object gave me was one or two variance of dirt. Is there and terrain for beach level that is sand and grass? It did not import those.

Can I go on the retail use the terrain switch and export it? Since the palette problems. I want to be sure before I try it.
Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Nick3069 »

There are no seamless sand textures in any of the retail trespasser levels, but there are custom levels that have some like Silver Shore and Palm Gate.

Here is a quick step-by-step guide to converting terrain texture pallets with Wally.

Step 1: Extracting your terrain pallet.
Open TresEd, open your level, go to Terrain -> Select first terrain object, and export the object.
Open Wally, open the exported texture, go to Colors -> Save Pallet... , and save the pallet in the same folder as the texture and give is a name like PuzzleBeachTerrain.

Step2: Extracting your desired terrain object.
In TresEd, open the level that contains your desired texture, press the green mountain button to flatten the terrain and display terrain objects, select the desired object and export it.

Step3: Converting the bitmap to your level's pallet.
In Wally open your desired texture to convert, go to Colors -> Load Pallet... , select your terrain pallet (PuzzleBeachTerrain.pal), and click the floppy disk button to save.
Note: depending how different pallets are from each other, your texture might not look as desired.

Step 4: Importing your new terrain object:
Open GeomAdd, click Import File, select your level, select your new terrain object, and verify that the import went well.
Done! You can now go back to TresEd, load/re-load your level and move your new terrain object to your desired location.
Bryankd2015
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Bryankd2015 »

I guess I am really bad at this. I cannot figure out the path the beach level had from the blank terrain, as in where to place the water so it matches as it is a certain cut. Would there be any way to figure that out or can someone put the water on in the right spot where anne starts beach?
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

Post by tatu »

Bryankd2015 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 4:33 am I guess I am really bad at this. I cannot figure out the path the beach level had from the blank terrain, as in where to place the water so it matches as it is a certain cut. Would there be any way to figure that out or can someone put the water on in the right spot where anne starts beach?
When you export the water object, make sure to deselect the first option "Center objects around (0,0,0) instead of actual in-game coordinates". That way when you import the object with GeomAdd, it will be imported in the same location it was exported from (as long as you haven't modified the "Amount of offset imported object positions by:" in the GeomAdd import window. :)

And a useful tip for navigating terrain with no objects: Open up Terrain Edit mode. That is also a great way to get an overview and understanding about the terrain, and if you're lucky, you start to understand where they devs have done rough changes to possibly cut off areas or scale them down!
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Bryankd2015
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Bryankd2015 »

Thanks a lot. I will be using those as a new way to do things. I am trying to basically redo a new beach level as I go along. Is small enough level I think to try a redo on before moving to larger areas.

Has anyone ported in or created a gallimimus yet? Would like to put some in the beach area I am working on
Last edited by tatu on Wed Feb 01, 2023 3:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged double-posts.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

There is a Gallimimus in TC Isle. However it uses custom sounds that take a few steps to put into your own level, and I'd recommend waiting to learn how to add new sounds, until you're more familiar with modding.

You COULD import the TC Isle Gallimimus without editing sounds. But the game will be pointing to a set of "vocal cubes" that won't line up with the Galli, so it may sound strange in the meantime.
Bryankd2015
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Bryankd2015 »

Draconisaurus wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 5:04 pm There is a Gallimimus in TC Isle. However it uses custom sounds that take a few steps to put into your own level, and I'd recommend waiting to learn how to add new sounds, until you're more familiar with modding.

You COULD import the TC Isle Gallimimus without editing sounds. But the game will be pointing to a set of "vocal cubes" that won't line up with the Galli, so it may sound strange in the meantime.
I was already planning on doing sound later, for the moment level is going to be completely silent, but not adding anything at this point to kkill the player, just putting other things there and I wanted to see if the gallimimus might be a good fit for part of the level, so the sound is definately not neccessary at this point. When there is enough done, I will take some screens so everyone here can see what I am working on. Right now is pretty much blank canvas, just getting the imports and things on the level to put in right place. Yes, I have figured out the ground on the created levels is slightly different than expected, however I can work around it. I wanted to change a bit of the terrain as it was, so it all works for me. Thanks.

I broke the level apperently.. never mind. I figured it out took awhile. I left the terrain button on.
Screenshot (247).png
Screenshot (247).png (1.31 MiB) Viewed 1630 times
Bryankd2015
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Bryankd2015 »

I have been working on some imports, ground textures etc.. long way away from finished, but how does this look so far...
Screenshot (248).png
Screenshot (248).png (2.69 MiB) Viewed 1575 times
tatu

Post by tatu »

Great progress! Make sure to run it every now and then (you don't have to fully play it all the way every time) to make sure it loads and make backups. The most tricky part that causes issue after import is often triggers. :)

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Bryankd2015
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Bryankd2015 »

Yes I will be working on a new puzzle in next few days little importing left and then I will start on sounds. I have multiple ideas on puzzles here and going to see what might work versus what doesn’t work so well. Will post more screens when I am closer
Bryankd2015
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Bryankd2015 »

I am trying to put some of the old unused items to work in the level I am working on and having difficulties in getting them saved to import into the game. That’s why started the gmax thread. I can open them I can alter them but it will not let me save them. See the other thread.
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

You're learning there, bud. Good job. Just don't get frustrated, it takes a while to learn all the ropes. ;)
Bryankd2015
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Bryankd2015 »

Screenshot (254).png
Screenshot (254).png (89.19 KiB) Viewed 1441 times
This is what I am getting in gmax it will export to somewhere but it wont let me save as a tpm file at all.. I think I have something wrong but not sure what.
tatu

Post by tatu »

See the Gmax topic, hopefully the answer given that helps!

Bryankd2015
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Bryankd2015 »

Well lesson learned I guess. Broke the level over 126 errors and uh no did not have a backup although I was warned multiple times so thanks but am starting again. I do have gmax somewhat workable. Trying to get some of the puzzle models out of the mystery sets. Such as the Lincoln logs and house of cards just to name a couple.