The (un)known missing levels.

Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Re: The (un)known missing levels.

Post by Rebel »

I just check version 0.5, 0.6 and my unreleased 0.7 version. I get no errors, no missing values inside of the generated text file. About the only thing that I see that may be a problem is that your file location's address
'is way too long'. Try putting it on the Desktop. I actually ran across this problem with TPDC whereas it wouldn't run if I had it buried inside too many directories. (but placed it on the Desktop and it ran just fine). A-
nother point is I'd avoid creating level files with a space in its name. Instead of 'beach puzzles' I would suggest 'beach_puzzles' or 'beach-puzzles'. I did make allowances for any whitespaces to be read, but I wouldn't
swear that it'd catch them every time.
Bryankd2015
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Bryankd2015 »

Both very good points. Yes tatu I tried that with same results. How ever the top deep in folders a good possibility. Thanks both of you. The confusing part to me is all the different things in each folder. What terrain file should I be using since there are several. The different Anne’s been using the retail one and so forth.

What all you need to import specifically is my question I guess there are so many different things to import is confusing to know which ones you need and which are the extra more or less.

Please look through all the import folders in the and tell me as a beginner if you would not get confused. I hope you all understand my meaning here.

Welcome to GeomAdd.
Please select level and file or directory to import.

Loading level for verification...
Verifying level...
Name: "testing"
SCN: "c:\users\bryan\desktop\tres_millennium\shell generator\testing.scn"
GRF: "c:\users\bryan\desktop\tres_millennium\shell generator\testing.grf"
PID: "c:\users\bryan\desktop\tres_millennium\shell generator\testing-130.pid"
SWP: "c:\users\bryan\desktop\tres_millennium\shell generator\testing-130.swp"
SPZ: ""
Verifying instances...
Verifying meshes...
Verifying values...
WARNING: Unknown value 'Pathfinding' found in "$AnneBody".
ERROR: PID is missing texture "Map\testing\Anne2_Health_deadt2.bmp", used in Player "Anne", value Anim10
ERROR: PID is missing texture "Map\testing\Anne2_Health_10t2.bmp", used in Player "Anne", value Anim09
ERROR: PID is missing texture "Map\testing\Anne2_Health_20t2.bmp", used in Player "Anne", value Anim08
ERROR: PID is missing texture "Map\testing\Anne2_Health_30t2.bmp", used in Player "Anne", value Anim07
ERROR: PID is missing texture "Map\testing\Anne2_Health_40t2.bmp", used in Player "Anne", value Anim06
ERROR: PID is missing texture "Map\testing\Anne2_Health_50t2.bmp", used in Player "Anne", value Anim05
ERROR: PID is missing texture "Map\testing\Anne2_Health_60t2.bmp", used in Player "Anne", value Anim04
ERROR: PID is missing texture "Map\testing\Anne2_Health_70t2.bmp", used in Player "Anne", value Anim03
ERROR: PID is missing texture "Map\testing\Anne2_Health_80t2.bmp", used in Player "Anne", value Anim02
ERROR: PID is missing texture "Map\testing\Anne2_Health_90t2.bmp", used in Player "Anne", value Anim01
ERROR: PID is missing texture "Map\testing\Anne2_Health_100t2.bmp", used in Player "Anne", value Anim00
Verifying PID...
Used 0.3MB of 8.1MB available primary texture space
Used 4 of 98 available palettes
Verifying SWP and SPZ...
Finished verification.

What went wrong? Something to do with anne.. but I am not sure what happened.
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

You forgot to click GeomAdd's checkbox, Byran. It's the one that says 'convert texture names to form'. That's why Anne's tatoo broke. Another point; what you explained earlier means
that someone changed my program from the original packaging. In the versions I personally uploaded there is only one folder labeled 'Import_Models'. That's it.

You create your level
You drop the trn_placement.values text file into the 'Import Model's folder.
You open up GeomAdd
You select 'Import Directory'
You find folder 'Import_Models', select the first tpm.
Make cetain Geomadd's checkbox for 'convert texture names to form' has a check in it.
You click 'ok'

They are all the steps. If the version you are using has multiple import folders, go to the either 'programs and utilites' thread, or download version 0.06 from the main site.
Bryankd2015
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Bryankd2015 »

Can the same one be fixed or do I need to start over again?
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

Bryankd2015 wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 10:42 pm Can the same one be fixed or do I need to start over again?

Reimport Anne and make certain that you mark that checkbox, 'change texture names to form' It'll ask replace textures, you say yes.
Bryankd2015
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Bryankd2015 »

Welcome to GeomAdd.
Please select level and file or directory to import.

Loading level for verification...
Verifying level...
Name: "testing"
SCN: "c:\users\bryan\desktop\tres_millennium\shell generator\testing.scn"
GRF: "c:\users\bryan\desktop\tres_millennium\shell generator\testing.grf"
PID: "c:\users\bryan\desktop\tres_millennium\shell generator\testing-130.pid"
SWP: "c:\users\bryan\desktop\tres_millennium\shell generator\testing-130.swp"
SPZ: ""
Verifying instances...
Verifying meshes...
Verifying values...
WARNING: Unknown value 'Pathfinding' found in "$AnneBody".
Verifying PID...
Used 0.3MB of 8.1MB available primary texture space
Used 4 of 98 available palettes
Verifying SWP and SPZ...
Finished verification.

This means it should work now, right? and can I fix the error above or is that normal and left alone?
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

Yup, it should work now. As far as the unknown values, you can ignore that as it won't affect the level in any way. If it bothers you, you can just remove that value
from the $AnneBody tscript by way of TresEd.
Bryankd2015
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Bryankd2015 »

Screenshot (243).png
Screenshot (243).png (338.82 KiB) Viewed 2242 times
So, I opened in tresed. I do not undertand this.. please tell me how to fix it, or what I need to do to get the errain covered..
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

Well, if you like a particular terrain texture, say in one of the retail levels you'd export it using TresEd, then import it. Then you would select the object and clone it. It's like putting together a
square puzzle. One thing that you need to know though is that all terrrain textures share the same palette. in other words, they all have to share the same colors. I use PaintShop_Pro for this,
but I'm sure that there are free texture programs out there too. In short, if you're using the beach textures, only use the beach textures to insure the palette for each texture is the same. Since
it appears that there are already ground textures in this level, I suggest using those. Consider what you're doing now is a test level, a learning level.
Bryankd2015
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Bryankd2015 »

I have the texture there the terrain is the beach. I just have to clone the textures over the terrain I use the right?

I am just used to seeing a level come up with the textures already on the terrain.
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

Bryankd2015 wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 11:09 pm I have the texture there the terrain is the beach. I just have to clone the textures over the terrain I use the right?

I am just used to seeing a level come up with the textures already on the terrain.
Yeah, that's correct. And no, when you're building a level, you need to do it all, bud. ;)
Bryankd2015
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Bryankd2015 »

Sounds like I got something to work with.so the next question is can I take the ocean off the beach level and export it and import the model into the new level and is that what I do for all the objects I want say the fencing the sign the boxes etc?
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Bryankd2015 wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 11:29 pm Sounds like I got something to work with.so the next question is can I take the ocean off the beach level and export it and import the model into the new level and is that what I do for all the objects I want say the fencing the sign the boxes etc?
Yes, exactly. You can do that with all objects from any level as you like, just as you have imported other objects with GeomAdd. It's as easy as selecting your object, exporting it, and importing it again with GeomAdd. :)

Make sure that you are only exporting single objects and not groups of them, as you might miss their attached "$" objects, which are the physics objects attached to the model in its T-Script (typically, they will be named something along the lines of "$FExampleObj00-00"). If you import a model without its physics, there is a strong chance that the game will crash when loading the level.
Some specific objects, such as buildings or anything larger or more complex, will often use "invisible instance" physics objects instead of $ objects as there is a limit to how many $ objects a mesh can be assigned in its T-Script; these objects will need to be exported manually by selecting both the building itself and the physics boxes, which will be visible if you make "Invisible Instances" visible in TresEd (in the retail levels, they are usually pink-coloured).
Bryankd2015
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Bryankd2015 »

Screenshot (244).png
Screenshot (244).png (2.09 MiB) Viewed 2168 times
Thanks. I will be spending a couple of days with the new level I got figuring out how the terrain objects work to create the best lloking terrain. then I will move on to simple objects, and so forth. the 2 that sound complicated are the sounds and the ocean. but, I will ask about them at the given time. To everyone on this thread. Thank you for your time and patience. I understnad now how to start my own level, and where it is when I first open it. I will do a few different things with this level and probably create a few more before I move to the next step. I thank you all.
Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Nick3069 »

Instead of PaintShop_Pro, you can used Wally, which is included in Tres Millennium.

The ocean is like any other object and should be very simple to do. Sounds on the other hand are much more complicated. Sounds are stored in one of 4 TPA files: Ambient, Stream, Menu, and Effects.
Ambient contains sounds like bird cries, waterfalls, machinery, and other sounds that emit from the environment.
Stream contains voiceovers and music.
Menu is the same as Ambient but only applies to the main menu.
Effects contains gun shots, collision sounds, dinosaur vocals and the player's vocals (ammo count, grunts, and ouches.)
TPA files are Trespasser's largest files and it is not recommended to modify them directly. Both ATX and CE have features where you can have separate TPA files which get added to the 4 main TPAs.