Hello

Discuss the game Trespasser here!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers

Bryankd2015
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Re: Hello

Post by Bryankd2015 »

tatu, thank you.. I put in already. Draconisaurus, thanks. Nick, I was aware of the updates difference but that was a new reference for me, so thank you as well.

I am getting my levels and tools back together.. what I have not at least yet found is; I think I remember a version of town that had you going out by the most east street, and climbing a slight hill to hit a gate and was basically unfinished after that point, but I do remember something on those lines.. any ideas?
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Bryankd2015 wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 4:43 am I am getting my levels and tools back together.. what I have not at least yet found is; I think I remember a version of town that had you going out by the most east street, and climbing a slight hill to hit a gate and was basically unfinished after that point, but I do remember something on those lines.. any ideas?
Yeah, that's the early version of IT from Build...55, I think? The south-eastern gate was removed and turned into a hill (with all the objects still in their original positions, clipping into the terrain) in later versions and much of the Town's valley was squished down. I went into further detail about the missing gate when I posted on your "Missing Levels" topic:
https://www.trescomforum.org/viewtopic. ... 18#p137118
That gate led to a valley which we know basically nothing about before coming to the shore, where you would leap along the cliffside in order to get into the Plains.
Bryankd2015
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Bryankd2015 »

That’s what I thought. But having a lot of trouble ding that version
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

Post by tatu »

Nick3069 wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 3:17 am
tatu wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 2:33 pm The purple bug that happens after you enter the video menu on vanilla and ATX can be fixed by placing a ddraw.dll from I forgot where in the main folder. :)
Maybe DDrawCompat on GitHub?
https://github.com/narzoul/DDrawCompat/releases
Very likely! I think any ddraw.dll might do :)
That’s what I thought. But having a lot of trouble ding that version
You can find it here: https://www.trescom.org/download/ingen- ... and-v015r/ , though these are the original 3ds Max files.
I've done a few behind-the-scene works on it but unsure what I have released to the public. Your best bet is to download PH2IT: https://www.trescomforum.org/viewtopic. ... 62#p136562 and check the town version in that, as it is based on the 3ds Max versions, as well as build 96 and retail. :)
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Bryankd2015
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Bryankd2015 »

Thanks, I will check them out.. also have something to share here..
Attachments
Screenshot (225).png
Screenshot (225).png (800.45 KiB) Viewed 2091 times
Bryankd2015
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Bryankd2015 »

I have almost everything I need to do what I set out for. I will be gathering the remaking files for the resources to do some changes. Eventually I will have changed every level to closely match the 1997 walkthrough as much as possible.
tatu

Post by tatu »

Good luck!
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Bryankd2015
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Bryankd2015 »

As soon as I have time for screenshots I will post them. Thanks Tatu

Out of curiosity is there any herbivore that are small that I can put in some levels? Ones that will ignore Anne completely but still there. And how to place them.
Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Nick3069 »

The smallest retail herbivore is stegosaurus, but there have been homalocephale and pachycephalosaurus in some custom levels and I think dryosaurus has also been rigged, but I don't remember any level that uses it.
Last edited by Nick3069 on Fri Jan 20, 2023 2:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Bryankd2015 wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 8:26 pm Out of curiosity is there any herbivore that are small that I can put in some levels? Ones that will ignore Anne completely but still there. And how to place them.
We have a number of JPOG dinosaurs rigged up, as Nick mentioned (in fact, I think they've all been rigged). Additionally there is the gallimimus in TC~Isle. Can't think of any more right now but there are probably more of them. You can script any dinosaur to ignore Anne, though, by changing its emotion values as well as its Archetype in its T-Script.

CAnimals (dinosaurs) are placed in the same fashion as any other object. Often we use values in their T-Scripts (such as StayNear + StayNearTarget, which will force the CAnimal to keep within a certain distance of an object) in order to get them to behave the way we want, which is an extra step beyond what the typical CInstance (normal object) requires when placing. It is also possible to create "clone" instances of CAnimals which have their own independent scripting, but still use the base CAnimals's mesh and physics (these can be seen used thoroughly throughout the original game).
I highly recommend you look at machf's T-Script Reference before doing any scripting for your own levels as it is sort of the quintessential resource when it comes to creating new levels for Trespasser - it lists all of the values you can assign to objects, such as triggers, instances, and animals, and what they do, which will help you a lot when you're first starting out in TresEd. I think it's safe to say that anyone who makes a Trespasser level uses it all the time as there is a surprisingly large amount of stuff you can do with T-Scripts.
Bryankd2015
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Bryankd2015 »

Where is the script reference. I will read it. Yes I want different Dino’s doing different things. Trying to figure out how tressed and Guiana work to get the levels built the way I want. I have around 50 gigs of resources to put in whatever I want.
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

The script reference can be found here - additionally machf has a link to it in his signature:
https://www.trescom.org/files/docs/tscript.html
Bryankd2015 wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 11:54 pm Trying to figure out how tressed and Guiana work to get the levels built the way I want.
I guess you're referring to TresEd and GeomAdd? I believe Draconisaurus put together a series of YouTube videos on that topic which might help you, you can find them on his YouTube channel.
Bryankd2015
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Bryankd2015 »

I will definitely check them out. Thank you for all the help. I fixed a few small things already. Be is changed. Jr is changed ph next. I am doing the terrain files part first then going to work on puzzles. Shuttle changes can put game on track for the 97 walkthrough.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

TheIdiot wrote: I think it's safe to say that anyone who makes a Trespasser level uses it all the time as there is a surprisingly large amount of stuff you can do with T-Scripts.
Well, I'm not sure who all does what, but for myself I've spent a decent effort to memorize script details in order to not look them up each time. It's a nice practice to set aside actual modding for a moment, now and then or whatever, and just study the material as if you are working at, oh, a trade school or some such. 8)

TresEd unfinished tutorials are found here - https://www.trescomforum.org/viewtopic.php?t=11093
Bryankd2015
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Bryankd2015 »

Thanks for the link some of the downloads do not have the best descriptions and have gotten confused a few times. One issue I am having is I am unable to load levels into any version of guiapp it tells me there is no data. Come up with white screen and a triangle. Can someone get me the right guiapp that works with tresed? The other stuff I am learning by using after I understand what to do.